Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » VRC Round 1 - Big Thanks to Andrew Vibert!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Incredible_Serious
Regular

May 2002

icon14.gif  VRC Round 1 - Big Thanks to Andrew Vibert!! Tue, 25 February 2003 01:14 Go to next message
The first round of the Victorian Rally Championship was last Saturday, and I've got to say, WHAT DROUGHT??? It rained most of the night/day, the roads were muddy and lots of fun in the Honda... FWD in mud... what an experience!

As seemingly usual, deepest Gippsland turned on the water works for this one. My better half and I were doing a road closure on Stage 5, (first car 2pm, be at the meeting point at 9am!!!) and got to see some good action, although the trail bike guys coming reverse direction along the stage was a worry....

The best part, by miles, was the sight of Andrew Vibert in his green machine, coming around the corner towards my point... I'm up on a stump, way off the road, taking a picture... car ROARS through the corner, then just as it seems he sees me about to take a picture, he wags the tail right out!!! Priceless!!! You may remember it if you're reading Andrew, it was just after you passed Windus in the Legacy...

[Begin RANT]Worst part, equally by miles, was the seemingly usual effort of telling road closures they can go home when their job is done. An official should STOP at each point, thank the road closure VOLUNTEERS for standing out in the rain all day, collect any bibs/signs/bunting/etc., and tell them they are free to go and no longer needed. They should NOT just drive past, stopping at only a few RC points... we did not want to do the wrong thing, so waited to be officially told our services were no longer required. After 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour though, we just gave up... and found that all the officials for the rest of the stage had already left. I HATE THAT.
[/RANT]

Roll on the VRC!!! Hope my pics come out...

Alex
  Send a private message to this user    
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: VRC Round 1 - Big Thanks to Andrew Vibert!! Thu, 27 February 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure you send me the pics Alex..and maybe ill send youre videos back Smile if Max doesent come and get them bloody soon!!!!!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon9.gif  Re: VRC Round 1 - Big Thanks to Andrew Vibert!! Fri, 28 February 2003 02:09 Go to previous message
Eh! None of that talk!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My first speeding ticket
Next Topic:first kill
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:39:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003896951675415 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.