Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ra23 indicator problems...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
eastie
Regular

February 2003
icon4.gif  ra23 indicator problems... Tue, 04 March 2003 22:51 Go to next message
can someone please tell me where to look if my indicators arnt working in a ra23... its not the fuse, if checked them, theres just nothing, the light bulbs are fine, is it something to do with the leaver??? Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
eastie
Regular

February 2003
Re: ra23 indicator problems... Wed, 05 March 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump... carn its got me stumped... dont wana pay to take it to a auto electrician... gota save 4 the conversion
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: ra23 indicator problems... Wed, 05 March 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try checking all the bulbs or something
eastie
Regular

February 2003
Re: ra23 indicator problems... Wed, 05 March 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
***cough***

Quote:

the light bulbs are fine

Confused Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ra23 indicator problems... Wed, 05 March 2003 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you checked the flasher relay is working fine?
eastie
Regular

February 2003
Re: ra23 indicator problems... Wed, 05 March 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh this is what i wanted... um where is that... i have no idea about the electronic side of things in my celica...
eastie
Regular

February 2003
Re: ra23 indicator problems... Wed, 05 March 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah and how do i see if its working... i dont have a test light... will i need one?
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: ra23 indicator problems... Wed, 05 March 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure that the contacts on the post are clean and free of dust and crap. Probably the only way on doing this properly is by taking off the steering wheel and comb and looking that way.
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: ra23 indicator problems... Wed, 05 March 2003 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do the hazard lights work??
if yes, then its your stick.
if no, its probably your flasher unit.

the flasher unit is located behind the drivers side kick panel, a new one from toyota is about $85.
a after market one is about $30

CamZH

[Updated on: Wed, 05 March 2003 09:12]

eastie
Regular

February 2003
Re: ra23 indicator problems... Thu, 06 March 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na hazards dont work... ill check the flasher unit soon, how do i know if it is that? or is that all it could be?
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: ra23 indicator problems... Thu, 06 March 2003 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Eastie,
I'm not 100% sure about how to bypass the flasher...
But you might want to check your fuses aswell!
You should be able to get a 2nd hand flasher from your local wrecked pretty cheap.

Cam
eastie
Regular

February 2003
Re: ra23 indicator problems... Thu, 06 March 2003 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thanx ill lookin to buyen a new flasher box when i need it... wont be for like 1/2 a year, i just wanted to know if i could do anything to make it work...

by the way what does a flasher box look like? i removed the kick panel and there were some wires (loom) is this it? no much of a box if u ask me... Rolling Eyes
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: ra23 indicator problems... Thu, 06 March 2003 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like a relay if i had my car at work i would go and take a pic.
eastie
Regular

February 2003
Re: ra23 indicator problems... Fri, 07 March 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm... na all i got is a loom which i guess is going back to the rear lights... ill look harder i guess... i got like 3 wires with connections hanging down under the dash... ive got no idea where these go... looked 4 ages... Evil or Very Mad
eastie
Regular

February 2003
Re: ra23 indicator problems... Sun, 09 March 2003 01:22 Go to previous message
ok... i think ive found it, there is a board connected to the dash which is right behind the the indicator lights on the dash... u know the < > part... Confused yeah would this be the flasher box? ill play around with it today...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Suitable Engine For RT118 Corona
Next Topic:1GGTZE????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:31:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053009986877441 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.