Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
icon4.gif  18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Sun, 09 March 2003 08:21 Go to next message
I am about to do the 18r-c==> 18rg with efi gear conversion. Having trouble finding a factory ecu so I was wondering what else I could get/use instead of or just untill I find one.

What are you thoughts. I don't really want to go to the expense of and aftermarket one because I don't want to be doning anything out of the ordinary with it.

help!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Sun, 09 March 2003 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
22R-E electronics can be used with a bit of screwing around. People in the US have done this and apparently it works well.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Sun, 09 March 2003 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, norbie is correct, i have heard very similar stories and it works great.
justin
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Sun, 09 March 2003 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 2TGEU computer will run a 18RGEU if I'm not mistaken.. Can you confirm this Norbie? I'm pretty sure there the same. If they do.. I have 2 spare!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Sun, 09 March 2003 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I have seen 18R-GEU's running with 2T-GEU electronics and vice-versa. They are very similar if not identical as far as the ECU goes.
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Sun, 09 March 2003 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I can get a 2tgeu ECu and will plug in fine? Is that correct?
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Mon, 10 March 2003 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blaze..
The 18RGEU and the 2TGEU computers are very similar... I can give you a wiring diagram for the 2TGEU to compare if you like..
The 2TGEU came out with 3 different computers.. They was a mythical 4th one, but I'm yet to see it.. So I'm not sure whether the plugs are the same.. The 2TGEU plugs are the same as the MX73 Cressida.. So you can just use those ones..

[Updated on: Mon, 10 March 2003 01:44]

Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Mon, 10 March 2003 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im thinkin that there is a 4th version of the 2tgeu computer, mine is the same size as the gex2 computer but instead of the green pcb mine is brown if my memory serves me correct
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Mon, 10 March 2003 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey pumkin how much do you want for one of your 2TGEU computers? have they been tested, and do they come with the plugs?
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Mon, 10 March 2003 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone have any Idea where I can get one of these. Please let me know. the 18rgeu would be nice but I will even give the 2tgeu a go. any help would be greatly appreciated. Very Happy
roger
Regular

June 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Mon, 10 March 2003 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Use a 2se computer out of a camary or any thing that runs a 2se pre 86 should work fine. Almost identicle to the 18rg system uses the same sensors and what not, AFM is a dirrect swap ( I have tried it) they are in abundence at pick a part cheap complete systems save having to chase down 2tgeu system. As norbi says a 22re system will work the same also. Just need to tune (fiddle the airflow meter) it for the 18rg. Just make sure that you fit ballast resistors if using the low impedence injectors.

Roger
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Tue, 11 March 2003 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will a 2SE ecu work on the 18rgeu setup. i have the 18rgeu afm so if I wire it all up it should be fine using what sensors are one the 18rgeu I have. One more question, I take it that I should put an oxygen sensor in the exhaust. If so can any exhaust place do that.
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Tue, 11 March 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

hey pumkin how much do you want for one of your 2TGEU computers? have they been tested, and do they come with the plugs?

Hey inferno.. I would.. But I would want $100 for it. Or make me an offer.. One of them used to run my car.. they are fine.. but no plugs..
roger
Regular

June 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Tue, 11 March 2003 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes the 18rg airflow meter will work with the 2se system, I belive the 2tgeu one is a little smaller than the 18rg. all other 18rg sensors will work with the 2se system.

Most exhaust place will weld in a nut to get the o2 sensor into, not neccessary to get the thing running though.
Roger
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Tue, 11 March 2003 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i could do with one for my car, but would only pay around $50 for one without plugs. thanks anyway pumpkin.
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Wed, 12 March 2003 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey what are the benefits/advantages of using an oxygen sensor in the exhaust? I wasnt aware that this was necessary?? but if it is i will do so in my conversion. Just dont wana go hacking into brand new extractors if i dont have to..
Is it part of the emission controls?? or is it a sstem used by the ECU?? CHEERS,

Guy
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: 18rgeu ECU, what else can I use instead Of?? Wed, 12 March 2003 21:05 Go to previous message
The oxygen sensor is there for mainly cruising and fuel economy. It plays no major effect on performance... I've run mine without the 02 sensor for 2 years without a hitch.. The problem is, these 02 sensors are not pre-heated, so you have to locate them as far up as possible to work effectively. This being very hard on extractors.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Diff Ratio Change In Ke70
Next Topic:RE: need base map for gze
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:22:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049600601196289 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.