Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
icon2.gif  Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Sat, 22 March 2003 00:18 Go to next message
Im looking for Polyurethane resin and hardener mix.
In Sydney.

Searched the yellowpages.com, under Polyurethane products. Found quite a few. But wondering if anyone has already gone thru this and could refine the suppliers.

Im looking for Shore 80 or a tad softer.
Prob need 2kgs.

Send a private message to this user    
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Sat, 22 March 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what will you be using it for???
justin
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Sat, 22 March 2003 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try Fibreglass Materials Services (or supplies) straight off the end of the M2 in seven hills.
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Sat, 22 March 2003 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juzzo84 wrote on Sat, 22 March 2003 23:16

what will you be using it for???
justin

I'll be requiring it for engine mounts.

clubagreenie wrote on Sun, 23 March 2003 10:03

Try Fibreglass Materials Services (or supplies) straight off the end of the M2 in seven hills.

Thanks man. Smile
Darkfire
Occasional Poster

January 2003

Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Mon, 24 March 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been looking for this stuff myself as despite people telling me they can get me engine mounts it never eventuates.

In an earlier post 'FWDCelica' posted this link with instructions on how to refill engine mounts - http://www.racingstrong.com/aw11/KS-mounts.asp

I am not sure about what type of urethane to use, in this article they use "80 shore A", I am guessing that a smaller number is softer?? But don't know, if you have any luck getting hold of a suitable product please drop a post, as i am going to have to go to sydney to get the stuff i'd say.....

- and even though my leather belt is good, it ain't gonna hold up the fort for too long! Freak
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Mon, 24 March 2003 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i know what u mean...

that the website ive been goin off and also ae82power one.

ive found a place, which has it. (After a dozen phone calls to various places) But they have to get back to me on it.
Keep ya posted.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 March 2003 12:03]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Mon, 24 March 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freakyeah, i am wanting to do this to the feral4. the mounts are shagged. according to all the aw11 owners that have done it in the US, dont make them too hard for street use.

also apparently 3M windo weld?? will do a good job on the mounts as well..

keep us posted on how you go man... Smile
GTI16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Tue, 25 March 2003 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have done it for my Ae92 Gti cost around the $100 mark.this price is from memory.got the gear from Hardware and General at Brookvale.Should be able to get it from the Blacktown store to. I did my front one which is common for breaking,I broke 2 in a year.It has done 3 front mounts on corollas and has nearly run out.I noticed that it made the vibrations more noticeable through to the cabin but this was expected as it is a harder material.

Good luck
Paul H
buckoc
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Thu, 14 July 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you let me know the product name that h&w have it under.
Thanks

Chris
GTI16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Thu, 14 July 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think its called devcon.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 08:33]

rxjohn
Regular

December 2003
Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Thu, 14 July 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
devcon flexane, buy it from cbc bearing shops etc, about $85, did my mounts works well, but expect vibrations thru car
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Thu, 14 July 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try experimenting with the ratio of hardener to base product. I have used the Devcon Flexane to manufacture heaps of bushes, and the ratio is critical in getting the right "Stiffness"

cheers Chuck.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Thu, 14 July 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys dont take this to heart but why dont you buy TRD mounts they have been made for your purpose already.
it seems like its just the easy way out, engine mounts is something i dont think you really want to experement with.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Thu, 14 July 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because paying $20 for a tube of devcron or sikaflex reinforces the mounts a hell of a lot better. Either that or get Noltec or someone to make up a nolethane insert.

As for the TRD mounts, they are normally too stiff for a road car, as my sprinter attests to. I certainly wouldnt want TRD mounts in my daily after driving the sprinter
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Thu, 14 July 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=74348&start=0&rid=8487&S=f4e8c745d64 a4bc676a16f9b6009cb59

cost me 13 dollars for the new mount... and shit lieing round for the inner ring worth lookin into
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Looking for Polyurethane Resin Mix Thu, 14 July 2005 14:46 Go to previous message
You were right about the numbers and the hardness.
I just had a look at some of the samples I've got here.

83 shore A is reasonably hard but should have significantly more cushioning effect than anything harder. It has quite high rebound properties. 80 and anything harder will be a higher rebound "TDI" compound most likely. (Please don't ask me what TDI means)
Anything softer than 80A is usually a slightly deader (less rebound)MDI compound. (Please don't ask me what MDI means either)

Both TDI and MDI should be cooked after they're cast, that helps with the curing process.

I don't reckon I'd go any softer than about a 75A. That would be quite floppy.
Somwhere between 75 and 83 should be quite good I would think.

ERA polymers make the stuff, I think they're based in the eastern states somewhere but I don't think they like selling it to the average person.

I'm sure the stuff from the hardware store is a little simpler to work with and probably isn't a high rebound compound, but I've never played with it, so I wouldn't know for sure.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18R-GEU problem
Next Topic:tvis?????????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:47:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053699016571045 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.