Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thefastj
Regular

January 2003
manually wiring a 1uz Sun, 27 April 2003 14:32 Go to next message
okay, i've gotten the engine/tranny out of my Crown half-cut...did this by unplugging everything to the engine, so the loom is still sitting in the shell of the half-cut.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/aaron83/emhc/clubcars/Aaron/April23_Crown_int.jpg

my question....to some1 that has heopfully done this vefore...you see the whole bunch of wires that goes over to the drivers side...apart from the ignition, do i need much more of that part of the loom??
there is a little fuse box over there, i will prob need this yeah?
also with all the wiring for the electronic dash that was in it...has anyone got diagrams on what wire is for what for when i hook up gauges???

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: manually wiring a 1uz Sun, 27 April 2003 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd suggest you possibly getting an autoelectrician to wire it up for you.
Cost about $500? and atleast you'll know everything is done properly(well in theory)

....but i suppose you'll never learn unless you do it yourself
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: manually wiring a 1uz Sun, 27 April 2003 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do not try it if you don't know what your doing. If you give it a go you are bound to make a mistake somewhere. If you do not understand auto electrics then how are you going to diagnois what you done wrong? Get what I'm saying, its just not worth the time, frustration, and the quality of the job will be much better(if you take it to some one reputable).
thefastj
Regular

January 2003
Re: manually wiring a 1uz Mon, 28 April 2003 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, most ppl say to get an auto elec to do it....just thought i'd see if it was possible to do it myself...$500 is a LOT of money (for me anyway!!) Very Happy

well in that case, does anyone know of a GOOD auto elec that knows the 1UZ (Crown) wiring that is willing to come to my house in the eastern suburbs of Melb??
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: manually wiring a 1uz Mon, 28 April 2003 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I managed to get our one going the other day, and was amazed at how easy it was to get started wiring wise. If you like I can show you the vital wires where power's gotta go.
Wattsie
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: manually wiring a 1uz Tue, 29 April 2003 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howdy.
I'm planning an RA28 coversion to 1UZ and am compiling ANY info I can find about it.
Could you please post the wiring info you've gleaned through your project mate?
Ta,
Mike
thefastj
Regular

January 2003
Re: manually wiring a 1uz Tue, 29 April 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my main probs are just figuring out all the relays/fuses.
i not going to be using half of them!!

Wattsie - there's no point getting the wiring unless you know for sure what type of car the engine will be out of, as they are all wired differently.

the Crown uses 2 ECU's (one for engine and one for gearbox)whereas the Soarers and most others only use the one ECU, so you've gotta know what the engine is out of and stuff..
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: manually wiring a 1uz Tue, 29 April 2003 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I come over to grab those brakes I'll point out the good stuff if you like - also I can probably put you onto someone to do the wiring, if you don't want to do it yourself when you realise how simple it is Very Happy

My suggestion would be not to worry about the standard relay/fuse box, I'm not going to use it, you only need a couple of fuses/relays (EFI, pump, ECU permanent power) to do the job, so there's no need for that ugly mongrel thing with stuff in it for heated seats etc. is there?
thefastj
Regular

January 2003
Re: manually wiring a 1uz Tue, 29 April 2003 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrShin - yeah when ya come over i might get you to have a quick look at it! and maybe get a name of a good auto elec just in case! Very Happy

this is prolly a STUPID question but i'm gonna ask...u see in the pic above that the loom is pretty much everywhere with plastic covers/plugs/fuse boxes on it on both ends...
how do i manage to get the whole loom out of the car??
as it all goes thru a little hole and the fuse boxes and stuff don't fit thru.. Confused

so far we've had one idea...."angle grinder"!! Laughing
is there an easier way??

we haven't taken all the fuses etc off just in case we stuff it up!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: manually wiring a 1uz Tue, 29 April 2003 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Follow the fat looking wire snake that comes from the passenger side of the engine, it should go through the firewall and to the fusebox. Undo the nuts on the grommet/firewall, undo the plugs that go to the ECU, undo the plugs that fo to the fuse/relay box, and there should be 3 other ones to undo, one of which has a blue plug. Undo them, and you should be able to separate things.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: manually wiring a 1uz Tue, 29 April 2003 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i do alot of wiring on japanese import engines

unfortunately im in sydney

but if u get stuck ill do it for a certain price and ill fly down there ive never been to melbourne so i could do with a holiday

thats everything like temp oil alternater
theres always afew things u dont take into account
and i will hook up to yr cars plugs

ive never done a 1uz but its no different to an other 1jz

anyway email me on sideshow10@optusnet.com.au
if u r interested

as i said b4 i do this for a livin ive down many 20v 4agze
1jz rb20 rb30 rb26 etc
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: manually wiring a 1uz Tue, 29 April 2003 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do not go cutting the loom to get it out! You will find that there are certain wires in there that are sheilded and it is best to keep them intact. For example the wires from the igniter to the ecu are usually sheilded.
nzsimon
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: manually wiring a 1uz Thu, 01 May 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pull the fuse box to bits and you will find that the great big snake unplugs and you can ppull it through the fire wall
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: manually wiring a 1uz Thu, 01 May 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow... if only I'd known you were around a week ago, I'd have grabbed you to give me a hand wiring up my 1jz Razz
ah well, time's past.
anybody heard anything about the guys at croydon auto? apparently they have 1jz experience, microtech experience, and a dyno.. which is exactly what I want
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: manually wiring a 1uz Fri, 02 May 2003 09:10 Go to previous message
croydon r ok
main guy there is called jim

r u putting a microtech into yr 1jz?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ Firing order
Next Topic:1jz coolant hoses