Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Tue, 10 June 2003 22:39 Go to next message
Freakhas anyone here had personal experience with the MTX-8 on their 4agze or 4agte??
i need to know if they are relatively easy to install, what other/extra costs could be involved in fitting one?
how hard is it for a mechanic or someone to tune?

i see that they are worth about $1095 for the fuel/ignition computer and $200 for the handset.. does that sound correct??

thank's.. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Tue, 10 June 2003 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ecu alone is 1095 then 200 for the coils and 175 for the handset 100 for the laptop adaptor,

they are easy as to install, and work a treat on the 4ag series motor, i have fitted 4 or so to 4age's and they respond very very well to them

Dale
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Wed, 11 June 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may I recommend an "LTX" version ... laptop tuning it yourself is priceless.

*very* easy to install.. takes about a day.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Wed, 11 June 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All ecu's now are LTX series,
the MT series hasnt been made for around a year now.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Wed, 11 June 2003 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
makes sense

grab a second hand one if you can.. I got an ltx12 for $1000
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Wed, 11 June 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a good price for a LTX12, retail on them is $1495,

feral4mr2
if you want to get a new LTX8 i can do you one for $1495 with ecu, loom, coils, handset and laptop adaptor,
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Wed, 11 June 2003 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freakit's not for me (i wish it was!!)
i know he has a budget of $1500. so i'll let him know he can get basically the whole set-up for that much.
he is very keen to get one, as he doesnt have a ECU at all for his project.

10sec_rx7,
where are you located? doh! i didnt see sydney before i went to the reply screen.. Laughing
would there be anything else needed other than what you have listed there to actually get the 4agte running? (it is a 4agze with the 4age inlet manifold etc..)

thanks for your replies. Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 11 June 2003 05:09]

10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Wed, 11 June 2003 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All he will need is a set of custom leads (approx $80-100)
Im located in sydney,

the only thing he will need to know is what dizzy the car is running as they are all different, you cant use a 86kw dizzy with direct fire with out mods (removing 3 of the teeth on the top wheel), the 100kw dizzy will be fine as are the 20v and GZE dizzys,

Dale
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Wed, 11 June 2003 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my ltx12 loom cost me $150 from microtech. Your may be cheaper though, remembering I have 2 extra cylinders, plus sequential fire (which the mtx8 doesn't .. which means less leads for the loom-makers to put in)
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Wed, 11 June 2003 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freakok, a set of custom leads.. you wouldnt happen to know the length and type of ends he would need? (dont need the factory shaft type ones, can get away with-out them) as i could probably just get them through work.. (which would be cheaper).

he got a 4agze to replace his blown-up 4age turbo, i think it was a complete motor so the ze dizzy should be there.
what about AFM or MAP sensor? any of that stuff needed? or does the Microtech take care of all that?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Wed, 11 June 2003 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the microtech runs off all the standard engine equipment.

the easiest thing to do is buy the loom from them. you'll need the microtech plugs anyhow, and you just tell them your engine and they make it up for you accordingly.
I dont think it'd be worth the effort of trying to make the loom yourself.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Wed, 11 June 2003 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the microtech comes with the loom, you dont have to make one,

As for the leads, top gun or magnacore make leads to suit the 4age's if your running coil packs the standard leads might not be long enough!

the MAF and MAP sensor can go in the bin, the microtech uses TPS and its own MAP sensor to do everything.

Dale
turbocamry
Regular

June 2003

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Mon, 16 June 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can get a MTX8 with wiring and handset for $350 all up off a cussin how they go on a 3SGTE?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Mon, 16 June 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$350??!

buy it!
even if you decide not to install it, you can still sell it for more than that.
just remmeber you'll have to get the 3s-gte tuning disk thingy off microtech so it'll run, and if it's been used in a car before then chances are you'll need a new loom, 'cause the current one will have been chopped at all the wrong palces
turbocamry
Regular

June 2003

Re: Microtech MTX-8 with 4agze/te... Mon, 16 June 2003 09:46 Go to previous message
yeah sweet its out of a rx7 turbo
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Engine Specs NEEDED!
Next Topic:Air CON problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:44:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056159496307373 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.