Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 23 June 2003 04:11 Go to next message
Well, I've decided I may as well put pics of my project car from when I first got her, although shes far removed from this now! Very Happy

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/xx/front2.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/xx/front_quarter2.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/xx/rear1.jpg

This is the specs for when everything is completed, a lot of it I have already but have no time to finish it Sad

Engine:
1GGTEU - 2l twin-turbo inline six cylinder from GA70 Supra
Factory ECU
Blitz Avante Guarde (BAG) turbos - high-flowed CT12's
450x300x76mm "Hybrid-Clone" Intercooler with 2" stainless IC piping
Jaycar Electronic Boost Controller with Autronic Boost Control Solenoid
3" dump and high-flow cat through to 2.5" cat-back with 2.5" stainless muffler
Pod Filter with Cold-Air induction setup, separated from bay
Detailed engine with wrinkle-painted cam covers and heat-painted pipes and heat shields
Power steering cooler (Commodore ATF cooler)

Driveline:
W58 Supra 5-speed
Heavy Duty clutch
F313 3.9 F-series Truetrac LSD

Interior:
Black interior panels
Re-trimmed roof lining
Re-trimmed door panels
Re-trimmed rear seats
Re-trimmed and re-bolstered factory seats
350mm MOMO wheel (from 1987!) on Autotechnica Boss
Nissan Silvia space-saver spare

Exterior:
Whole car sprayed in POR15 paint
Brilliant White 2 pack paint
Bump strips removed
All rust removed
Clear Subaru Impreza indicators

Wheels/Brakes:
Buddy Club P1 rims 16x7.5" +32mm offset fronts, +12mm offset rears - Titanium Silver
225/50R16 Bridgestone Potenza G3 tyres front and rear
280mm slotted R32 Skyline rotors
4-piston R32 calipers
EBC Greenstuff pads
MA61 vented rear discs with single-piston calipers

To Come:
Microtech ECU
7MGTE injectors
Air-Conditioning
New Steering Wheel

Any comments or feedback would be great.

Thanks,
Nathan

[Updated on: Sat, 06 August 2005 05:27]

Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supra spoilers... Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"How about...Scotty don't?" Very Happy

I'm not really a big fan of them, my car is a lot different to pretty much every Supra I've seen, which is part of the reason I like it. Aside from that, whats the point of putting something on the car which does nothing but increase drag? No No No
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drag is your friend Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bit of downforce would probably be okay, but drag for the sake of drag is just silly Smile

I *may* look at a spoiler setup later, but there is no way in hell it'll be a Supra one Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget the supra flares.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Compensating for something are we Glen?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where's my V12 Cool
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V12?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My big car compensates Shocked
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3" of fury? That was about right huh?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About as correct as your caliper modification yielding unforseen performance advantages. Embarassed

Anyways, nice car dudet, time for you to get finished and drive over to the eastside and chill in yo toymods crib.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 June 2003 11:40]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 23 June 2003 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not going to increase performance (did I say that? No No No), if I wasn't fixing the aesthetics of the car also I wouldn't bother spraying it or detailing the engine now would I? Twisted Evil

Anyway, thanks for the edit dude Very Happy She'll be coming along, never know, get the $ one day, truck it over as not to subject it to so many km's Razz

And constructive feedback? From anyone? Besides you... Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 23 June 2003 11:43]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Sat, 28 June 2003 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
POS
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Sun, 29 June 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Sun, 29 June 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't get me started on you "Mr Dorifto"... Rolling Eyes
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 03 July 2003 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The MA6x wing actually creates lift. The only one that doesn't is the 2-tiered '85 one (smaller one at top, and body coloured lower lip) and I don't think we ever got that here anyway.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 03 July 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, we did get it in the end. Mate with an MA61 has got them.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 03 July 2003 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not for downforce dudes, its a splitter: it separates the air travelling over the roof and down the back window, so as to reduce the large turbulant low pressure region behind the car...

i doubt it would produce any real uporce at all! the amount of air travelling under it would be bugger all in terms of establishing any direct pressure differential!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 03 July 2003 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, thats a glorified name for that, its not even that. Its a sunshade, and thats Toyota's opinion of it Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Thu, 03 July 2003 23:28]

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 10 July 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think JCMF has a serious case of sunshade envy
*strokes his sunshade...then strokes his bottom rear spoiler....then strokes his pe......*

on a serious note
Its a bitch i wont be here for the finished product...well chances are i'll be back for a visit christmas 2004
and if its not finished by then...well lets just say i'll kick you in the arse so hard you'll be coughing up bits of my shoe for a week Smile

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/IDkNP99VL29D1pGR9NEvCWuyvvD2ymLetaXuNbumKmCke-UGqaS9hss5uZOVsfmrxVD3hwVrc9v79BRM9iF-rrdEMGQ/supra6sm.jpg

I've asked this question a few times, is that spoiler factory? Or do you think somones smacked it on after?
The colour matches the body really well, so i am thinking factory....then again i've never seen another aus spec supra with a factory lower rear spoiler like that

sorry to highjack the thread Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 10 July 2003 10:09]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Fri, 11 July 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IT'll be hauling arse WELL before XMAS 2004...damn, I'd go insane if it took that long!

As far as I know, the late model Supras may have come with that wing.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Fri, 15 August 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There hasn't been too much more constructive feedback... has there? Cool

Christmas 2004 is just around the corner Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Fri, 15 August 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see you're feeling better and you've regained your sarcasm!

Seriously though, almost got all the bits for the compressor, need a solid day to strip it back and spray the rust paint. Lined someone up to spray it for free (yay!) so I'll just have to buy the paint for it.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Fri, 15 August 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jcmf - seen a few xx's while over here in NZ - all compared to yours look shithouse !

i hope you make hera monster!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Fri, 15 August 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks dude. I've seen a few in Perth when I was looking around for one. Mine was probably middle of the road when it came to condition when I first picked her up. Now 99% of the rust I've found on the car (and the car is pretty well stripped) has been removed, and the last little bits are going to be touched up before the pearl white goes on. Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Wed, 27 August 2003 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought I should finally put up some pics of how sorry the old girl looks now. She'll be fully stripped as of tonight (fingers crossed), but I've almost got the engine bay spotless and a couple of the rust spots just need touching up. Fingers crossed.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/xx/26082003 01.jpg

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/xx/26082003 02.jpg

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/xx/26082003 03.jpg

Note the lovely stripped paint under the clutch master cylinder and the great...solid...rear discs Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 12 July 2004 06:22]

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Wed, 27 August 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice. Whats a rough ETA on completion?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Wed, 27 August 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We want it done by October 22nd Very Happy Seriously though, I'm getting to the stage where I've had it with the body, the majority of the hard work has been done, but I'm still sanding it.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 28 August 2003 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Heya JCMF,

Nice work!

Did you use anything special to clean the engine bay? I'm doing mine on Saturday. If no better idaes, I'll just use the spray crap, kero,brushes & rags.

- Justin
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 28 August 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to Auto Body supplies in Osborne Park. Go buy a bottle of Marine Clean...dilute it two to one with boiling water, spray it on with a cheapo bottle from WA Salvage Smile Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then wipe it off. Make sure you spray more water and wipe that off too.

I used a few different detergents for it, and nothing came close to getting it as clean as this did!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Sat, 30 August 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet man, let us know how it goes. im planning on the 1g-gte conversion for my ra60 so it will be good to hear about your XX. (my celica has his own thread somewhere around here)
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Tue, 09 September 2003 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are we there yet? Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Tue, 09 September 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is your car wired up yet? I bought the paint stripper today, I've had enough sanding back stuff Smile
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 18 September 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must admit your car does a tad naked without the spoiler/sunshade on the back, makes me feel kind of naughty Laughing

how do you think a MA61 would look without the shade and with a not too overthetop GT wing?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 18 September 2003 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha. I dunno, it'd really depend on how you look at it. You get used to not having the shade, I actaully prefer it now.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Fri, 19 September 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nekkid = yes
wired = yes
rego'd = T minus 10hrs and counting Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 29 September 2003 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its uni holidays, get out from infront of your computer and go and work on the car!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 29 September 2003 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doing an assignment while I eat brekkie. I'm going shortly Twisted Evil
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 29 September 2003 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Nathan do you still have that other XX body laying around?? i may scab some bits off you.. I have to try and keep my car up to your standards! Razz
Oh well - at least I'm enjoying driving mine around for now.

ahh.. also - do DBA make slotted rotors for our cars??! I may need to upgrade soon aswell..

Cheers
DAMO
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 29 September 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this will sound silly, but what exactly is the difference between an XX and an ma61 supra??? i know the supras were called XXs in japan....but....yeah?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 29 September 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, the easiest way to explain it is this.
The Supra was known as the Celica XX in Japan. None of them had flares. They came in GA61 (1GGEU and 1GEU), MA61 (5MGEU) and MA63 (MTEU). There was no standard LSD as it would seem, as some have them and some don't. They sometimes came with climate control and sometimes didn't. They were a lot more varied than the Australian ones.

The Australian Supra (MA61) came with the awe-inspiring 5ME...which is why there are so many running around the engine swaps. They all came with flares, they all had LSD and climate control.

Damo,
I haven't had an XX shell for a while, we had a Euro-Spec Supra (Evil, think more MA61 XX Razz ) but the shell is gone. We kept some stuff, what exactly were you after?

DBA do indeed make slotted rotors for our car. Norbie uses them with EBC Greenstuff on the front and standard rotors (although your rears may be solid) with EBC Blackstuff (?) for the rear.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 29 September 2003 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhhhhhh i see. thanks jcmf Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Mon, 29 September 2003 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any time
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Tue, 30 September 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And of course we all know that flares on an MA61 dominate the subtle lines of the GA61. Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Tue, 30 September 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And we all know what the flares are for Mr Tiny...
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Tue, 30 September 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh nathan - I knew you would leap at the chance to outline the specs of the Celica XX (or Supra in my case! hehehe) Razz

BTW I'm chasing the front nose panel (that little bit at the front of the car that the XX badge is normally on). Some @#$% reversed into my car with a tow ball and its had a dent there since I've had it... but its the only flaw on the body so I really wanna get rid of it!!

Or anyone else have the above mentioned panel they don't need - drop me a line and let me know!!

Cheers
DAMO
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Tue, 30 September 2003 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, I may indeed have that piece for your Celica XX 2000GT. It currently has a Supra badge and is black though, so you'll need to swap your badge onto it.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Wed, 01 October 2003 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent news!
What sort of condition is it in... I can remember if I checked it out or not when I was gonna buy it?! too long ago! hehe
And what sorta price are you asking for it if you were to offload it??

Cheers
Damo
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Wed, 01 October 2003 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At least MR TINY has a car that operates (above 90kw Razz)

Don't worry.....you have 21days Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 02 October 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Above 90kW...the RA60 doesn't even operate above 70kW Wink

The damn thing is nearly ready to spray, I've got all this bullshit uni stuff to do now... Sad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 02 October 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'm not the best at pricing Supra bits...so how about you make an offer Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 30 October 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geeez, you must be almost 100% complete now!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Thu, 30 October 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, sure is Smile Nup, I've got less than 2 weeks before I finish exams then I only have a bullshit presentation at the end of exam week.

Going to try and wangle myself a day off from study next week to at least spray the POR15. Fingers crossed Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Wed, 05 November 2003 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woohoo! Managed to wangle a day Smile
The whole car received 2 coats of POR15 rust paint, now the chance of it rusting away on me is slim to none! Yay! Heres hoping I didn't f**k anything up Smile

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/xx/04112003%20015.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/xx/04112003%20014.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/xx/04112003%20013.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/xx/04112003%20012.jpg
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Wed, 05 November 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bout time ya did something! Twisted Evil
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Wed, 05 November 2003 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uni has been shit. But yes, it was about time, glad it was something big too, makes it feel like I'm getting somewhere!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Wed, 05 November 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooh yes, its very niceu Evil or Very Mad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Fri, 09 January 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So this should be finished about now hey? Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX 2000G Fri, 09 January 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shit yeah, you should see it! Smile
Pages (6): [1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior
Next Topic:Wilbo's JZA61
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:53:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010576009750366 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.