Toymods » The Outhouse » technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 02:35 Go to next message
The Viper-powered Dodge Tomahawk concept vehicle shatters all the barriers of conventional thinking about personal transportation. This four-wheel, single-passenger vehicle is a sleek, rolling sculpture that combines art-deco styling with extreme engineering. The 500-horsepower Viper V-10 engine powering the dual rear wheels gives this radical vehicle a potential top speed of nearly 400 miles per hour - for anyone who wants to test it. The Tomahawk roared into public view at the North American International Auto Show.

Initial reaction to the concept vehicle typically comes in two words: 'Wow' and 'why.' The 'wow' is easy to understand from Dodge, the brand that continues to drive its foot to the floor - most recently with the all-new 2003 Viper, Heavy Duty and Light Duty Rams and an SRT lineup dedicated to engineering the most powerful production vehicles in their segments. But 'why' would a company, famous for its innovative car and truck designs, go down this particular path?

The Dodge Tomahawk is a Chrysler Group design concept that is as much a Viper-powered work of art as it is a whole new type of vehicle invention. It is both a sculpture that can be ridden, as well as a bold statement about the Chrysler Group's enthusiast culture and passion for design.

http://sprinter.qnix.com.au/images/tomahawk.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tron
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always wondered how the steering would go on one of these things... Smile
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wholly testicle tuesday Shocked
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

hmmmm... 500hp of suicidal goodness Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was gonna say
most bikes are organ donors

that thing wouldn't leave with any organs left to donate.

a v10 on a bike?!
I'll take a hayabusa of ducatti any day
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for anyone whos ridden a motorbike, picture going around a corner in that,

it dosent have a very stable base and looks like if you tried ot go to fast around a corner (which you would in a v10) it would tip over,

and imagine trying to pick up a v10 that had fallen on its side, apart from the bone breaking factor
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look at the layout

it's a pre-built drag bike, nothing more
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah u couldnt / wouldnt do any more than straight line work with that setup

but man the straight line work would be fun

any 0-100 times ? 1/4 mile times ?

Ta
Mani
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"The Dodge Tomahawk is a Chrysler Group design concept that is as much a Viper-powered work of art as it is a whole new type of vehicle invention. It is both a sculpture that can be ridden, as well as a bold statement about the Chrysler Group's enthusiast culture and passion for design."

well in that case they invented the vehicle that cant turn
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked HOLY FARK Shocked Shocked Shocked !!!

The brakes on that thing look awesome...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Tue, 08 July 2003 12:39

I always wondered how the steering would go on one of these things... Smile

probably left and right rob! thats how steering usually goes ! Laughing Laughing Laughing ahh fuggit - im off to bed before i laugh myself stoopid again !
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Tue, 08 July 2003 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmmm, I wonder if I could fit that engine into my seca
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Wed, 09 July 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forget quarter mile times, how do you get traction in that thing?? dont vipers have like two 10" wheels
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Wed, 09 July 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
baggs first ride can i do a speed check>?
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Mon, 14 July 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How crap scared would the rider be. Just a millimetre pedal difference between sfae cruising and potential death! And at 400mph top speed, you wouldn't be using alot of the speed dial Smile
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: technically it's not a car, so I'll post it here Mon, 14 July 2003 11:49 Go to previous message
damn it would be loud.. you'd need earplugs under your helmut
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:your car got balls?
Next Topic:Table tennis match
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 13:01:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069339275360107 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.