Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

WTB: Supra Tue, 08 July 2003 03:22 Go to next message
Hey guys. Just looking for some advice. I am looking at buying a Supra. Not the "new" model, but probably the '89 model. I would rather the 2.5L twin turbo version. Do you recommend importing these from Japan? If so, where is a good place to go? Or would it be better to wait until one appears on the market here in Aussie land?

Thanks for the help.
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WTB: Supra Tue, 08 July 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they aren't aust delivered cars, so over here you'd have to go through a dealer.

generally, jza70 supras in japan are in pretty good order. they were too expensive to be bought as drift cars, and almost every one I've seen get imported has been in gret condition (as far as jhap inports go)
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: WTB: Supra Wed, 09 July 2003 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Flipping through the Sunday Times in Perth, there seem to be a LOT of JZ converted MA-71s around town. A lot at scarily good prices (makes me wonder why I'm sinking so much money into my MA-61 conversion). Some, no doubt, are bodgy non-engineered jobs - but there's probably a gem in there somewhere.

- Justin
DLuded
Regular

June 2003
Re: WTB: Supra Wed, 09 July 2003 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/au/stock/

i know HEAPS of people who have order cars from Jeff on this site. join the mailing list and he send you a few cars a weeks and info on them. also im not 100% sure but i think u might have to wait till jan next year to import under the 15 year rule. like i said i may be wrong but i know other 89 models like skylines have to wait till jan next year
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: Supra Wed, 09 July 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also try www.kobecars.com look under stock

I know someone in adelaide who has one of these for sale too. Got bilstien shocks, trd clutch a few other nice things. PM me and I'll PM you back contact details if iterested.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 July 2003 06:08]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTB: Supra Wed, 09 July 2003 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah. Thanks for the help guys. I'll look into it.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTB: Supra Wed, 09 July 2003 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do have a question though. People already have them here. But if they are all import cars, and are not eligible until next year, how come they are here??? Is there still come way you can get them???
DLuded
Regular

June 2003
Re: WTB: Supra Wed, 09 July 2003 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think people bought them B4 the 15 year rule came into place not long ago. however, if the government wants to they can be dicks and change the 15 year rule whenevr they want, because next januarary A LOT of 1989 japanese cars will be imported to Australia and flood the market. If they want the can simply scrap this rule. i HOPE they dont. This will make many people extremely unhappy especially those who have already bought the cars and cant inmport them.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTB: Supra Wed, 09 July 2003 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah i see. Ok then. It would be nice if this Adelaide one was good then. Smile
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WTB: Supra Fri, 11 July 2003 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trust me goto autotrader.com.au lookin WA, i had mine shipped from WA to Mildy, price? 14.5 was on sale for 16.8 its HKS stage one or two tuned (unconfurmed yet) black, leather, sunroof and bodykit, bloody cheep! 'sept i blew the dif the 2nd day i had it! Sad too powerful for its own good! Laughing

Good luck!

PS i saw a dark blue JZA70 over there for 15 might be worth a look, at a dealers too.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTB: Supra Sun, 13 July 2003 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kewl mate. Will check it out. Thanks for that.
ma70king
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: WTB: Supra Mon, 14 July 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you considered a Aust delivered 7MGTE 1989 model and converting to 1JZGTE ... I have an immaculate Aero-top 4 sale urgently for $9,500 with reg and RWC see under "MA70 Turbo for sale" or phone 0418 313745 Alan

Attachment: Mvc-012f.jpg
(Size: 82.44KB, Downloaded 40 time(s))

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTB: Supra Mon, 14 July 2003 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm. And where do you live???
ma70king
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: WTB: Supra Mon, 14 July 2003 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melbourne, Victoria.
ma61_turbo
Regular

June 2002

Re: WTB: Supra Sun, 27 July 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DLuded wrote on Thu, 10 July 2003 09:03

i think people bought them B4 the 15 year rule came into place not long ago. however, if the government wants to they can be dicks and change the 15 year rule whenevr they want, because next januarary A LOT of 1989 japanese cars will be imported to Australia and flood the market. If they want the can simply scrap this rule. i HOPE they dont. This will make many people extremely unhappy especially those who have already bought the cars and cant inmport them.

The 15 year rule has been around for quite a while. The jza70's were actually eligible for import under the old system. I think there were only two compliance holders, both in WA. Melville auto(i think) in Perth used to import them. A friend of mine got an import ma70 through these guys late last year and at that time they had just, or were about to get their last batch of jza70s complianced.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WTB: Supra Sun, 27 July 2003 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they were elligible under the old scheme, 'cause they had a different engine. now they're not, 'cause the chassis is the same as the ma7x (which is why you have to wait for the 15 year rule to apply).

if the govt wants to stop so many people importing jap sports cars, they should damn well arrange for some of them to be sold here!!!

do we get the TT mkIV supra? any decent cars? NO! that's why we go overseas, and if they stop the 15 year rule, then only the rich will be able to afford the euro imports (porsche, ferrari, lambo etc).

which I know would suit the govt just fine, but piss the hell out of me and a lot of younger/not so rich motoring enthusiasts.

</rant>
Sam99
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: WTB: Supra Fri, 01 August 2003 05:59 Go to previous message
There are heaps of twin turbos here in Perth because Melville Auto Imports and another company used to import them before the rule changes. There were 3 in last Sunday's Sunday Times. Ranged from $12K for a 92 (possibly an auto), $14K for a 105,000km one that needs 'some bodywork' (whatever that means), to $14.9K for a Type R manual (Bilstein suspension, Recaro seats).
There are also lots of import 7MGTE supras. I don't know how they got through because even under the old system they shouldn't have been eligible. They are usually advertised at around $9K to $13K.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:mint ae82 for sale
Next Topic:FS: 20V AE92....pics up
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:32:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053019523620605 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.