Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
RA28 idler arm Wed, 09 July 2003 06:56 Go to next message
G'day all.

I am trying to source a new steering idler arm and have had no luck with Toyota and Auto-one. Anyone have a suggestion on where I can get a new one.
  Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: RA28 idler arm Wed, 09 July 2003 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rare spares?
Ask a suspension shop if they can get you one?
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 idler arm Wed, 09 July 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i purchased one of these new about 12 months ago.
It was through a chain of stores here in SA called 'SPRINT AUTO PARTS'.
Not sure if they have this chain in eastern states, but they were able to get me one in under a day. It was around $100.

It may have been for a TA23/8 or something similar but they were able to help me out and find the correct item for my model.

Didnt think it would have been so hard to find one... mine wasnt genuine either.

strange toyota dont stock these parts genuine
Privateer
Newcomer

May 2002
Re: RA28 idler arm Wed, 09 July 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried Peps?

I don't know if the 28 is the same as the 23 but about this time last year i got mine from them. The brand was called Three Five, 555. Cost somewhere around $150. Sad They also stocked a cheaper brand but after I order it, they rang back saying that that brand is no longer made. Sad

Might have to ring around a few stores. There are two Peps near my place in Newy. One is great, the other leaves a lot to be desired, i.e. "sorry, no one makes them anymore." Just happens that I rang the other store earlier and they said "no worries mate we can get them for you, which brand do you want?" Needless to say which one gets my money from now on.
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA28 idler arm Wed, 09 July 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also ra40 is the same
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA28 idler arm Wed, 09 July 2003 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will try a little more today. I would have thought Toyota would still stock them, I am guessing that it was too much effort to find what I wanted on the microfisch.

I will try some of the other parts places around. There is a Peps up the road from me, but every time I go there I get the "nah sorry mate, don't stock that" so I didn't bother this time with something like an RA28 idler arm.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 idler arm Wed, 09 July 2003 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had trouble getting one also. Ended up getting mine rebuilt by a company at Brookvale. It was only $70 or so and they did a good job of it. New bushings inside it and also a new ball joint.

Cheers
Joel
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 idler arm Wed, 09 July 2003 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should have mentioned.. Be careful of Repco's idler arms! They stock them for the RA28, but they don't fit! I tried numerous ones and the bolt holes are spaced wrong. If you do get one from them, make sure you measure yours up first because its just a pain in the arse buying it and getting it home to find out it doesn't fit.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA28 idler arm Thu, 10 July 2003 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Joel, I was just about to call them.

I will check that this afternoon
tempest
Regular

April 2003
Re: RA28 idler arm Thu, 10 July 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try celica spares in wetherill park or the Celica shop on:0738070600
JOEL:was that Turner Driveshafts where u got your idler arm rebuilt?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 idler arm Thu, 10 July 2003 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I think it was.. I remember you go down that big hill, come to a 4 way intersection which you kinda go straight ahead then you go a block or 2 and turn right and its in that street..

Haha that has to be the most vague post ever!
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA28 idler arm Thu, 10 July 2003 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i managed to source one through an AutoPro shop. They had a little trouble finding one but managed to get it for me. I pick it up this afternoon. I will take your advice Joel and measure it before I leave the shop.

Thanks for your help fellas
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA28 idler arm Sun, 13 July 2003 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugger Mad

Well the idler arm that came from Autopro don't fit Mad .

I measured up the arm length of the old one and checked the length of the new one and they were the same. I should have checked the bolt pattern for the mount though. Oh well at least I got the Pitman arm on and the car is a lot better to drive now. It can still be improved upon though.

I looked up the details of that place that reconditions them in Brookvale. If I can't get hold of a new one, I will go down that path.
tempest
Regular

April 2003
Re: RA28 idler arm Wed, 16 July 2003 03:43 Go to previous message
i used to work at turner driveshafts a while back as a warehouse manager,the place seems a bit dodgy but the guys who do the reconditioning have been doing it for years so i know they will do a good job...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gauges
Next Topic:Old School TouringCars
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:53:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052711963653564 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.