Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1jz-ae86
Occasional Poster

July 2003

1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 01:12 Go to next message
I saw on the toymods site that it said I can put a 1jz-gte into my ae86. Does anybody know what kind of mods i will need to make in order to fit the engine? If its just cutting into the firewall, thats not a problem, but I NEED HELP!
  Send a private message to this user    
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you want to turn around corners??
Does a car with 80:20 weight distribution tickle your fancy??

OK OK probably a little over the top there with the second one but.... as TONY SOPRANO would say....

FOGEHRABOUIT!!

And remember the famous words from Tsuchiya (my fav JAP driver) while he ws whooping the SHEEEZY out of a 34GTR down the GUNSAI TOUGE in a 4A-GE TRUENO......
"It ain't just the power dude........its all about balance!"
seeks
Regular

September 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as i know, even if you do get it in there, you wont be able to get your car registered, well, not in NSW anyway. Dont think they like you changing a non-efi 1.6 (standard) into a forced 2.5 Smile I think about the biggest you can go is a 2 litre turbo ? is that right all ?

So maybe bung a nice late model 3sgte into it.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I saw this conversion done on a japanese website.. But the ae86 was a full on drag car and nothing else.. designed onto for straight line work i'd say!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some bloke at the pub told me you can put a 1GZ-FE in a scooter. Does anyone know what mods I will need to fit the engine? Rolling Eyes
need_boost
Regular

July 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 21 July 2003 11:59

Some bloke at the pub told me you can put a 1GZ-FE in a scooter. Does anyone know what mods I will need to fit the engine? Rolling Eyes

cable ties?
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

cable ties?[/quote]

That's friggin gold Laughing

Best use I've seen is r33 GTR front end being held together with 8 of the little buggers Razz

CABLE TIES...
What can't they do?!

(Did i mention that the car was in the NT at the time, testing their 'speed limit') Shocked
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and as for the 1J into AE idea

<old man voice> That's a very shinny arrow me boy, but
why use led for the tip?
</old man voice>
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really? Tell you what. You procure a 1GZ, and I'll have a crack at getting it in a scooter...As long as I can keep it if it doesn't work! Laughing
1jz-ae86
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its amazing how people get off topic eh? hahahah. So tell me something, what would be the best engine to get so that i can turn, be able to turbo it in the future, and get the most power from? basically, wuts the smartest engine to get for the ae86. Btw, here in the states we have 3000cc supra twin turbo cars, defying what seeks said earlier. Thx for all the help guys.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easiest would be a 4AGE. If you're into a more exxy proposition, the 3S series of motors might be good too.....no idea how available these engines are in the USA.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST205 3S-GTE Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Mon, 21 July 2003 15:05

ST205 3S-GTE Smile

Like this one?:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~shanej/News/P0001929.JPG

Very Happy
1jz-ae86
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about the 3s-gte st185?
what's the difference between the two?
is it difficult to install into an ae86?
around what would the weight distribution end up being?
i would rather go with the 3s-gte because there are a few things that i have heard about the 4a-ge that i do not like, so that one is outa the question.

if i get the st185 or st205, can i use the tranny that it comes with? isnt it a awd tranny? if not, what tranny should i get for my ae86(rwd)

[Updated on: Mon, 21 July 2003 05:33]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll need a W55/7/8 tranny for it. A bellhousing from a 2S engine, also a sump and pickup will come in handy.

2S engine mounts will get you started but will need fabrication done.

Also need a custom plenum or modify yours, probably same goes for turbo manifold.

ST205 is slightly stronger and has a better head (no tvis), thats my understanding anyway..

I'm currently building an ST185 for my RA28 Celica.. Only went that path as couldn't afford ST205 engine.

Cheers
Joel
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2S sump and pickup wont fit the 205. Also you will need to fit the 185 oil pump to the 205 block for it to work.
Trust me I have just found this out Sad
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1jz-ae86 wrote on Mon, 21 July 2003 14:43

Btw, here in the states we have 3000cc supra twin turbo cars, defying what seeks said earlier.

Ummmm... Rolling Eyes

We also have 3000cc supra twin turbos, just like they came from the factory Laughing
What seeks was trying to tell you is that there are strict rules regarding what engines can be put into what cars.
I have no idea about USA but here its:

Max Litre capacity = 2.5 x cars original weight (turbo)
3 x weight for NA
(weights are in kg's)

The conversions suggested should be legal but it's worth checking with your local aurthorities first.
Best of luck,
Andrew
1jz-ae86
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess the USA is just not gonna know about my car then...hehehe....
1jz-ae86
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate to say it, but...it seems like its too much trouble to put any other engine into it other than the 4a-ge or the 4a-gze. so wut should i go with, 3s-gte, 4a-ge 16v, 4a-ge 20v, or the 4a-gze. I need the most power i can get to impress da ladies Very Happy you know how that goes...hahahaha THX FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!

remember, i'm planning on putting turbo later on

[Updated on: Mon, 21 July 2003 06:33]

need_boost
Regular

July 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 21 July 2003 15:23

TurboRA28 wrote on Mon, 21 July 2003 15:05

ST205 3S-GTE Smile

Like this one?:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~shanej/News/P0001929.JPG

Very Happy

cool1, you flash that everywhere Razz
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate to tell you, but thats not the only thing I flash everywhere Rolling Eyes

need_boost
Regular

July 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those pics of you and your cat are just wrong tho Razz
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1jz-ae86 wrote on Mon, 21 July 2003 16:25

i hate to say it, but...it seems like its too much trouble to put any other engine into it other than the 4a-ge or the 4a-gze. so wut should i go with, 3s-gte, 4a-ge 16v, 4a-ge 20v, or the 4a-gze. I need the most power i can get to impress da ladies Very Happy you know how that goes...hahahaha THX FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!

remember, i'm planning on putting turbo later on

The majestic SPEEDCORE will give you his words'o'wisdom!!

"Look towards the dark side my son.......
the force is strong within thee......
if thy seek a Nissan engine and box!!"

The majestic SPEEDCORE has spoken.......

PS: Yes.... nightduty does do funny things to my mind! Very Happy

1jz-ae86
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r you saying i should throw a nissan engine into my car? hmmm, i dunno...i really like toyota
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well yeah
but sr20 is a good 4-cyl engine, as long as you're not looking for more than 250-300kw (350-400 bhp) (they get very fragile after this, and require forgies).

A well made 4a-gte will put out 280 horse power at the wheels (on an aust. dyno, which I've heard tend to read lower than american ones?) which is an insane amount of power for the weight of an ae86
1jz-ae86
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Mon, 21 July 2003 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the thing is...i am looking for around 500 horsies on my car. max power from a well built 4a-ge can get around 400 hp(turbo). The 4a-gze can get a good 650 out of there. so i am thinking about going with the gze
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
650 from a 4A-GZE? Shocked
money really must not be an issue!
1jz-ae86
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is an issue, but with about $15000 us dollars, i could have like 500hp from a gze. 15k is about around my budge. making 40k a year doesn't let you do too much with cars...lol...but i save up mwhahahahaha
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're an idiot... just sell your car to someone who really wants an ae86 and buy something else yourself with more Hp potential
Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
500hp in such a light chassis is just a bit over the top.... Firstly the chassis will be overpowered ;( And secondly to compete with LARGER more powerful cars you are not going to need the power that they have...

Do some math, i.e. ~1050kg sprinter w/ 1.6T 300hp vs ~1600kg Supra w/ 3T 500hp. With the right suspension setup you could run rings around the supra, mabey not over 250km/h but how fast do you really wana go in a straight line? Corners are much more fun ;p
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$15K US....... FUG MEH!!

650hp....... YOU want NAAAAAAAWS with that???? Very Happy

Dude the AE86 starts to feel a bit funny in the chassis after 120-140kw apparently! Sure by all means go ahead if it is your dream and all but, your seriously in for some body/chassis strengthening. The car will be a DOG to drive on the street. Also a GZE tuned to that state can not possibly last very long!!! If you want a car with that much power... get a RZ Supra or something like that and go from there!!!

Forget about impressing the ladies too with engine power....

Drop your pants, if they latch onto your arm... BINGO
If they laugh, hey you got $15k worth of mods you can do!! Laughing
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Tue, 22 July 2003 16:45

Forget about impressing the ladies too with engine power....

Drop your pants, if they latch onto your arm... BINGO
If they laugh, hey you got $15k worth of mods you can do!! Laughing

I wasnt going to say anything like that.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But you thought about it!! Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Tue, 22 July 2003 16:59

But you thought about it!! Smile

That I did Laughing
seeks
Regular

September 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1jz-ae86 wrote on Mon, 21 July 2003 16:25

I need the most power i can get to impress da ladies Very Happy you know how that goes...hahahaha THX FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!

Sorry mate, if you are doing up an ae86 to impress ladies, i think that you've got a problem. To 99.9999% of girls, they will see the ae86 as an old heap of crap anyway, go get some loud veilside chrome crapmobile and don't waste an ae86 Smile.

Catcha,
Seeks.

If you're 1j crazy and you have that kind of money, what about one of those jza80's, that's the nice older 1j supra isn't it ?
arena
Regular

January 2003
      ?
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seeks wrote on Mon, 21 July 2003 11:46

yeah thats would be cool, but do got the $$$ thats like more then the sr20! and thats alot. i mean not only do u have and east west engine into a north south bay. not to mention gearbox's.

i mean if the sr20 quote is 10 fingers then whats the 3sgte 16?

too much money for me. i rather build a full racing 4ag. Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 22 July 2003 09:45]

seeks
Regular

September 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=arena wrote on Tue, 22 July 2003 19:38]
seeks wrote on Mon, 21 July 2003 11:46
[/quote

yeah thats would be cool, but do got the $$$ thats like more then the sr20! and thats alot. i mean not only do u have and east west engine into a north south bay. not to mention gearbox's.

i mean if the sr20 quote is 10 fingers then whats the 3sgte 16?

too much money for me. i rather build a full racing 4ag. Very Happy

I agree arena, if it was mine i'd like to have a good 4age in it. I've had 3 different 4age's, at present i have the 20v in an ae92. Sure, it's not an ae86, but i still get to appreciate the little 1.6 smooth revving love of the 4age.

I do feel that a 3sgte, or as you say, an sr20 would be better for straight line brutality, however, i'm not sure that any piece of the ae86 was built for straight line power. I'm not knocking doing one up though, let us know how you go 1jzae86.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could quite easily tweak 300 KW out of a 3sgte motor with the right budget AND it would hold together. and as for straight lineability - maybe not in a Gt4 ( traction and handling heaven, but not the best drag car ) but in a MR2 - with the right " touch " id say the mighty 3sgte would say " pisseth in thy eye " to a sr20
in a ta22 or a car of that weight - its " pisseth in thy eye and heres my new " owned you " slips "

but then again - your wanting to work this ina sprinter - and thats just wrong.. 3sgte's belong in Celicas or mr2's ( or Jap gt racing supras )
As for a race spec Sprinter - it would be a pig to drive on the street, no doubt about that, and well - the constabulary wouldnt be too impressed and youd have to "budget" for donations to the policemans ball.

Why not just spend 10K on the ICE factor instead - so the laydeeez can see how $bling$ $bling$ you are and do their make up in the reflection of your dazzing chrome and listen to spice girls blaring from 12 inch subbies ?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, this threads crackin me up, but i gotta chip in with constructive advice...

500hp+ out of 1.6L is some serious boost, you'll prolly need two motors to get the turbo to spool.... even 500hp+ out of 2L is a big challenge...

warning non-toyota content Rolling Eyes
if you still want something that vaguely handles AND you want the big power numbers, you have to start looking at the rotaries. specifically turbo 20B. they are pretty light motors, they have about 3.9L displacement, so have half decent torque off boost (compared to 13B) and you can get some really good power numbers out of it. US$15K might be enough to get it into the car and around 5-600hp. try aksing some rotary forums about what that sort of power costs..

it will drive at that power but you need some serious body and diff work for the car to be driveable on boost.

no point wasting a bunch of good sub 2L motor trying to get sooper dooper power from them......

Cya, Stewart
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck sake oldcorollas.... don't open up another can of worms with the rotary thing!! Very Happy

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOLLOL Laughing Laughing Laughing

heh heh Very Happy Very Happy

horses for courses...
he wants 600hp, 20B twin turb rotor is way easier to achive than with a 4AG right? (and maybe diverting to different forum:twisted:)
come to think of it, has anyone heard of anything more than 400hp out of a 4AG???
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL someone throw him a link to the 20B Sprinter vid!!

He'll change his mind again!!

1JZ to SR20 to 20B!!! Very Happy

Just stirring 1jz-ae86!!

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally dont see why or how you could require 500+ horsies in an ae86.
sure that 20b ae86 is impressive, but that vid shows rolling start.
can you imagine that thing off the start? you'd either be wheel standing (which means it wont corner, and is just *wrong* in an ae86) or you'd be chewing through most of your rear treads.

hate to pour ice down your pants, but with US$15k to spend, I'd sell the ae86, but something designed with more power in mind (mk2 supra comes to mind Smile), throw a 1jz in it (like I did), mod it to 500bhp (which doesn't require changing the internals incidentally) and then laugh as you run an 11sec pass on street tires.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just to be a little different, im going to have to go ahead and suggest the 1UZFE V8, its not too heavy and its only 4 cylnders long, and after all isnt america the land of the v8, and if youve got no power to weight/ engine capacity regs, well just go nuts. youll get your 500 out of a 1U no worries, and damn if that guy can put one in a ta celica its gota be possible to get it in a hachi roku. Smile
1jz-ae86
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaahah i love this forum....thx for all you help guys. I'll just be sticking to the gze...alot less trouble than anything else. ill put about 250-300hp out of it, finish up college(while i keep saving up my money, then i'll probably buy myself an r34 DONT HATE!)
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20B AE86 with 600ps?
http://nark.is-a-geek.com/pub/Pix/Cars/Videos/3%20 Rotor%20AE86.asf
Matt16v
Regular

I supported Toymods

February 2003
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Tue, 22 July 2003 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazy bloody asians!!! is there anything they wont do??? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Wed, 23 July 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's wrong with the 1g-gte??

Or don't they have those in the US?

just my two bobs worth! Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Wed, 23 July 2003 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't have them.

Plus if you're gonna go to the trouble of firewall bashing to get a 1G in there, you might as well go a 3S. More potential.
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Wed, 23 July 2003 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well there woz bugger all firewall bashing with my sprinter, but i agree that the 3s may have more potential. Though, i have seen the potential of the morboost celica. Can the 3s have as much potential with aftermarket turbo?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Wed, 23 July 2003 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Main area where the 3S wins is in aftermarket support. There's shitloads of aftermarket bits for the 3S.
1G is very, very, VERY limited in that area. Sad

3S's are used in rally, in the Japanese Touring Car Championship Supras, and prolly in a bunch of other motorsports which means that there are people that know how to get BIG power out of them.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Wed, 23 July 2003 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you throw lots of money at it, the 3s makes LOTS
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Wed, 23 July 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard claims of 1000hp from the 3S. One of the mouths that uttered that was Wayne Gardner (he drives one of the JTCC Supras).
Note: He said that they could get that out of their engines, not that they actually were...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Wed, 23 July 2003 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck finding a left hand drive R34 skyline in america Brian ! Laughing

they be 2 fast 2 furious for you !

Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Wed, 23 July 2003 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was trying to find info about that 3 rotor AE-86 and rammed into this...

http://www.buildersedge.org/Boards/viewthread.php? tid=79&page=6

Quote of gold from there.
Quote:

quote:
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
Originally posted by 86mkiiisupra
Yeah the 3-rotor swap is pretty simple in the Corolla GT-S and the Supra (MA70 Body) Toyota built the AE86 as a road race car originaly but it ended up gaining a huge cult following among Japanese mountain racers and now it is really picking up in america because of the release of the anime Initial D. And after the success of the AE86 in the aftermarket scene they built the MA70 Supra spacificly as a Drift Car.
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

I wouldn't call it simple when you have to fabricate your own motor mounts.

Quite a performance forum, dont you think? Some one is bragging about how fast is his mothers Ford Escort. It seems to be full off similar shit.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Wed, 23 July 2003 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys u have to remember that the big HP 3S-GTE's have a block thats based on the 3S, apparently it is custom made and doesnt share too much in common with the production version.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Thu, 24 July 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Jayem wrote on Thu, 24 July 2003 07:49]
http://www.buildersedge.org/Boards/viewthread.php? tid=79&page=6

Quote of gold from there.
Quote:

quote:
Originally posted by 86mkiiisupra
Yeah the 3-rotor swap is pretty simple in the Corolla GT-S and the Supra (MA70 Body) Toyota built the AE86 as a road race car originaly but it ended up gaining a huge cult following among Japanese mountain racers and now it is really picking up in america because of the release of the anime Initial D. And after the success of the AE86 in the aftermarket scene they built the MA70 Supra spacificly as a Drift Car.

LMFAO!! The MA70 was built specifically as a DRIFT CAR!!
CLASSIC!!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Thu, 24 July 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL! Having driven a few MA70's, I was very impressed with the grippy, sure-footed rear end. Surely this is exactly what you don't want in a drift car? Laughing
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Thu, 24 July 2003 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's funny...I (like most here, I assume) subscribe to a few different forums. It gets you thinking a bit about just many other forums are out there...particularly those whose members sprout such pearls as that! Laughing

At least here, most members don't set themselves up as experts and then proceed to shoot themselves in the foot with clearly erroneous information. (Note: I said "most" Laughing )
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Thu, 24 July 2003 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 24 July 2003 08:10

guys u have to remember that the big HP 3S-GTE's have a block thats based on the 3S, apparently it is custom made and doesnt share too much in common with the production version.

I think this engine is called the 503e? Something like that.
It's used in Rod Millen's Pikes Peak Hilux/Tacoma amongst others.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Radiator cap
Next Topic:I cant Capitan! She just don't have the power!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:09:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076639652252197 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.