Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Thu, 16 May 2002 01:54 Go to next message
who reckons the sprinter is the same bodyshell as a seca just only with two doors not four?

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2002 11:34]

Send a private message to this user    
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter Thu, 16 May 2002 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youve answered your own question there....

Quote:

Corolla = FWD
Sprinter = RWD

and no, the body is different in nearly every aspect.

dont confuse a great car with a FWD grocery getter... Razz j/k Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2002 03:06]

Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter Thu, 16 May 2002 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
double post.

sorry.

great way to satrt on a new forum huh? :-

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2002 03:10]

Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter Thu, 16 May 2002 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't even put those two words together Laughing
j/k

the RWD is just uncomparable
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter Thu, 16 May 2002 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even asking this question implies that you haven't driven a sprinter yet(let alone a good one),and are deluded when it comes to looking at a chassis objectively.

the AE82 will never come close to a sprinter for ease of performance,and good handling. the chassis design is full of flaws,not the least of which is the fact the entire driveline is fitted sideways under the bonnet.

sure,you can chuck the same engine into an FF corolla,but you'll never get it to drive the same. it wouldn;t matter how much money you threw at it.

Justin...
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter Thu, 16 May 2002 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I fainted when i read I saw that he had tried to compare the two cars Sleep
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Thu, 16 May 2002 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
opps what i meant to say was..
what visual differences are they!
as in ae82 vs ae86 bodyshape and styling!
sorry guys!
/puts on flame jacket
zorro
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Thu, 16 May 2002 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget those "grocery getter" AE82 Corolla's raced sucessfully at Bathurst for many years. They have alot of racing heritage!!
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Thu, 16 May 2002 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both cars were released around the same era so there are a lot of similarities in the styling, especially around the front end. Look closely tho and you'll find not too many parts to be interchangable. I like the stubby front ends of the AE82's, but to be honest the rear of the seca shape in AE82 (and AE101 as well) never appealed to me much. Just my personal opinion - each to their own.

Actually if I ever had the inkling to do up an AE82, I would probably choose the sedan, just to be different. My personal favorite is the AE86 2 door sedan with fixed front headlights (like the one that raced at Bathurst).

rgrds
sam
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Thu, 16 May 2002 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the sprinters came in 4 door? you meah the coupe? those things are pretty nice! like that rally guys one
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Thu, 16 May 2002 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep i meant the coupe version...
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Fri, 17 May 2002 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By 2 door I meant this one, as opposed to the 3 door (hatchback) version.

/images/AE86.jpg

rgrds
sam
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter Fri, 17 May 2002 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

the AE82 will never come close to a sprinter for ease of performance,and good handling. the chassis design is full of flaws,not the least of which is the fact the entire driveline is fitted sideways under the bonnet.

Its sad but its true. In terms of performance the sprinter will always come out on top, as well as being easier to work with. But that won't stop me from extracting more performance out of my AE82 hatch. Cars are a personal thing anyway.

The AE82 does have some racing history too Smile

http://img2.ranchoweb.com/images/whitegze/rally.jpg

http://img2.ranchoweb.com/images/whitegze/ae82-race.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 17 May 2002 04:48]

Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter Fri, 17 May 2002 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whiteGZE wrote on Fri, 17 May 2002 2:48 PM

[quote title=Quote:]

awwwwww......

how cuuuuuute... Very Happy
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter Sat, 18 May 2002 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr 20Valve wrote on Fri, 17 May 2002 7:52 PM

whiteGZE wrote on Fri, 17 May 2002 2:48 PM

[quote title=Quote:]

awwwwww......

how cuuuuuute... Very Happy

hehehe! Rolling
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter Sat, 18 May 2002 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The closest matching chasis to a Sprinter is actually a KE/AE70 which has the same length drivetrain, similar steering design, and the floorpan front to back is "almost" identical bar a feww minor differences.

And best of all its still RWD Nod

AS for comparing a Seca to a Sprinter ...... this is a joke right?????? cmon no one could seriously look at the 2 and think I wonder which one I should buy No No No
Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Thu, 19 June 2003 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know guys sprinters around hear have a lot of trouble keeping up with my ae82 FWD has a lot of advantages in low powered cars, especially in the wet.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Thu, 19 June 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
out of the two - Sprinter looks better by far - a little dated but much " neater and smoother " with nice rims etc and a little lowering

the Seca looks a little too plastic for my liking - more like a Galant Clone with a pointy bum ..

As for comparing the two - performance wise the ae82 can be made to handle - but if you put the same work into a sprinter - the results in my oppinion would be a more rewarding drive ..

Add to that a 4age setup in a sprinter goes pretty sweetly - though that 4a just begs for more cubes or a little assistance from Forced induction to get my interest

RWD cars of same size - non forced induction - you CANT beat a 2tg/18rg powered classic celica - for sheer joy to drive , cool as looks - and classic coolness Wink
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Sat, 21 June 2003 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Browndog wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 18:47

I dont know guys sprinters around hear have a lot of trouble keeping up with my ae82 FWD has a lot of advantages in low powered cars, especially in the wet.

I'd say the reason for that is much less the "strengths" of the ae82,and more that the sprinter guys you know have a crap setup,and can't steer.
don't get me wrong,an 82 will go well up to a point,but an FR car like a sprinter will just own it in all the little areas(like feel,handling,driving position,and ease of control to name a few),and when the road is more demanding.

if it's only drag racing you're talking about,then yeah,an 82 might win,seeing as they're a touch lighter,and have a more efficient (if clunky) driveline.

no matter which way you look at an 82 seca,it always looks like something they put in a vice,and stretched out,then hooked an air line to and inflated.

the 86 has a smooth,uniform line to it's body. there's no comparison. even if both cars are in dead standard form.

Justin...

St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Sun, 22 June 2003 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate the look of the 82 seca,but love the look of the sprinters. so there must be something about em both. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
also like the ke/ae70s. Cool
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Mon, 23 June 2003 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Levin front end, sprinter rear Smile

Oh lord won't you buy me a GT-Apex.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Tue, 24 June 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Levin front end, sprinter rear

Oh lord won't you buy me a GT-Apex.

take it sprinter through and through?
TE35
Regular

May 2003
Re: AE82 Seca Vs Sprinter body shape! Thu, 26 June 2003 06:20 Go to previous message
I've heard that the floorplan of an AE86 is identicle to a T-18. Anyone else heard this?
Plus, I think (and I may cop a lot of flak here, but...) TE71s look better than AE86s. TE71s (for those who haven't seen one, picture a T-18 with a spinter rear end, or go to the Garage Dori drift site in NZ) have a lower roof line than an AE86, more flared guards, and as far as handling goes, identical.
Theres a real nice one in the June issue of NZ Performance Car (if you can find it!), with a 3TGTEU with a hybrid T3/T4 and a NO2 set up (if only the gas was for the driver!). I'm not sayiny AE86s look bad, there's just some aspects of their styling which could have been better.

BTW, theres a cool Japanese site where you can create your own #E7# corolla. Its fun, but a lot of guess work due to no english.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:nickel plating, plastic chroming
Next Topic:New shape Celica - What are the Goods and Bads
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:16:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055720806121826 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.