Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Need help on 4age 20VBlacktop tuning....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackTop20V
Newcomer

August 2003
Need help on 4age 20VBlacktop tuning.... Fri, 15 August 2003 17:11 Go to next message
hi.....,
my 4a engine problem is it not runing smooth at low rev (rpm 2000 to 3000). It make my car feel jerking. It have no problem when rpm reach 3000 and above. pls need help...... Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Need help on 4age 20VBlacktop tuning.... Sat, 16 August 2003 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my blacktop has the same prob.. its a little sluggish and reluctant to go when u put ur foot down when in the same rev range..
BlackTop20V
Newcomer

August 2003
Re: Need help on 4age 20VBlacktop tuning.... Thu, 21 August 2003 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes.... that that the problem. Do you have any suggestion on how to solve this problem?
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Need help on 4age 20VBlacktop tuning.... Thu, 21 August 2003 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u have a few options which i am looking at:
1) take it to get dyno tuned

2)look at the exhaust (mine is 2.5" which is a little large, 2.25" or 2" would be better)

3)look at the ignition timing.. here: http://www.onthenet.com.au/~paulp/Blacktop/

4) check all the leads and spark plugs
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Need help on 4age 20VBlacktop tuning.... Fri, 22 August 2003 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had a similar prob with a silvertop... See Bass boy's reply, but we also changed to a 7MGTE fuel pump, and away she went!!!
BlackTop20V
Newcomer

August 2003
Re: Need help on 4age 20VBlacktop tuning.... Sat, 06 September 2003 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi... guy. Got new finding... engine just want smooth when disconnect the TPS...
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Need help on 4age 20VBlacktop tuning.... Sat, 06 September 2003 04:12 Go to previous message
yes running with the tps not connected can make it feel sluggish. i ran without it for two days.. wondering where did all the power go? hmm. then i remembered i hadn't put it back on becuase i did my throttle body during the night Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4.7 final ratio
Next Topic:Which type of manifold?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 00:23:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043699741363525 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.