Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE92 SX Fuel Tank?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HrundiV
Occasional Poster

September 2003
icon5.gif  AE92 SX Fuel Tank? Thu, 11 September 2003 04:48 Go to next message
Hey

short-time lurker, first-time poster.

I have a stock AE92 Seca SX, and I read somewhere that it has a fuel tank capacity of 50 litres, but this isn't the case unless you do some 'easy dealer modification'. Currently the capacity appears to be 35 litres.

Anyone done this? Anyone know how to do this? Cheap?

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: AE92 SX Fuel Tank? Thu, 11 September 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man, in the manual it also says 50L, but i swear i have had mine stuttering like a bitch and only jammed 35L into it too!

Sorry cant help you but id be interested to know if its been done aswell Smile

Peace
haggis
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE92 SX Fuel Tank? Thu, 11 September 2003 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On my AE82 I've run it right down and put 46L back into the tank... It clames to be a 50L, so its acurate for the AE82.

I think the AE92 tanks are very similar to the AE82, according to the Max Ellery book i have.

Craig.
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: AE92 SX Fuel Tank? Thu, 11 September 2003 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try this site for Toyota recall and service bulletins. I couldn't see anything on the fuel tank during a quick look but it's worth checking out anyway - might give you somewhere to chase up the info you're after.
http://www.alldata.com/recall/make/Toyota.html
SXer
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE92 SX Fuel Tank? Thu, 11 September 2003 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine never took over 33 liters. A bit of a pain in the a$$. It still drove for >400klms on a tank though Smile
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: AE92 SX Fuel Tank? Thu, 11 September 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a rapair book that says 50... my car has only ever taken 35ish tops .... but then again i've never had my fuel light on ecxpept for a split second the other night .. then it went off and it took 35 litres... and dun the light come on when there is approx 10litres left... also.. another thing... my mate told me that all "newer" cars are not actuall y fully empty when the gauge says empty... they still have a bit left in em... but yea.. im gonna try and see how much i get in next time i run right low.. i reckon 50 sounds right
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE92 SX Fuel Tank? Thu, 11 September 2003 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BODY046 DEC 90 Interior - Repair Kit For Squeaks & Rattles

Why Can't I get that for my Rolla Laughing
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: AE92 SX Fuel Tank? Thu, 11 September 2003 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it's justa case of the fuel level sensor being position incorrectly in the tank...? (any other suggestions?)

I generally fill mine when it hits empty.. I tend to get nervous driving around with the petrol light on for a long time, but I've done so and never run out of fuel yet..

I guess the only way to test how much can go in there is to drain the tank entirely and then fill it up.

Either that, or make a note of your distance travelled when the fuel light comes on, and then just keep driving until you run out of petrol. Will give you an idea of how early the light is coming on. Very Happy
NDR008
Newcomer

August 2003

Re: AE92 SX Fuel Tank? Fri, 12 September 2003 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guyz, i got a Corolla Liftback (EE90), but looks like you car, can view more on the site i made at www.toyota.vze.com
Anyhow, i did fill about 50+ Litres on a downhill.
HrundiV
Occasional Poster

September 2003
icon14.gif  Re: AE92 SX Fuel Tank? Sat, 13 September 2003 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info chaps.

Hopefully its an incorrectly positioned sensor - maybe when I have time I'll pop down the dealership or something.
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE92 SX Fuel Tank? Sat, 13 September 2003 23:22 Go to previous message
Is you fuel tank slow to fill as well? There is a common problem with AE92's of not being able to get 50 litres in the tank. I spoke to a dealer about it once and i think he said something about an air return line. I lost interest after I sold my SX.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Garrett turbo re-buildability
Next Topic:Ford Twin Horn Conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:32:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004828929901123 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.