Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
3T-GTE
Regular

August 2003
icon14.gif  3T-GTE Stroker Mon, 22 September 2003 23:13 Go to next message
I am curious to know, has anyone done... & / or know the best way to stroke the 3T-GTE?

I was looking at the specs of the 4T-GTE race engine, which shares a lot of things with the 3T-GTE... It has a stroke of 84mm... (& bore of 89mm = 2090cc) which makes me wonder if there if there is some sort of crankshaft (& rods??) out there that could possibly fit straight into the 3T-GTE??

For those that are interested...the following link from Matti's site for a pic of what the 4T-GTE looks like.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/9975/engine pix/bzpix/4TGTEU.JPG

Regardless of all this, my aim is to get the cubic capicity of the 3T-GTE as big as I safely can, & I am still keen to know what sort of maximum stroke I can get out of the 3T-GTE...

... & most of all what is the best way to do it?

I am particularly interested to hear from anyone who has done something like this before, & what the end results were.
Thanks,
3T-GTE.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 September 2003 23:27]

Send a private message to this user    
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: 3T-GTE Stroker Tue, 23 September 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/loser/5T-G.html

In Puerto Rico where 3T's (not twin cams either) are running in the 7 sec bracket they apparently use the 4Y crank. May be worth looking into. Only other ones I've seen have been bored rather than stroked.

Callum
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE Stroker Tue, 23 September 2003 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure the 4T-GTE would've run a super special money can't buy crank. They spin up to 10k rpm if i remember correctly.

I've read about putting a 3Y toyota crank in a 3t block which supposedly gives you 2.2l.
The only thing I can find right now.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldcorollas/me ssage/3407?source=1

But I'd be certain that a 3Y isn't a forged crank, as the motor normally resides in Taragos and Hiluxs, o yeah and forklifts.
So big revs are a no-no.

Daniel
3T-GTE
Regular

August 2003
Re: 3T-GTE Stroker Tue, 23 September 2003 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Daniel & Callum.

Where did you get any detailed information about the Puerto Rican racing engines. I have looked through their website, & all I can find is pictures & quater mile times.

I would like to know the exact components (Pistons, Rods, Head & block modifications, etc..) that are going into their engines, & what they have done to get them to work so well. Do you know of any sites / forums / people I could have a look at for this?

I am also looking to go to a bigger bore size (up to 89mm), but I think that if I could also improve the stroke up (around 84 mm or more) would give me both...
- More cubic capacity (2.0 ltrs plus)...
- And a bit more low-down power, which is what I am after. I would prefer to have an engine that doesn't need to be revved to 7,000 rpm+ & have a very thin power band to max its maximum power.

With a bore to stroke ratio like this, I think as long as...
.. The compontents(crank, rods, pistons) are strong..
.. at the same time as light as possible...
.. & well balanced...

I don't see any reason why a 89mm x 84mm or 89 x 86mm bore & stroke wouldn't give me a better engine then the standard 85mm * 78mm, with a better power curve & still be able to rev to 8,000 rpm.

Please let me know if you think that this isn't a good idea for any reason, Or if you agree with what I am saying.

Sounds like I am going to have to start playing around with parts & see what is the best combination I can come up with.
Cheers,
3T-GTE

TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: 3T-GTE Stroker Wed, 24 September 2003 07:25 Go to previous message
More stroke on a 3T GTE sounds great to me. The problem is finding a crank that will fit properly and hold the load. Let me know if you find such an animal.
The ideal case would be to use the setup from a 4T GT engine, but chances of finding thta is just about impossible...

Cheers,
Simon
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:7MGE Power
Next Topic:Cams for 3T
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:46:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056679248809814 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.