Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » LSD or NOT?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
LSD or NOT? Sun, 02 November 2003 11:06 Go to next message
Hey All,

I have lifted my MA61 I found that when I spin one rear wheel, the other wheel spins the other way Confused

Have I been jibbed and have a single spinner? or do I need the clutches repacked... And No... I don't want to rip a burnout!

Further more to add... I have had the car up on a hoist and when on drive, both wheels spin in the same direction. Does the Single Spinner do that?

Cheers...
  Send a private message to this user    
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: LSD or NOT? Sun, 02 November 2003 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from my limited knowlege the toyota lsd will do this also. making hard to figure out. once again best way to find out is to let it lose. if you dont want to punish the car wait till it rains.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: LSD or NOT? Sun, 02 November 2003 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man even a single spinner will spin both in the rain, If it is a clutch pack LSD BOTH wheels shoulds turn the same direction when u turn one of them... if it doesnt it's prolly on the worn side.. take it out and suss it all out, Probably a good time to change oil anyway
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: LSD or NOT? Sun, 02 November 2003 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ma61 diff will have "LSD" printed on the drivers side of the diff housing if it is lsd.

T
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: LSD or NOT? Mon, 03 November 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, but he thinks someone changed just the centre (dont you?)

and yeah, on the side of the diff, on a sticker, it says LSD
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: LSD or NOT? Mon, 03 November 2003 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A good way to tell is put one wheel off the road, say on some grass or dirt, then accelerate pretty hard, if you don't really go anywhere then no lsd cos the one on grass is spinning, if you do go then you got lsd.
I find that a pretty good way to tell without hurting car too much
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: LSD or NOT? Mon, 03 November 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the lsd's do wear out & need reshimming. one i saw certainly behaved like an open diff

one way to know for certain is to pop the back cover off nad have a look inside- if you can see the spider gears, then you don't have an lsd!!

T
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: LSD or NOT? Mon, 03 November 2003 07:15 Go to previous message
I took my car to a remote part of the suburb I live in and did a line lock after stalling up the car... Both wheels spin on the dirt at the same time so I assume that I have an LSD fitted to the back of the MA61...

Question is, when doing a straight line burnout, on an LSD car does both wheels spin or just the one?

Cheers.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 CRAP LOOK HERE
Next Topic:Help with GA61
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:19:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039088726043701 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.