Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Thu, 13 November 2003 03:49 Go to next message
Just curious about the approx weight of a AE86 with a 3SGTE in it.
And what are 3SGTE outputs standard and highest potential with tuning.
Any links about the 3SGTE engine to edumcate myself?
  Send a private message to this user    
3sglevin
Regular

November 2003
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Thu, 13 November 2003 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 3sg in an AE86, but have no idea what it weighs and in realtion to road trim even less, mine is completely gutted and set up for racing, I am taking a punt to say the engine would weigh about 15 to 50kgs more and then you need to run a supra or corona gearbox which is about 5 kgs more then the T50. As for standard output for 3sg it I have no idea what they would have in standard form! sorry

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2003 04:03]

CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Thu, 13 November 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate did 1 a AE86 with a 3sge and std ecu and supra box the engine weighs 55 kilos heavier than a 4age and the box is 10 kilos heavier also the rear end has a T series disc brake rear end total weight on weigh bridge with spare tyre 1040 kilos very heavy AE86
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Thu, 13 November 2003 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doh! i'm putting the 4ac back in Wink
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Thu, 13 November 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine weighs 1135kgs Rolling Eyes
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Thu, 13 November 2003 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm so much for putitng a 2Ltr engine in.. double thinking going back to the gze idea.......
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Fri, 14 November 2003 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still thou, a twin turbo motor in a 1100kg car would have pretty good power to weight ratio's.
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Sat, 15 November 2003 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont be discouraged, why take his word for it ? crunch the numbers yourself.. there could be a billion differences, until u know all the information dont just give up on an idea....
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Sat, 15 November 2003 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boudan wrote on Sat, 15 November 2003 15:47

dont be discouraged, why take his word for it ? crunch the numbers yourself.. there could be a billion differences, until u know all the information dont just give up on an idea....

i agree.

consider the power difference of the 3sg compared to even a 4agze...

the altezza vvti 3sge has 154kw standard...non turbo.

a map 4agze barely makes 130kw...

when you really think about it... the weight difference is barely another person. then you have all that extra power...hmmm. i know i'd rather go a 3sge...

btw celicaRA45 - do you still have your altezza engine?

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Sat, 15 November 2003 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea ya right..... I was being braindead and replied too quick.

Which is the better for the conversion to a AE86?
MR2, GT4 or Altezza version? Which will perform better and is there that much difference besides the drivetrains? MR 4WD RWD.

Which is Gen 1,2&3?

[Updated on: Sat, 15 November 2003 08:19]

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Sat, 15 November 2003 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.billzilla.org/AE863SGE.htm

this explains in pretty good detail what's involved...

sounds like a lot of stuffin around..
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Sat, 15 November 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea I been following Bill Sherwoods thing.
Alot say they have done it tohugh and say it is the "best candidate"... looks like a nightmare and not meant to be really done to me...
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Sun, 16 November 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lil mic thats steves car, that you have he weighed it 1040 a with spare and it has air as wellso not to bad you need a 4.3 diff to get it going thou
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Sun, 16 November 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh I know. Oh I didn't think he had aircon. I thought it was installed after. That's alright then i guess.
Really dying for a 4.3 but my wallets just saying no.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Sun, 16 November 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gen3 3sgte is your best option to start with - thats in the st205 or the later mr2's - mind you they are the most expensive !

for cheapy - and if you dont mine having a little less power - but still HEAPS for toyour conversion - St185 frontcuts are the most easiest obtained for 3sgte ..

you can get them for around the 2.5 - 3k mark if my memory serves me right..

for 3sge ( non turbo )- the altezza beams motor would be mad in a sprinter - it would sound lovely and still be a potent machine - WITHOUT the issues of setting up turbo';s and intercooling ..

pesronally in a sprinter - id love to see a beams 3sge , with the 6 speed or w series box behind it ..

Im guessing you could possibly use a 2s ra60 celica bellhousing to adapt the W series box to it - and sa63 parts for the clutch setup + pedals ( am i right - or not ? )

my ideal classic with retro non turbo motor would be a ra28 with a beams 3sge , running quad throttle efi , and a hilux rear end
it would SING a sweet sweet tune and look hot as Wink

3sglevin
Regular

November 2003
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Sun, 16 November 2003 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Morning Guy's this has been interesting!! I agree though work it out for youself and do the numbers I think it is a good option although a big job!!
I didnt know Bill had put a 3SG in his, if you have a look at his site he pretty much covers it! It is a hard job even to a race car where you can do things a little easier! I had a hard time getting mine in there too! I am not running an Altezza though! I have a (I am told gen 3 head) a small port Mr2 motor, but as you can see with bills the brakemaster cylinder is a problem to fit, but I have to add he is running an auto, remember where the clutch master cylinder goes and thats when some fun begins, we had to fab up an interesting thing for the clutch to work.

drifter4ag
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: AE86 w 3SGTE.. weight? & 3SGTE ouputs? Mon, 17 November 2003 09:44 Go to previous message
just to throw some more nubmers in there for you guys
My ae86
4ag + Turbo
3core radiator and intercooler/oil cooler etc
W55 Gearbox
Hilux Rear end 4.5locker

weighs in at 950kg with Spare tyre .. no interior underseal and only the two facelift stock seats which are 17.5kg for driver and 16.5 for passenger. So wihtout being drastic i can lose another 25 just by changing seats.
Not bad i thought for the fatty runnning gear
Note - I am not inlcuded in the weight ... with me 1050
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wiring a 4age alternator
Next Topic:ma70 - pre or post august 88?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 13:34:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069880485534668 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.