Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
icon9.gif  GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Sun, 28 December 2003 02:50 Go to next message
Hi all,
I am having some big issues with my Ae82 Twincam GZE. I bought the car as is except the new exhaust and front mount. I have had the car tunned 3 times now and each time the engine is struggling to idol below 1200rpm (currently at 1400rpm, madness). I have poked my head around the engine bay and have noticed that there seems to be alot of sensors that are not connected to the EMS. 2 on the exhaust (extroctors and before the cat), what seems to be a air temp and numerous others. The computer is a EMS Q14 model (apparently a bloody good computer)
The car also has a thirst for BP ultimate. Since the last tune I am getting huge clouds of petrol smoke/resedue that just can't be good.

Is there anyone that people would recomend that I talk to (SE Qld area)?? It has gotten to the point that I am really considering pulling the whole thing out and starting from scratch but don't have the time or money.

Has anyone found these problems with their GZE's???

Any help would be great

Cheers

Mad RS
  Send a private message to this user    
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Sun, 28 December 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yr best of spending abit of cash now gettin the thing fixed by a professional who knows ems ecus
get it tuned properly and it will save u money on fuel bills in the long run
if u cant do it yrslef
make sure the guy is a good tuner otherwise u r wasting yr money
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
icon9.gif  Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Sun, 28 December 2003 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks but that is my problem at the moment. Every dyno I go to isn't up to scratch with the EMS Q14 ecu. I tryed calling EMS themselves to find the local dealer, called him then found out that he doesn't know anyone in the SE Queensland area that understands the EMS system. So I call back to head office and they only know the retailers and not tuners. Sad but true.

My plan is to take the car off the road, buy a complete new loom (as the arse that installed it the first time probaly damaged the wires in some way, going by his handy work) and slowly go through the wireing so I don't miss anything.

Just wondering if anyone runs a EMS system on a GZE here. It would be good to know if the sensors that aren't hooked need to be or not.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Sun, 28 December 2003 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ems are like any other ecu

all u need is the factory throttle sensor
make sur eu get an air temp sensor one form a holden is ok

and u can use the original temp sensor

that should be all u need
DAMO
Regular

May 2002
Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Sun, 28 December 2003 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have found that depending on piping size and length the GZE does not want to idle with front mount intercooler. Your not the only one with this problem and I feel it is not 100% a tuning issue although it sounds like the last tuner you used tried to richin it up to get it to idle. I mounted a throttle body closer to the intake and now she just idles beautifully. Hope this helps.
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Sun, 28 December 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply's

DAMO- How did you modify the inlet to fit the throttle body closer to the inlet of the supercharger. Would you happen to have pictures of the mod. So before you did the mod you car wouldn't idle below1200rpm and stall most of the time aswell. I would definately like to read more into this.

Cheers

Mad RS

PS My intercooler pipe is 2" stainless steel. Yours the same??
DAMO
Regular

May 2002
Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Sun, 28 December 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats your email. By the way you do not need the Ox sensor connected.
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Mon, 29 December 2003 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey DAMO,
The email is ckpellatt@hotmail.com

Cheers

Mad RS
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Mon, 29 December 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive only seen one gze idle well and that had a remapped mimes computer..

my gze will only idle rich and at about 1200 rpm also..

I think alot of the problem is also the lighter flywheel..
twinturbo86
Regular

June 2003
Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Mon, 29 December 2003 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which model QI-4 are u running, the map sensor version or the tps tuned version i tuned mine with the tps version and it ran perfect.since the boost from the s/c is rpm related it is very easy to tune using throttle position. also check what rpm the auxillary output is energizing the s/c clutch
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Mon, 29 December 2003 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am pretty sure that I am running the TPS version. The tunner said that he programed the supercharger to engage at 1400rpm. I don't understand that sort of thing, so????
twinturbo86
Regular

June 2003
Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Tue, 30 December 2003 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the s/c air bypass valve still connected
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
Re: GZE tunning problems (aftermarket EMS) Thu, 01 January 2004 00:57 Go to previous message
And pray tell where would I find that, so i can check??
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Problem Fitting Extractors On 2TG
Next Topic:Exhaust Flange Gasket job.... worried!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:03:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056469440460205 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.