Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Using plates underneath the crossmember instead of RCA's?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Using plates underneath the crossmember instead of RCA's? Fri, 30 January 2004 05:45 Go to next message
Would using plates under the crossmember (with longer bolts) be a cheaper (less machining) perfectly acceptable alternative?

I can't see why it wouldn't work. and they would also be easier to fit I think...

Opinions?

Cheers
Wilbo
  Send a private message to this user    
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: Using plates underneath the crossmember instead of RCA's? Fri, 30 January 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you mean lower the crossmember it will produce the opposite. It will mpve the inner point down which means raising the outboard link up.

It wont work, sorry

Brad
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Using plates underneath the crossmember instead of RCA's? Fri, 30 January 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Putting plates under the xmember would make it worse! Because you are lowering the inner pivot point of the control arms even more.

What you want is the outer pivot point to be lowered in relation to the inner.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Using plates underneath the crossmember instead of RCA's? Sat, 31 January 2004 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What they said. You'd also run into problems with ground clearance (my car is bad enough as it is), and the engine/transmission/tailshaft would be on a funny angle which probably isn't good for the uni joints.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Using plates underneath the crossmember instead of RCA's? Sun, 01 February 2004 10:09 Go to previous message
Yep, I thought about it for about 1min (then my brain kicked in and I realized it would indeed make it worse Embarassed) , don't know what I was even thinking Rolling Eyes

Cheers
Wilbo
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3S-GE converted to a 3S-GE turbo in a ST202 Celica Using 3S-GTE parts
Next Topic:gtir t28 on a gze?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:52:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055601596832275 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.