Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
GZ20 steering wheel conversion Wed, 04 February 2004 01:47 Go to next message
I have a spare momo sitting in my bedroom, I hear that a simple boss kit bolt-on is not an option for this car as it has a different setup, I could be wrong. Has anyone done this?, and if so, how did you go about it?

any help would be greatly appreciated....
  Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: GZ20 steering wheel conversion Wed, 04 February 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

if it has an airbag then i think you cant put a bosskit on or you have to get the wheel taken of buy a pro or you might kill yourself Laughing

but other than that yep you SHOULD just be able to take your old steering wheel of buy a bosskit for YOUR car put that on then put the new steering wheel on and bobs your uncle
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: GZ20 steering wheel conversion Wed, 04 February 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the cruise control controls are on the steering wheel, you will lose them
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: GZ20 steering wheel conversion Wed, 04 February 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I assumed it would be as simple as that, I just didn't want to tear it all apart to find a problem, my cruise doen't work anyway... does anyone know where to source this boss kit?, is it the same as the cressida or supra?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: GZ20 steering wheel conversion Wed, 04 February 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Repco can get in any boss kit
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: GZ20 steering wheel conversion Wed, 04 February 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 04 February 2004 15:49

Repco can get in any boss kit

are you sure? I went to super cheap to get a boss kit for my chasser steering column and they couldn't get one. i was just lucky that an mr2 one fitted. they can only look up oz delivered cars in the books.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: GZ20 steering wheel conversion Wed, 04 February 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats true, but someone at the warehouse will prolly know what boss kit will suit your car.

The MX73 Cressida wasnt listed either, but someone knew it was the same as the Tarago, Corolla and something else, so they just sent that.

It depends on which store you go to, which person you talk to I guess

[Updated on: Wed, 04 February 2004 05:14]

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: GZ20 steering wheel conversion Wed, 04 February 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went to get one through them stupid bstrds Mad

after a week and a half it still wasnt in there so i went to a local parts place they said we'll have it in by tommorow, so i went to get my deposit back the btch argued so i had a winge to the manager at supercrap and got my $20 deposit back and laughed at the bitch on the way out.

got the bosskit the next day as promissed.

Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: GZ20 steering wheel conversion Wed, 04 February 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there were only kids working at the super cheap i went to, So i took a guess on the MR2 one and picked a good one!
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GZ20 steering wheel conversion Thu, 05 February 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So which bosskit fits the GZ20? Are steering wheels all the same bolt pattern or do you have to get a specific one?
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GZ20 steering wheel conversion Thu, 05 February 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the MR2 ones are good for MX83 cressidas too (so ive been told).

you might luck out on the soarer.. its either going to be similar to a MX83 cressie or a MA70 supra.. i forsee toyota saving money by using a standard coloumn over the three models.

I wouldnt really know though.. ive got the JZX90 chaser wheel.. slipped straight on Very Happy
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GZ20 steering wheel conversion Thu, 05 February 2004 13:10 Go to previous message
I might try an MA70 boss kit then! What do you think?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20V AE71 Panel Van or 20v KE30 conversions, need answers
Next Topic:4AGZE into AE86 Parts Pricing
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:44:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053079128265381 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.