Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cozb
Occasional Poster

February 2004
how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Wed, 04 February 2004 16:55 Go to next message
Hi people I am planing to do some run up Mt danny and need some expect to help me to set up a time in a stock standard AE92 cs seca.I have been driving the car for a while ,so I think it is the time to give it a go!

[Updated on: Wed, 04 February 2004 16:56]

Send a private message to this user    
Toy SX
Regular

April 2003

Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Thu, 05 February 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mount Dande. is nothing! Go drive up to Arthurs Seat. That's a pretty awesome drive Smile

I live about 20 mins from Mt. Dande. Usually people go at night 'cos basically no traffic and of course there are the Takumi wannabes Wink

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Fri, 06 February 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look out for a yellow gze sprinter , with ssr wheels , he lives in my street and drives the road everyday .
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Tue, 10 February 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow everyday!
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Wed, 11 February 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I too have made it a habit to drive it everyday. I live 10 minutes away. Convenience dictates that I'd rather hit the Mountain than the Seat.

I reckon we should time it using the Mount Dandenong Tourist Road from the 70 sign at the bottom (where it changes from 60), to the gate to Sky High at the top (that 80's circular restaurant). Reason being is that ... erm...ahem... it is safer on our wallets after that 70 sign.

Perhaps we could post times in the "Victoria" section?

I recommend the Mountain Highway too, it is longer and has less traffic.

Maybe we can meet for some runs too?
StyleSkillSpeed
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Thu, 12 February 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man there seems to great roads to race/timetrial in vic and qld... (mountain raods for uphill and down hill).

any good roads other than OP (old pacific road) that people would like to share...

i know spring road is good...
but is a little short...
i know camanara road is bendy but too many traffic...

anyone know any roads like springwood road...
around sydney please share...
thanks!!
cozb
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Tue, 17 February 2004 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Went to mt danny via the Mountain Highway yesterday,but forgot to record the time.
Well, the road was great but the suspension is just to soft to good fast
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Fri, 20 February 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how bumpy is it??? my suspensions pretty damn stiff
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Sun, 22 February 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i believe the fasted time down dandenong mountains is somewhere around 6 minutes by a honda prelude?
fwiw, i think you'd be stupid to attempt such a thing. i know of a few people who've actually come off the roads; if it weren't for rollcages, they'd be dead.
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Mon, 23 February 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where was this 6 minutes measured from? im sure i can get to the top in like 4 mins?? who knows
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Mon, 23 February 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from top to bottom?
not sure, i'll have to ask.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2004 06:08]

mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Mon, 23 February 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find it hard to believe that a Prelude -despite being a half decent car- has the record time for any road anywhere. There are too many hoons in Subarus to let that happen.
I agree with Steve, I would estimate that my Cressida does a slowpoke-free rough 4 minutes bottom to top on the Tourist Road.

And Clown, it's not bumpy. The Mountain Highway is a great road.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2004 10:10]

LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Mon, 01 March 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've heard of an mx6 doing bottom to top in 6 minute something .. so that downhill record should be topped easy

wouldn't recommend trying it .. not only is there the danger of losing control, but also drunks or animals around blind corners .. and cops on high speed straights.. oh and it's illegal!
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Mon, 01 March 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if thats the same mx6 i know of, it's sitting in the guy's garage being repaired at the moment.. after almost coming off the side of the road. luckily he hit the inside wall.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Mon, 01 March 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys just had to ask... is Mt Danny the Dandenongs???

Coz there is one track up there, and u turn left (as ur going up the mountain) and there are some shops there... and the road is called MOUNTAIN HIGHWAY, and it takes u from the dandenongs all the way to a round about, on the left is Bayswater, going straight takes u to Boronia... Is this the road were thinking about??
Coz i've done it in my dads AE92 CS Sedan (STOCK) in 6-7 minutes....
I was going pretty full out....

Regards

Adrian!!!

[Updated on: Mon, 01 March 2004 12:16]

4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Mon, 01 March 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've done a top to bottom pretty sedately in about 7 minutes. wasn't trying. one of my headlights were fucked and i was on stockies. Still is right no Very Happy a sub 6 minute would be piss easy.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Tue, 02 March 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How fast does that guy whos name starts with T do the mountain in .... Drives the panda trueno ...
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Wed, 03 March 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol. You made me wonder who has a Panda trueno who's name starts with 'T' for 3 seconds there! Smile
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Wed, 03 March 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mic i took you that long ... We both know some wantabees .. don't we ///
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Wed, 10 March 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're all idiots, it's a public forum
STFU
but i guess everyone knows the tourist rd, so maybe i should shut up

keep the great roads secret, it's getting harder and harder to have a pacey drive without the police patroling the area.

keep racing off the streets, by timing yourself on the street you have proved nothing, because no-one will believe you anyway.
if you must don't aim for trees, they hurt

dodgydan

p.s. it's mt dandenong
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Mon, 15 March 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What times do you go cruising around mt dandy? Whenever i go i get stuck behind someone and it kinda ruins the fun :/
And apart from the tourist road, what are some other good roads up there that are good to drive on?
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Tue, 16 March 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it is Mighty dangerous...
I was only doing it in a ae92 CS so it won't be all that fast speeds, maybe 40-50kms at most. and only like 20kms around the corners....
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Tue, 16 March 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mountain highway comes off of the tourist road near that set of shops, its probably a muhc nicer less crowded drive thouhg
Toy SX
Regular

April 2003

Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Tue, 16 March 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mount Dande is nothing. Go drive around Beaconsfield upper for a few hairy moments and Arthur's Seat Twisted Evil

Seriously, if you're going to do something stupid like mountain racing don't take anybody with you and if you crash, try not to hit anyone Wink Better yet, take it to the track it'll be a less costly experience if you happen to run off the road.
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Sun, 21 March 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like Mount Dandy, but Mt Donna Buang is the best. It has all those grouse tight corners like Arthurs Seat except it goes on for MUCH longer. It has many tight dropoffs too- good to sort the men from the ladies.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Sun, 21 March 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I shall hold comment on Mt. Dandy, suffice to say that I live right there, and uhmm, use the road for employment purposes Evil or Very Mad

Aww yeah, Arthur's Seat is great, 'cept it's far too damned short - all the fun is over in about a minute! Cool
Toy SX
Regular

April 2003

Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Sun, 21 March 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you deliver tofu to the Observatory Café? Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 21 March 2004 12:41]

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Fri, 26 March 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had a drive up there tonight, damn its fun Very Happy
Mtn highway is sooo smooth compared to tourist road, and theres awesome views from there as well. I think i hit a possum though, not too sure. Little bugger was sitting ont eh side of the road not moving so i slow down and move over a bit just in case, then just as the front of my car passed him he bolts to the right. so tomorow morning i gota see if i have possum guts all over my car, hopefully not
cozzb
Regular

March 2004
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Sun, 04 April 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SR TWINCAM wrote on Tue, 16 March 2004 22:02

Yeah it is Mighty dangerous...
I was only doing it in a ae92 CS so it won't be all that fast speeds, maybe 40-50kms at most. and only like 20kms around the corners....

i did some run in a AE92 too. I did around 80 at most and somelike 40 round the corners, the shock are far too soft and the bodyroll are far too much
Petes76celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time Tue, 12 October 2004 13:45 Go to previous message
Nah the better roads would have to be the black spur just out past healsville its 100 ks the whole way and still havent seen a cop some real tight windy corners or even the road from belgrave to monbulk done that i think about 6 or 7 minutes depending on no other cars and overtaking room lol Evil or Very Mad
Pete
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE70 Vs some Commadore...
Next Topic:Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:14:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060009956359863 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.