Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 18rg chain guide resurfacing UPDATES

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

18rg chain guide resurfacing UPDATES Mon, 16 February 2004 09:49 Go to next message
ok heres the story so far. The place i have found says they can do it. They have done some for a jag company and thinks they will be basically the same material. Takes about a week though due to I have to prepare them and they take 2 days to cure. Price will probably range from between $50 to $75 a guide but is still heaps cheaper then getting new ones. Is anyone still interested. May take a bit though as i need a sample for them to try and i dont want use one of my guides in case it doesnt work and then i am short one guide, but i dont wanna just use any guide because if it does work then i have to pay for something that is of no use to me. what to do. anyway let me know your thoughts peeps.
  Send a private message to this user    
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: 18rg chain guide resurfacing UPDATES Mon, 16 February 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last time I checked (6 months ago) the top chain guide was around NZ$80 including freight from Japan. May be a cheaper option.

Callum
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 18rg chain guide resurfacing UPDATES Mon, 16 February 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got priced $175 hence the reason for resurfacing them
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 18rg chain guide resurfacing UPDATES Mon, 16 February 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best quote I've had is $150, so even if they're $75 each that's half price. I'm still interested!
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: 18rg chain guide resurfacing UPDATES Tue, 17 February 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isn't the bottom chain tensioner (attached to the block, has a spring on one side of it and with a bit of imagination kind of looks like a golf club face.) the same in all 18r's thus you could steal one from a wreckers out of an 18rc (probably 2 bucks) and it is small and required on all 18r's(g or c or otherwise). so if you need it regardless and they are impressively easy to find at a wreckers and cheap, then this might be a suitable test case?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 18rg chain guide resurfacing UPDATES Tue, 17 February 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The lower tensioner and guides are available new for a pretty reasonable price; it's only the upper ones which are ridiculously expensive.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 18rg chain guide resurfacing UPDATES Tue, 17 February 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a fucked upper guide spare if u want to use it, i dont need it
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 18rg chain guide resurfacing UPDATES Wed, 18 February 2004 08:48 Go to previous message
yeah i might grab that off ya phil. Have been waiting to get one before i go any further. Its three guides all up that cost alot isnt it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need desperate help
Next Topic:Roll cage
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:10:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057690143585205 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.