Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

RA65 vs RA60 Fri, 09 August 2002 11:20 Go to next message
Hey Guys,
Whats the diff between a RA65 and a RA60??
I've beening thinking about getting one of these, but unsure which one to go for...

plans are to drop in a 1g-gte...

From what i've read this is a fairly simple conversion...
Any this i should be on the look out for in one of these celica's?

Thanks,
CamZH
  Send a private message to this user    
Dragunov_RA60
Regular

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Fri, 09 August 2002 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The RA60 is 2L Carby (with pop forward headlights). RA65 is 2.4L EFI with popup headlights and I THINK they came (or were available with) IRS? It means they're a bit heavier as far as I know. And the RA65 had better brakes than the RA60 I've heard.

Look out for tailgate rust(!!).

[Updated on: Fri, 09 August 2002 11:37]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: RA65 vs RA60 Fri, 09 August 2002 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They have different front ends (RA60 has the lay back lights while the RA65 had the proper pop up lights).

The RA65 has IRS. Which also means that it's heavier.

The brakes are the same. 10" ventilated fronts and 10" rear drums.

I think there are a few interior differences too.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Sun, 11 August 2002 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra65 had a 22re motor and a ra60 had a 21rc, which in my opinion is a waste of metal even when used as a boat anchor

the ra65 in mine and most peoples opinions have a sexier front due to the difference in the REAL popup headlights not the shitty layback pop forward style in the ra60

interiors are mostly better in ra65's as most ra60's had cloth and ra65's have either cloth/velour or as mine vinyl/velour

and then theres the IRS that the ra65's got which makes a hell of a lot of difference with hardened suspension it is great offroad/tarmac

cheers

wayne
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: RA65 vs RA60 Sun, 11 August 2002 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both 22R-E and 21R-C are boat anchors. The best mod you can do to them is remove them from the car... Wink

I don't really see the advantage of the IRS in the RA65. The ride might be slightly better, but the weight disadvantage plus the problems with lowering are huge turn offs in my mind.

The RA65 front is much better though.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Sun, 11 August 2002 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The pop-ups on the RA65 are much nicer in my opinion.

I don't think the interiors are that much nicer if at all in the ones I've been in, you'd really like a Mk2 Supra interior anyway, because most of the panelling is or a higher quality anyway.

The IRS is supposed to be more composed on rougher stuff, with a slightly nicer ride. I don't actually think the weight difference could be that much. On a smooth road the RA65 can't corner any harder than an RA60, but once the road gets worse you may notice. Both I've found are awesome on gravel, being able to pretty much point them where you want.

If I were you, I'd just get a RA65 or even an SA63 for the conversion.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Sun, 11 August 2002 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRS really shines on a bumpy road. I've never driven an RA60, but the difference between my RA23 and MA61 is like chalk and cheese when it comes to the rough stuff. The RA23 has the better handling on a smooth road, but show it some mid-corner bumps and things get ugly in a hurry! The Supra on the other hand just wiggles its bum a bit and keeps going.

Don't get me wrong, a well-sorted live axle can be made to work very nicely indeed, but well-sorted IRS is going to have the upper hand.
Dragunov_RA60
Regular

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Sun, 11 August 2002 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must be the only person ever to prefer the RA60 front Freak
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Sun, 11 August 2002 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't prefer the RA60 front, but I definetly don't mind it as much as some of the people on here do.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to add my voice, and say the RA60 is one of the worst designs toyota have made (sorry nark). 65 front end is just dam sexy, especially in the coupe shape Rolling

Also, i now know to appreciate IRS Laughing
it just holds the road better, feels more planted and is just a dream to drive after u get out of a live axle car.
So ye, to me the extra weight is worth it.

But you have to remember that parts for the 65 front are rare already, and can only get worse in years to come.

cheers

[Updated on: Mon, 12 August 2002 00:20]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon7.gif  Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually to me, the RA60 front is the third worst Toyota design. It comes behind the RA40 liftback and, the mother of them all, the RA6x coupe. *shudder*

I've never driven an IRS RA6x so I can't really comment, but I can tell you that I still have the stock 3.5" speakers in my car because anything larger will add weight... So weight is pretty important to me. The IRS would have to be superiour all the time for me to want it, 'coz from what I've heard, there's a huge weight difference.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe maybe my tastes are just biased by the fact that i used to own a 65 coupe Rolling
to me a 65 coupe with tinted windows, clean ass paint (silver of course Razz ) and some modest 16 inch rims and a slight lowering job to improve its lowered nose stance... hmmmm with maybe 1g propulsion... *drool*

ok i have weird tastes, so sue me. Laughing

Cheers
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the RA6x coupe is ugly, I distinctly remember starting a flame or 2 a few months back with that statement Smile reminds me of an exa's unsexy rear end.
I dont know why everyone is raving so hard about the IRS tho... the extra weight in the back of the car is appreciated by me, but my back still tens to swing out when i hit a bump going hard into a corner. Although my idea of hard and everyone else's may be slightly different Smile
the 22R is a slightly better engine... it's heavier, but if you take the cat off it it produces a bit more power than the ra60.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not that I'd do something illegal like take the cat off, of course Rolling
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 12 August 2002 2:07 PM

but my back still tens to swing out when i hit a bump going hard into a corner.

Dude, you should feel a mid corner bump in my car...

Although if an RA65 was lowered 2", mid corner bumps would prolly be way worse...
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, consider this...

I got an RA65 because I wanted a car that no one would want to

1) break into
2) scratch
3) look at

i.e. I think they are pretty ugly cars !!

BUT the main reason I got mine was to make it a Stealth Mobile ... so go figure ! ARGH
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont mind mine at all... liftback makes the bum look sexier, and my rubber boot ornament makes it look better yet
basically I'm just in love with my baby, and won't hear anybody knockin' her looks Smile
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree that the rear end, and the overall design is similar to an exa (but ones a piece of shite, ones a hoon mobile. u decide which) but... theres something about the grown up exa look... hehe

i used to think that an obese person sat on the boot of the prototype 65 coupe, hence the shape of the lights. But after a while.. it grew on me, or maybe i had a comparatively nice example to begin with...
i darno, whatever rocks ur world i guess.

Cheers
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
having owned both ra60 and ra65's i can say for sure i noticed no difference at all on a smooth road with stock suspension but once both were lowered/hardened susp. the ra65 definatly could corner way harder and on gravel it was awesome esp 1st gear 90km/h (thats with a few mods to the motor of course)

the 22re definatly pulls harder from the lights and the stock wheels are just too shit in the wet, i remember never being able to take off without wheelspin with 215 tyres

if a engine swap is in mind then id get a ra65 as it has EFI already so the fuel lines tank etc. make it easier for an upgrade

im picking up my new cam later this week as well as a microtech ECU and once i fit the vortech blower and rx7 injectors i hope to achieve low 13 second quarter miles.....recently before i buggerised my last head i ran a 14.98 which isnt too bad for a 22re powered ra65 with a mildy worked motor, on a STOCK computer with 15inch street tyres (215x60) and all trim

if anyone wants more details, feel free to email me on jemima@winshop.comand i will do my best to help

cheers
wayne
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad85 wrote on Mon, 12 August 2002 5:37 PM

esp 1st gear 90km/h (thats with a few mods to the motor of course)

Err... How is this possible? Unless you're revving out to 14,000rpm or you've changed 1st gear.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it's slightly more believable than a 14-second quarter mile with a "mildly worked" 22R! Freak
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, my 22r would be lucky to pull a 16 sec quarter!
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im using a supra diff rebuilt with lower ratio gears

norbie ill bring my time card along next celica club meeting, see you there
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just been running some numbers... if your car weighs 1100kg (VERY optimistic for an RA65), you need approximately 170hp to get into the 14's. That's more than a 5M-GE, and not much less than a 6M-GE! See why I'm having problems with this concept?

I'm not saying a 22R can't develop that much power, but it doesn't qualify as "mildly worked" when the power output has increased by more than 50%...

FWIW a 1200kg car with 120hp will run a low 17, which is about right for a stock RA65.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just been running some more numbers (ET calculators are fun!), and if we assume my Supra weighs 1300kg and a boosted 2JZ with a big exhaust and cooler is good for 350hp...

... I should be able to run a 12.3! Holy crap!!
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a bit of a breakdown on the motor in question was ported with oversize valves (+1mm) cam was 294/304 crane copy with 12mm lift....double valve springs (hardened, of course) and was using 210cc age injectors these later proved unusable and opted for 250cc type, i have played around with the AFM as much as i can without changing the ECU but this was inevitable sooner or later with a bigger cam and injectors not to mention the blower

also the AFM was a 5me or 5mge (?) it is slightly bigger than a stock 22re AFM and the exhaust im using is straight through 2.5 inch from 4-2-1 custom made extractors into a dynomax super turbo (actual name, believe it or not) which dumps at the diff, but changing this into coming out near the back wheel when i get around to designing some skirts which dont look to rice to incorporate this exhaust (like a v8 supercar)

seeya
wayne
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i think of midly worked as head work only no piston swapping or boring etc.

i suppose it is a tad more than mild
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys,
As Les said.
Quote:

I got an RA65 because I wanted a car that no one would want to

1) break into
2) scratch
3) look at

Thats my idea also Smile
Maybe i should go for a RA60 coupe...
i think everyone agrees they are the most hideous Toyota ever...

Speaking of ET's how do the 1g-gte RA-60's go??

CamZH

PS, whats the diff between the RA's and the SA'? just the motor??

Dragunov_RA60
Regular

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is my car hideous?

http://users.bigpond.net.au/njms_area/celica-front .jpg

Cos if your average joe on the street looks and thinks 'ewww' then maybe I can use this to my advantage somehow..... dunno how but I'm sure there's a way. Make it deceivingly quick... I dunno. Well at least I dont need to worry about security hey?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think that looks that bad at all...certainly better than the coupe's of either series. I think the only difference with SA was the engines, be it 1S or 2S
Astro
Regular

August 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unlike most people, I prefer the RA60 front over the RA65 one. In fact I reckon it one of the nicest Celica shapes ever, but that's just my opinion.

Dragunov, your car looks damn nice.
Dragunov_RA60
Regular

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey thanks, it's my first car so I see it through different eyes to most (bit like a lovesick puppy Heart)

btw do you have an RA60, Astro?
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The SA63's came out with a 2SC
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are also SA63's (none were Oz delivered) which came with 1S-C
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont like the RA6x coupes - they look like Exa's on steroids - the bum is huts plain UUUUGLY! did someone take a cleaver to the bum ????? CHOP! no curves - no class

RA6X coupes i dont mind at all - 60's or 65s .. I think narks looks like a mean sleeper - in typical 80's style , Dragonovs looks nice with the supra 15's - and the MA61's - Well - what can i say about them - A meaner nose - the nice 80's square bum , and the flares just make it look like one mean sonofabitch ..

Interior wise they are bad .. If i ever get the keys to my dads ma61 - the first thing ill be doing before ANY modifications to the drivetrain - is to retrim the interior a nice shade of dark Grey or black .. the burgandy red is just *&^%king awful - reminds me of my grandpas cardigan - totally unsuiting for a car of that pedigree and class ..

Still - i think the nicest celicas EVER designed were the original ta22's , the st185 GT4 group A , and the RA28 ..

All three look AWESOME with stock wheels flinged - a nice set of alloys + rubber to full up the guards - and the ride height dropped a few inches.

My 5 cents worth
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW Hope I dont insult anyone !?!??! Question

as I said - those were the reasons I bought the Celica !!

I have no doubt that these cars would look DAMMMM nice with some work done to them i.e. the maroon one from the States as someone posted up before !! Smiley =

BUTTTTT if left stock, both ra60 & 65's look shietes ! Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 12 August 2002 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique, not all the interiors look bad. I admit, I think the burgundy is quite possibly the most ugly colour I've ever seen...
Both my cars have a different variation of the black interior and they look nice! Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the RA6x fastbacks from the firewall back look great.

Now that I've got the wheels and it's sitting lower, I actually enjoy looking at it... Smile

The wheels were a nice surprise package. I just bought them for the extra grip. 17's were far from ideal, and I thought the mags looked ugly when I first saw them. But once they went on the car, something magical happened. Up To Something

Now it's got a nice hunched over, ready to pounce stance which is very reminiscent of the 300ZX.

Looks tough. Which is a Good Thing(TM).

[Updated on: Tue, 13 August 2002 00:14]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puhlease !!!!!!!!

Hey this car is deserving more mention than it rightly should !!!
What is going wrong ?!?!

Nod Twisted Evil Wink

OH MAX

Sorry to bother u with this again - your rims are 17 x 7.5 right?
whats the offset, rubber size etc

is the offset correct for the car, or its not but youve put them mags on anyway ?

[Updated on: Tue, 13 August 2002 00:33]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark - theres something about those wheels that just REALLY suit the 60 you have - hence why it looks so nice for a 60 Smile

Re interiors - i REALLY dont like the burgandy - the blue is tolerable - and i havent seen the black yet ( im imagining collingwood colours

Dads supras got a near immaculate interior - hardly a mark on it - and those seats are super comfy ! I dont like the way the dashboards made up - looks a little too boxy - but then again - all 80's cars form that era had them ( XE falcons have a similar dash cluster )

Id love to just recolour the whole lot in the supra to a grey or black - as i think it would make the car look more modern for one - and would suit the red paint
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les, it looks better than a Lancer..... hehehe

And, yeah, they're 17x7.5 with a RWD offset. Don't know what it is exactly though.
Got 215/40R17s up front and 235/45R17s out back. 215/45R17s on the front scraped. There's plenty of room to the guards in the rear though.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
!?!?

you would choose a Celica over the shape of a Lancer ! wheres your taste gone Max !!

RWD offset ey ??

argh - hardass to find
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I said, the RA60 has a good stance.

The Lancer looks OK but is kinda bland and undistinguishable from a lot of other cars. And because it's a family car, it sits too high. Big high bubble roof...

I'm not saying that the RA60 is pretty, but it's got the right buldges in the right places to make it look tough and purposeful. Or maybe I'm just biased.
I really did hate the look of the RA60, but the shape has certainly grown on my through the years.

And, yeah, I was ecstatic when I found my mags. Very rare to find 4x114.3 in a RWD offset. And they were soooOOoo damn cheap!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A lancer ????

Does it have the fully Siiiiiiic bodykit and the fake Evo Bonnet ???

maaate - my bro's lancer does 10's with the ralliart stickaz and the subbies pumpin !
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with Nark, I love the shape of the RA6X....much nicer than any Lancer.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank - is that your supra in your avatar ?

Any chance of seeing the same pic in a larger form - just curious to what it looks like in better detail

Stuart
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately dude, I wish it was my car. Its actually some other picture I have grabbed off the net. I got sick of the other picture with the L-Type front.

I can put it up somewhere for you to get the full pic when I get back on my computer k dude?
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMHO narks wheels suck, i mean the star shape is so common and the stroke of the star is so chunky its stupid, may as well put on shopping trolley wheels, it couldnt look any worse !

as for ra6x interiors sucking well, just as much as ra40's or any other 80's car around that period, its nothing like the 'leather look' of a ta22 but that wasnt popular back then, but unisex mullets and big hoop earings were, especially polka dots they friggin ruled the 80's on womens dresses and such

hey stuart, did you see my interior ?...the red and black leather ?...whatd you really think of that, i remember you saying my car looks good, funny what people really think comes out on the net not face to face (obviously you didnt want to offend, dont worry im still not) about you not liking the coupe shape !!

something i heard today....whats the difference between a guy with tattoos and a guy with no tattoos, the guy with the tattoos dosnt give a fuck if the other guy dosnt have any tattoos

might be something for everyone to think about !
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That doesn't change the fact that the RA6x coupes are ugly. hehehe
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amen hehehe
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

A lancer ????

Does it have the fully Siiiiiiic bodykit and the fake Evo Bonnet ???

maaate - my bro's lancer does 10's with the ralliart stickaz and the subbies pumpin !

Stuart

Well this one has all u mentioned ¡V only real ... so seriously which do u prefer Question

This „³ http://www.lancerregister.com/mem-evo4to6/image.ht ml?jerryflint1.jpg

or the RA6x ? Laughing

No bias now - just base ur like/dislike purely on what you see here

In my opinion - the Lancer just exudes good looks and its presence is second to none (cept supra/gtr/viper etc etc)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont mind the look of EVOs, as generally they look angry and purposeful ... they dont try to be a beautiful car, they're all buisness
but lancers? I'm with max... there's 2 types... ricers trying to be like evos, and boring stockers
I'm not saying the RA6x is an eepecially beautiful car (well, compared to a MKIV supra or 300zx) but it does look angry, in a nicely old school way
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no denying the EVO is a tough looking device. Ultimately it still has the underlying profile of a small boring Japanese sedan. IMO, the EVO looks better, but the RA6X has a nicer profile.

But you don't own an EVO anyway, so why did you bring it up? I think all the A6X lot, both Celica's and Supra's look tough.

The coupe doesn't count... No No No
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the horniness of the Evo is from the fact that it's got balls and all the stuff sticking out of the body are there for a pure purpose. Nothing to do with what the car looks like...

If you get my meaning.

ie: It looks good. But not from aesthetic reasons. It looks good because it's super fast and conjures up images of flying through a slipper forest trail.
`Cuda
Regular

June 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I own a RA65 coupe an I like it as it's differant

Low 2 inch /Fat 9 inch rear rubber /Loud 2 1/4 system just as anyone that's been on a cruise i've been
on Evil or Very Mad
The 22R-E is a stronge motor but unfortunatly the one we got over here cant be as modified as hard as the U.S one's. The IRS is ok but would rather a RA60 rear that way i could modifi a
9 inch Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 13 August 2002 10:27]

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umm.. everybody... the IRS might be heavier but has a lower unsprung weight. Solid axcels have a higher unsprung weight. Also puts the power down more evenly. Somehting to think about.

'Cuda - why can't our 22REs be modded more than the US ones? Sure we got the 85 tall deck version (slighlty higher comp ratio, different head etc) but we DIDN'T get the TCCS efi. We basically got an '85 US engine with the '84 EFI. So No knock sensor and somehwere inbetween an 84 and 85 US engine perfromance wise. The older analog EFI we got is a lot easier to tweak though - the computer lets you go further mod-wise, and the fact we have no o2 sensor might make tuning even easier.
BTW Nice car. got any more pics/info for me?

Draven - why did your ra65 come with a Cat? Mine didn't. We were on leaded petrol in '85, which is why our 22REs don't come with o2 sensors. Leaded petrol cars generally didn't come out with cats!!

While we're on the subject of good looking cars... I generally don't like the look of the later Skylines that much, and so many people down here put stupid bodykits on them to tart them up and make them look crap and ricey, but last weekend I saw this really really nice one. Was white, had a bodykit that complemented it rather than looking ugly, didn't look rice but really suited the car. Had gold rims on and a carbon hood too.

Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rekon all the RA6 series look futt bugly unless they have a real nice clean paint job, lowered a tad and those god awful stock toyta mag wheels thrown to the shitter. but he that is just my opinion. My RA40 looks like a bit of a shitter too but its getting there.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a LOT of cars look nicer lowered a tad with wider wheels!!

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

hey stuart, did you see my interior ?...the red and black leather ?...whatd you really think of that, i remember you saying my car looks good, funny what people really think comes out on the net not face to face (obviously you didnt want to offend, dont worry im still not) about you not liking the coupe shape !!

i like your interior - but i think it would be better in the hatch ..
the coupes are different thats for sure - but IMHO that nose belongs with a hatch .. the lines add up then. If it was me owning your car id keep the interior as is it looks nice - change the wheels to a 5 spoke design to open them up , add a nice bootlid spoiler of some sort and drop it on its guts . maybe bodycode the bumpers too to match up

dont have a coronary or anything - this is a place to express oppinions + debate - its like my car - i HATE the stock seats in it - and the acres of black vinyl are hell in summer . Thats one reason i got the prelude buckets + plan on retrimming the doorskins + rear seat in a more modern manner while retaining the original lines ..

Gunna do the headlining too - but it all comes down to money of which i have short supply of ..

Frank - a full size pic would be awesome - Might have a look at a similar set of wheels and try to convince dad to buy em so i can have his mk2 alloys for the ta22 Smile
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hey guys,
I think Narks wheels scuk too! Razz (no offence Nark)
But then agian i love the look of my big old V8 Fords.

As for evos i think they look like they are straight out of comic books (no a good thing imho)

But as for body kits i feels it should be go before show.. Up To Something

CamZH
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AC idle high
Next Topic:Driving Lights
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:43:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087890625 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.