Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 06:54 Go to next message
Heard bits and pieces of "incidents" going to, during and leaving the Dubbo expedition. Things like Norbie being kicked in the nuts by a Kangaroo Dressed in drag, FLYNSX's car being hit by The Stitt on a dare driven rampage. Etc.

Would someone like to clear up the muddled reports I'm getting??

I'm glad everyone got back relativly unscathed (besides egos)

Wish I was there... Ah well next year....
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Tue, 13 April 2004 14:54

Things like Norbie being kicked in the nuts by a Kangaroo Dressed in drag

Bit of a stretch, but I reckon you could say that Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.........must.... shut..... mouth......

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah go on Ya Bastards Evil or Very Mad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 13 April 2004 15:12

.........must.... shut..... mouth......

Go on mate, not even you can hold this one back...."JT Racing can't turn corners"....

Go toymods! Smile
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-FLYNSX hit a kangaroo...
-Norbie got kicked in the nuts by an un-named female (same female whose tank top is being worn by Stidt in that infamous photo)
-8th Sin blew their whole NO2 bottle due to poor transport and storage of said substance
-JT Racing can't turn corners or keep their car straight on the drag strip Razz
-Jason found a new way to blueprint his exhaust manifold on the concrete path
-Norbie believes that the Toyota Nationals is not an appropriate time to obtain an erection
-The Gemini got hit by a P plater on the way back from the drags
-Some bastard stole Jamies digital camera (please advise Grant the organiser if you know anything about this)

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glen (from JT Racing) brought his Gemini with turbo 2.6L along unsorted, rebuilt the engine the Thursday night, went racing on Sunday and on the way home he tried to have a head on with a local (I think that she beat him at the drags) and to cut a long story short, it was a simple case of road rage.

Damage report - broken side mirror (some imbedded just above his right eye) a very damaged rear quarter panel, dented pillar (where her mirror hit) and dented pride. Dead-set lucky to be alive. Car was panel beaten to perfection with a large ball-pein hammer, and if facilities allowed, he would have painted it in 2 pack in the car park of the Matilda.

Glen if you read this - I think that it was good work (the driving, not the panel repair).

No responsibility will be taken for the accuracy of this report.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shite, i didnt know about the gem. it was a quick little mofo Smile
pimp1j
Regular

November 2003
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats with JT racing getting slag'd... ive seen these boys drive around corners and around race tracks and they could sure as hell beat most of the guys that slag them off who haven't even seen a race track.

whats with the bitching... we ask for good reports from the nationals for those who could not go...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jamie would know what the JT racing things about...

We were all just mucking around on friday or saturday night (i.e. Toymods & Jamie)
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You want good reports? Good reports? That WAS an accurate report. The Navara WAS all over the track because the dude couldn't keep it in a straight line!

As for the JT Racing guys...take one Supra, a car with a SHITHOUSE turning circle, add one locked diff, the result? A car with an even more shithouse turning circle that takes 10 times to get into a parking spot. The fact they are quick around a track is a testament to their driving (well, some of them) and the fact they have uber power.

Add to this the fact JT himself got uber cut when receiving a ribbing about this, and you'll understand why it was so damn funny...more so when Norbie chopped him.

As for JT...DUDE, it was a joke, build a bridge and don't storm off in a huff next time. No need to take it out on the Navara by swerving all over the track! Laughing

TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya,

the navara was all over the track, but you get that with 460 rwhp in an untried chassis, that was part of the idea of running there...

i think part of Jamies prob on the fore mentioned night was he was being harassed by a whole lot of people who didnt even race, plus he is a member and regular participant at the tamworth sporting club (circuit racing).

I know our cars came on trailers, but with cars recently have had lots of mods and no time to test, it was the sensible optiuon when you are prepared to actually DRIVE the shit out of your car instead of giving reasons for not giving it your all...
as a side not both my celica and jamies ute are our daily drivers.

As for the gemini, looks like all will be good and fixed soon - very lucky boy!!!!

Stew
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOY77 wrote on Tue, 13 April 2004 19:36

i think part of Jamies prob on the fore mentioned night was he was being harassed by a whole lot of people who didnt even race, plus he is a member and regular participant at the tamworth sporting club (circuit racing).

Haha, i would call it far from harassment!! A simple sarcastic joke about cornering. "At least our cars can turn corners".

Now if thats harassment, then some people need to grow a thicker skin.

I dragged all day long and was happy to nail the launch as hard as possible, with the very little traction available. I then drove the car back home and yes my cars handling is unreal, but sheer power will make something fast around a racetrack.

And yes, i was apart of this group that was the so called group "harassing" JT.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No damage to the Corolla thankfully, although as mentioned in other threads the bugs were a nuisance. Getting tailed back to the Motel by an off duty cop was a bit of a worry as well!! Confused

As for this whole Toymods/JT thing that seems to be going on in all these threads.. Seriously guys, leave it alone. It's one of those things that has the potential to make all Toymodders look like a bunch of dickheads. No No No

Light-hearted banter is one thing, but saying things about someone who doesn't even frequent these forums is pretty low IMO.
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, nasty bugs was bad, and the 200 dollar fine for missing the hungry jacks turn off sucked as well. poor lil 162.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Tue, 13 April 2004 20:47

It's one of those things that has the potential to make all Toymodders look like a bunch of dickheads. No No No

lol

thats funny
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am a dickhead. Cool
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Tue, 13 April 2004 20:47

It's one of those things that has the potential to make all Toymodders look like a bunch of dickheads. No No No

In so many cases it is too late. Im not perfect and i dont pretend to be, but the amount of gooses that get on (and are still here) Toymods is a joke.

Anyway back to main topic, good mate of mine lost/totalled a wheel bearing (very near killed him and his passengers)60kms before getting to Dubbo, what a bitch. It took us 3-1/2 16hr days to get it ready.

Theres always next year.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is what stopped us (me & wilbo) at Warwick...

the pic was taken >30secs after we pulled over so the manifold had cooled down a bit. You can still see a red glow from the exhaust ports at 2 & 3 but but the time this was taken 1 & 4 had cooled down a fair bit. The turbine housing had also cooled a bit as it was a bright red/white colour when bonnet first popped. Even the metal face/flange of the manifold around the exhaust ports was glowing red:
http://members.optushome.com.au/mkhala/red_celica/pictures/mostly_warm.jpg

we had been cruising at about 110K and engine was betwen 10mm/hg and 1psi boost depending on terrain. Outside air-temps were cool, it being about 10pm.

If you think we're shitting you, here's the melted heat-wrap - turned into fabric-textured glass:
http://members.optushome.com.au/mkhala/red_celica/pdfs/RA40-april%2004-part2/Pictures-Images/1.jpg

not visible was all this oil on the wastegate - it started burning at one point so it's safe to assume that an engine bay fire was not much further down the road - the drain hose (7/8" black hydraulic hose) had cracked just below exit pipe on turbo.
http://members.optushome.com.au/mkhala/red_celica/pdfs/RA40-april%2004-part1/RA40-april%2004-part1-Images/22.jpg
you can also see flame/oil stain on the middle pic on the round flange that connects wastegate to manifold.

this all count as damage? Razz Embarassed
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Tue, 13 April 2004 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 13 April 2004 21:35

i am a dickhead. Cool

That was BlackSupra.

But anyways, the whole point is that none of this was serious, yet it appears some people can't take a joke.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Wed, 14 April 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My diff broke on the way home .. $80 for a 5min tow from Seven Hills to Anthonys garage.
Thanks Anthony for the use of garage and spare diff centre!

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Wed, 14 April 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was deeply affected by the obvious misfortune that norbies supra sustained on its way to dubbo. Of course noone would allow a "fast" car to get into such a state of disaray

It appears as though he has been traveling for several years to get there, stopping only to allow homeless people to make a home in it,... very charitable.

You should have got them to at least take the stuffing that they exposed with them when they left!

Jokes Razz

ps . Norbie
a Current Affair want an interview mate, they have council regulations about garbage tips.

Razz
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Wed, 14 April 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car is a shit-tin... no joke about that! It is a cheap and very fast shit-tin though so I still like it. Razz

And if you think that is bad, you should see my other car! Laughing
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Wed, 14 April 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 14 April 2004 11:13

My car is a shit-tin... no joke about that! It is a cheap and very fast shit-tin though so I still like it. Razz

And if you think that is bad, you should see my other car! Laughing

Having followed you to the drags on Sunday, I can vouch for the fact that it is a fast shit-tin...
Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Wed, 14 April 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paul, all this was mostly going on while 90% of the toymods crew was out at dinner. It was all harmless fun with us throwing jokes/slags and jamie returning them.... its was cool Smile And i hope Jamie knows that, as most of the JT racing guys know its fun Razz

Anyway.. im going to leave the topic be, since no one has really been able to see that it's all a big joke and just a lot of fun.

Really i think those cars all have some serious stonking ability, and i nearly thought the arse end of that navara was going to overtake the front the first time jamie ran it - that was cool!

As for damage, all of mine was done on thursday night. Then i damaged my brain until monday arvo.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Wed, 14 April 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

My diff broke on the way home .. $80 for a 5min tow from Seven Hills to Anthonys garage.
Thanks Anthony for the use of garage and spare diff centre!

r u kidding? damn, i still have 1 of anthony's diff centers in my car from the trip, i totally forgot it was there (if u pm me your address ill drop it back in anthony)
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Wed, 14 April 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only damaged myself with the heavy drinking on Friday. I would also like to say sorry to the people under room 305. If we kept u up or for any other reasons.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Wed, 14 April 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuckster

that exhuast wrap stuff typically melts at about 600C, as i found out when sticking it a freinds furnace at uni.. oops...

goes all toffee-like Wink

so, time for some decent HPC coating?

Cya, Stewart

gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Wed, 14 April 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Wed, 14 April 2004 17:20

r u kidding? damn, i still have 1 of anthony's diff centers in my car from the trip

Ahhh the joys of owning a 1G celica, I've got hundreds of the things lying around....none of them any good but at least one of them got Joel home.

The spare by the way was actually for Joel. I was foolishly under the ussumption that my recently installed F series diff would be up to the task and spent all day sunday listening to a mysterious rattle. It hasn't fallen out yet..... Rolling Eyes Confused

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Wed, 14 April 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only damage my car suffered (apart from the swarm of locust hits) was the stain BigWorm left in my passenger seat after cutting an overtaking maneouvre too close on the Bells Line. Embarassed
Damn Pensioners with Winnebaggoes. Mad
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Wed, 14 April 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99 wrote on Wed, 14 April 2004 11:25

Having followed you to the drags on Sunday, I can vouch for the fact that it is a fast shit-tin...
Smile

Heheh... I noticed the Cressida was struggling to keep up on a few of those overtaking maneuvers. It went pretty well though! Smile
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Thu, 15 April 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damage??
my celica (st185) kinda caught on fire friday arvo on the way to dubbo
what happened?
brand new oil line split spraying directly on to manifold
and the rest is history.
am i happy? no Sad
am i broke? gonna be Sad
still had a good weekend when i got there Smile
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Thu, 15 April 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, and by the way, thanks for putting my fire out Neil, and I love you no end for risking life and limb to save your car that has one to many diffs for a real man, and thanks for driving through the bugs three times to make phone calls to get your car home. Very Happy

I think I was magnet for problems on the weekend. First Troys car(GT4) catches on fire 60km outside Dunnedoo, then Glen (Gemni) near on has a head on collision 15m in front of me on the way back from the drags, and Monday morning checking the fuilds in my car (Red RA40) found some oil in the water. Confused
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Thu, 15 April 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ok
thanks neil for helping me put out the fire
(i owe you an extinguisher refill)
lucky you were there at the time and a champion effort getting help for me Very Happy
i'll return the favour someday (but preferably not puting out a fire) Laughing
also 321CYA i owe thanks to for driving out with a trailer to pick me up
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Thu, 15 April 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tried to warn you guys about the "toymuda triangle" that exists out dunedoo way.... didnt you realise that your gt4 bled to death only minutes from where we stopped to help the corolla with the fuel pump prob? wooooooooooooooooooooooo
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Fri, 16 April 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys .im not even entering the bagging thing.

Newcastle boys spend all weekend bagging each other ......HEY andy!!! ...i had a grudge for this year ...

Beat andys time from last year of 8.78 ........did it 8.58 nananaaaaananaaaaa Twisted Evil

Beat andy( big sinlge 1j) .....almost did it ...same time 8.58
heheheeeeeee stock turbos rock Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

If its all in good fun then

i will quote as many of the baggings i heard all weekend .actually most of them are mine!!!!!!

NOTE these where all JOKES in good fun Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

o.k "jt racing cant turn corners "

"Toymods are slow" - only 2 cars in the top 10

"celicamads arse needs surgery" read that as you may

" its amazing The grandpa car is so fast with your fat arse in it " aimed at me

"your room looks like a terrorist attack" my room

"your room smells like a giant fart" actually im proud of that one Rolling Eyes

"stock turbos rock" .....well this year anyway

"norbie has more excuses than a polititcian"

"dave mc niel looks like grounds keeper willy from the simpsons"

"stitt looks good in drag" maybe that explains my arse thing .....definatley kidding Laughing

"NOS is no good at dubbo" especially when its empty

"commodores suck"....suck me along the drag strip ..i ran my fastest time next to craig ..oh well at least its a 1j

"It might be quick but its still a fucking Nissan" this applies to several cars

"preperation is what its all about .cable ties and electrical tape dont win races" im not sure who that was aimed at but i like it

There ive official shit stirred as many people as i can
get over kids (this mean evryone).
Anyone that feels they have not been sufficiently bagged please send details to my email i will endeavour to give you as much shit as possible

Ps my body is for sale

PPs So at the end of the weekend the only damage was a pair of my undies and Andys pride ......bite me andy...i still luv you

ppps Evryone that helped out a mate on the weekend needs to give themselves a pat on the back

Jason did a fuel pump run
joey drove 2 hours and back to pick troy up
Neil put troys fire out
im sure there are plenty others thanks to anyone that helped out

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2004 03:33]

3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Fri, 16 April 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Paul, who needs enemys when we have a friend like you. Cool

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2004 04:03]

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Fri, 16 April 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooops i almost forgot to bag you Neil thanx for reminding me

now
"oil goes in the engine water in the radiator!!!!!" Twisted Evil

nah thats just plain nasty . hard luck mate Very Happy
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Fri, 16 April 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still haven't even looked for a reason why yet. Maybe head gasket, maybe head bolts ?

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2004 05:38]

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sat, 17 April 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Fri, 16 April 2004 12:24

"Toymods are slow" - only 2 cars in the top 10

get over kids (this mean evryone).

Paul - point 1. It's a good thing - OR Toymods would have taken all of the trophies (any one got Nabil's number Confused ) But where in the top 10 did they come - I got up in the top 10 somewhere with 2 valves per cylinder and 1800cc.

Point 2 - I was never into kids, so I cannot see why I need to get over them Laughing

Jase
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sun, 18 April 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought it was very sad about the Kangaroo being run over (wondering if anyone rang any relatives) ..... (Looks up skippys number) Crying or Very Sad Not.....
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sun, 18 April 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trust me Jase i didnt say that .i actually think that was top 8 around qulifying time .
it certainly got a bite from a certain toymodder .

i love seeing the bar get raised every year (please dont run with that one!!)
cant wait to see what you guys come up with for next year . i know getting my but kicked last year motorvated me yes i spelt that correctly MOTORVATE ...........hey andy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

oh official top ten place will be posted in the next week or so .sorry but we have to wait for judging sheets from dubbo city car club .that way we can post times for time cards that where not handed in

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sun, 18 April 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
although rumours of what was done to skippy after the impact are still circulating .
Not everyone was sure what was meant when asked "what about skippy???"
the reply was "fuck skippy!!!!" ...i certainly hope not!! Laughing(jokes)
personally i hope he died a slow painful death .( bloody stupid overpopulated furry ferral crop eating bastards)
or spent all day picking off blue paint and glitter
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sun, 18 April 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skippy went to the Desperate And Dateless Ball that night looking his faggiest ever... He walked in the door of the local hall covered in glitter and looking all pretty... Although got commented on the lifelike detailing on his chest of Pirelli footprints Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sun, 18 April 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul, of course we will do everything that is within our grasp (read: very little) to raise the bar next year. I know that there are plenty of others already looking at what improvements need to be made, and are no doubt making them.
Y'know - that while some are making excuses, others will be making improvements.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sun, 18 April 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my corolla is set to do times next year 100000000 times better than this year! Razz

P.S. I almost have all the defects cleared....
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sun, 18 April 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice one Karl... Can't wait to see it on the road for some more terrorising...
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sun, 18 April 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, 2005 preps have already begun - interior has been stripped, boot and rear window removed. whilst the new motor is in and running, i just cant seem to remember how to wire up the afterburners... Mad Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sun, 18 April 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how fucked up in FLYNSX's car?
sounds like alot of fun i missed
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sun, 18 April 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looked like a missing headlight and a mangled front bar on the passenger side.....nothing 'too much' but it wrecks the pretty glitter paint Confused
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Dubbo Damage Report Sun, 02 May 2004 11:28 Go to previous message
and a measly $2500 repair job Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WSID - 21st April
Next Topic:any Sydney cruises?
Goto Forum: