Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
twin turbo UZ185 *1st 1/4 mile run* Wed, 14 April 2004 03:47 Go to next message
Dubbo has past so the secret's out. The proj i have been plowing time into since January is 98% done and up and running.

I had to trailer it to Dubbo as i only finished it Fri night and still had some tuning issues. But it did run and trundle around the pits at the drags to prove it does drive Smile

So what is it -

1990 ST185 GrpA No. 105
twin turbo 1UZ
Blitz K3T turbos
Hybrid FMIC
Turbosmart 35mm external gates
Autronic SM2
W58
Custom tailshaft
Stock diff for now
18x8 TSW wheels with Pirelli race rubber
326mm front rotors with R33 4 spots
stock rears until i can find a set of 205 brakes
Cusco coilovers front and rear with adjustable camber plates
Whiteline strut braces front/rear (i couldn't make them for that price)
twin 2.5 inch stainless mandrel exhaust
Custom steering rack and arms

All fabrication was performed by a mate and yours truely in my mates shed. So that's all manifolds, pipework, exhaust, chassis bracing, trans tunnel, painting etc etc. The car is yet to see a workshop and won't except for a dyno session and a good wheel alignment.

There are pics a plenty on the dubbo threads and i have a heap but no site from which to upload them.

Anyways, i'll have some performance figures in the near future and i'll be heading to Wakefield just as soon as i have a diff in there that'll take the abuse Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 07:11]

Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love your work Justen. This is one of the most astounding pieces of engineering that I've had the fortune to lay my eyes on.

Congrats!

Oh, and can I have it?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx Max,
I certainly put the hard yards in and there's a little ways to go yet. Should be a fun beastie once all the little niggles are sorted out.

Can i think on your generous offer to take it off my hands Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'd better think quick before the offer expires, dude... Very Happy
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeez mate you've got me all in a panic.

truthfully, this is close to my ultimate ride so it would have to be a very fat wad of dollars to get me to part with it.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it's close to ultimate for many of us.

I showed some pix of your car to my CommonDoor-loving cousin and he went nuts. Very Happy
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked wholly testicle tuesday

sounds awesome Very Happy
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nearly creamed my pants when I saw the piping and turbos in the carpark at Dubbo. I'd heard you'd done the 1UZ but wasn't aware the twins were going along for the ride!!! Shocked

Awesome work dude, can't wait to see it running 100%! Next Dyno Day? Wink
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fucking hell

i saw some pics of this thing

do you come to victoria often? Evil or Very Mad
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of pics, can we all see some.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BONE ! Shocked
http://www.toymods.org.au/Gallery/Events/20040409%20-%20Toyota%20Nationals/EMP-2TG/tn/094%20Toyota%20Nationals%202004.med.JPG
http://www.toymods.org.au/Gallery/Events/20040409%20-%20Toyota%20Nationals/Draza/tn/GT4%201UZ%202.med.JPG
http://www.toymods.org.au/Gallery/Events/20040409%20-%20Toyota%20Nationals/Draza/tn/GT4%201UZ%203.med.JPG
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

fkn nice

i bet you've left a few v8 boys scrathing there head when you launch that thing "that thing sounded like a Confused nahh it was just the exuast Laughing )

is it / could it be 4wd? Evil or Very Mad

Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that shit is so tough

i love it.
Keyroo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is definetly one of hte most impressive peices of engineering i have ever seen

whats this i hear about a possible awd ???

my old man and i started to bleed out of our ears trying to comprehend how u would make that gearbox dock on teh 1uz,

kudos man,, im' extremely impressed, i would love some more pics of not just engine but whole car aswell, did u say twin exhaust as in twin exhuast out hte back??

also video, if u ever come down to melb let me know i'll do some video of it, wack togetehr a good vid for the net (i study video production)

but well done man, my hat goes off to u Smile

Matty
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, it's RWD.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHAT THAA!!! UNREAL!!!!
Keyroo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i knwo ti's rwd but i hear somethign about a potential awd gearbox being fitted in there somehow Razz

that would be the ultimate
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
almost looks like it's meant to be there - "like a bought one"!
CelicaGTV6
Newcomer

April 2004

Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi! My name is Adrian and I'm a regular at many of the USA celica sites. I wanted to stop by here and express my congratulations regarding this intense swap and to also say I hate you seeing as you have dethroned me as having the biggest engine in a 5th gen celica. hehe.

I know how intense custom work can be. I have, to my knowledge, the only 1MZ v6 powered celica around. Its a 1990 GT and its been running since the summer of 2003:

http://www.engr.ucsb.edu/~warped/projects/swap/finished_eng_bay.jpg

I was giving serious thoughts do doing a similar swap as you did but had reservations since alltracs/GT4s are really hard to come by here in the states. That, and I'm trying very hard to conform to California smog laws which seem to be the strictest emissions laws around.

Do you have a write up anywhere on some of the difficulties of the swap and what sorts of custom fitments you needed to do? What electronics are you running? What kinds of mods did you need to do to the bellhousing to get the tranny to mate to the engine?

Again, excellent work. I'm sure its going to be a fun car to drive!

[Updated on: Wed, 14 April 2004 18:03]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Wed, 14 April 2004 13:47

Dubbo has past so the secret's out. The proj i have been plowing time into since January is 98% done and up and running.

I had to trailer it to Dubbo as i only finished it Fri night and still had some tuning issues. But it did run and trundle around the pits at the drags to prove it does drive Smile

So what is it -

1990 ST185 GrpA No. 105
twin turbo 1UZ
Blitz K3T turbos
Hybrid FMIC
Turbosmart 35mm external gates
Autronic SM2
W58
Custom tailshaft
Stock diff for now
18x8 TSW wheels with Pirelli race rubber
326mm front rotors with R33 4 spots
stock rears until i can find a set of 205 brakes
Cusco coilovers front and rear with adjustable camber plates
Whiteline strut braces front/rear (i couldn't make them for that price)
twin 2.5 inch stainless mandrel exhaust
Custom steering rack and arms

All fabrication was performed by a mate and yours truely in my mates shed. So that's all manifolds, pipework, exhaust, chassis bracing, trans tunnel, painting etc etc. The car is yet to see a workshop and won't except for a dyno session and a good wheel alignment.

There are pics a plenty on the dubbo threads and i have a heap but no site from which to upload them.

Anyways, i'll have some performance figures in the near future and i'll be heading to Wakefield just as soon as i have a diff in there that'll take the abuse Smile

Hiya Justen,

I'm so pissed I couldn't make it up there to see the beastie, so I'll have to settle for another time and maybe when you are going to Wakefield.

Keep me posted, and man, did you do some work or what !!!!

Cheers

Michael B

I gotta say them wheels that I showed you that you bought do look damn sexy !!!!! Gotta get up to Chateau Simpson soon

[Updated on: Wed, 14 April 2004 19:22]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 14 April 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is one amazing piece of work,
Looks so evil Evil or Very Mad best thing would be to see the response from V8 drivers as you smash them off the line in a RWD celica Laughing
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 15 April 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys thanks the the responses. and special thanks to Lambolica for putting up the pics.

To answer a few queries.

Yes i seriously consdiered stuffing in a GTR box and keeping it AWD. A lot of major one off fabrication though so if i ever broke anything i'd be seriously in rthe whole. I have found a way to do it with a Toyota AWD auto box but i think i'll leave as it for a while yet and see how she goes.

The exhaust is twin stainless madrel 2.5 inch until just after the gearbox where it merges into a single 3 inch. Will eventually got twin's all the way with a crossover pipe but simply ran out of time and had to recycle an existing system i had kicking around.

As you can imagine there was a shitload of fabrication with all of it done by a mate amd myself and most of that in his back garage. He has access to a pretty decent machine shop too so we'd pop out there on a regular basis for some after hours tooling. You'll all have to be patient on the full write up as i have some backlog shit to get out of the way 1st. Any advice on where to get a website hosted appreciated though.

The next dyno day...i hope to make it but there are a few outstanding issues to get sorted 1st for the car to realise it's full potential. Even if they aren't sorted in time i'll probably run anyway and just do a run with a lower redline to keep power under control.

The exhaust note is awesome, certainly turns heads Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 15 April 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's always room on the Toymods server for members webpages as well as technical articles. Smile
Keyroo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 15 April 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, i would love to hear that thing,, u gotta get video of it dude!!

my dream car is an audi rs6which is a twin turbo v8 awd, (but i'd get a manual conversion)

and well that car with an awd woudl pretty much be my dream car in a celica shell Razz

u have certainly created a stir, a few of us are from celica.net and there is like 7 different posts about it on teh board, not one negative comment,,

congrats again

Matty Smile
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 15 April 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i remember my mate (the guy you bought all the gt4 parts off) telling me about this 6 or so months ago. i never realy believed him

but what can i say Shocked
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 15 April 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justen,
I gotta say "that is THE toughest conversion that I have seen". My hat goes off to you, better bring that thing a racin' at the Nationals next year.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 15 April 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work!
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 15 April 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man you are crazy, that thing looks so tough...how long did the conversion take you all up? and man you have to get a video or even a sound file up on these forums...

nice work,
cheers...
kinick313
Newcomer

April 2004
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 15 April 2004 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's up,
new to the forum, joined up today because you are getting alot of play over at celica.net.
(OT: What's up Adrian?)
anyways, this is incredible. I never thought it possible to put an 8 into a celica, let alone make it RWD.
Here is the link to our post about your car:
http://celica.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_t opic;f=31;t=011066;p=1
I gotta give you props. I used to worship Adrian, now you are my new Idol. Just playin Adrian, you'll always be my hero.
Anyways... props, I'd love to see some numbers, dyno/quarter, as well as how the chassis holds up to all that power to the rear.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 16 April 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You won't have to wait until Dubbo next year Jase, i'll be down at the Creek as soon as i have a driveline that'll take it.

Sly 16V - i started in earnest mid Jan 2004, that's when i took the cutting wheel to the firewall. Most of it was pretty straight forward...hard yakka but we didn't hit many problems we couldn't solve pretty well straight away.

At this stage i should give a big thankyou to Mos who did 99% of the wiring. What would have taken me 3 weeks he did in 3 day. I didn't have 3 weeks so i'll be in debt to Mos for coming to my rescue...he really put in the hard yards. I reckon he's earned himself a few laps around Wakefield at the wheel...what do you think Mos, you up for that?

Kinick313 - on't worry about the chassis. A GT4 ain't no flimsy REX, this thing had 5 separate floor pan pressings in places. The body is hell rigid and with the bits we added it sure ain't any weaker. It'll take it no probs.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 16 April 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Fri, 16 April 2004 10:25

At this stage i should give a big thankyou to Mos who did 99% of the wiring. What would have taken me 3 weeks he did in 3 day. I didn't have 3 weeks so i'll be in debt to Mos for coming to my rescue...he really put in the hard yards. I reckon he's earned himself a few laps around Wakefield at the wheel...what do you think Mos, you up for that?

Do I get anything for handing Mos the butane torch?!?!
Come on! That's a vitally important role that I played!!
hehe

Seriously though, having driven an ST185, I can say that you don't have any worries about the chassis!! It's one firm mother!
The only problem was the understeer, and I think Justen's fixed that with a bucketload of oversteer.... Wink
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 16 April 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you were responsible for that small cabin fire we had?? Wink

that was one close call, only lost the carpet and remodelled the drivers side door trim
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 16 April 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blame Mos! Don't blame the tool!

(And, yes, I meant it to read that way) Razz
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 16 April 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like it, i like it alot.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 16 April 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome Smile
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 16 April 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is an inspiration to us all. Next time some barstard tells me I'll never get my project off the ground, I'll remember what your determination did for you. Bulk kudos man. Plus it was done in a shed!
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 16 April 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Fri, 16 April 2004 10:25

You won't have to wait until Dubbo next year Jase, i'll be down at the Creek as soon as i have a driveline that'll take it.

Justen, you'd better send me an email before going to the creek, so that I may meet you there and catch up, and see how this baby runs. Cool
Keyroo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Sun, 18 April 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wish i was up that way Sad
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 - update Mon, 19 April 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i now have a MA70 diff to go into the UZ185 although the sucker is so big not sure it'll fit? I'm going to look at a R200 diff as well as they are also plenty strong but apparently a little smaller?

I'm having a few issues with the tailshaft balance as well. I went from the 3 piece GT4 to a 2 piece using a combo of 185 and 205 tailshafts. Looks like a bitch to balance though so i'll probably go to a single in the next few weeks.

Clutch is getting sorted so a twin 5 puck button same as in my other GrpA should be going in soon.

1st tune session is next week. It'll be real gentle so i don't expect any decent numbers. Just ironing out a few bugs so i can drive the thing around and get the final engineers testing done.

I'll keep you all posted
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 - update Mon, 19 April 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah you better let us ALL know when you will be at the creek.. I would pay $15 to see you run...
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 - update Mon, 19 April 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No probs there, be nice to have some support handy Smile

before i get to the creek though i need to do the diff, clutch and slot in a coupla Bosch motorsport fuel pumps. WI is also on the cards once i know how det sensitive this thing is. A few test sessions at my secret test and tune track (Hume Industrial Park) and i'll be at the next street meet at the creek.
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: twin turbo UZ185 Mon, 19 April 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also will be at the creek to watch
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: twin turbo UZ185 Tue, 20 April 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats one of the best project cars I've ever layed my eyes on!
I want to say more but I'm speachless!
DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: twin turbo UZ185 Tue, 20 April 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesus christ.. i would like to see some dyno graphs and 1/4 vids of thast thing
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: twin turbo UZ185 Tue, 20 April 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are without a doubt absolutely f@#$ing insane!!!

I love it!! Smile Can I come round some time and have a look??

Can I ask how you went about engineering the Turbos on a V8, I was under the impression that this wasn't legal...
Sharpie
Regular

May 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 21 April 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

Rob from Fast Fours here. Your car is an animal, Boxer and Co think it's the ducks nuts.

Top job.

Sharpie
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 21 April 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No probs Chris, drop me a line off list and we can work out a time.

turbos are no probs, just have to have all the bits to make sure it turns and stops as well.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 21 April 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmmm, seeing the pictures, eases some of my discontent in missing out on this car while it was still damaged, nice job.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 28 April 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe - Justens fuinally got his details up ! hooray !

been hearing about this for ages as well but was sworn to secrecy! hehe ! Nice work dude - its an awesome machine !

CLG - i passed on this car inially too , had a look at it but it was beyond my timeframe for repairing the car ( major shame - it was nice too! )

On the other side - as a stroke of pure irony - the heart of Grp A 105 , the original 3sgte , was bought by yours truely off justen , along with a few other bits - and is currently being built up to be a monster in the making ! something i hope to do the AWD crowd proud!

Its being hybridised with a combination of Gen 2 and gen 3 parts, And i hope to take a stab at cracking the 200+KW at the wheels level at builds end but i have a fair bit of work to go!

So no.105's body just got a dose of 8 cyl steroids - and its heart is getting stronger by the day to reside in my grey machine!

CAnt WAIT to see this car in person Soon!

Stuart

JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Tue, 25 May 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a bit of an update for those of us with heavy arse GT4's Smile

Put the car on the weigh bridge for engineering. Total came out at 1380kg (half tank fuel, no driver). Which is lighter than a stock GT4. But even better, weight distribution improved from 60/40 front/rear to 57/43. I should be able to get it even better with the installation of the MA70 diff and the water injection tank. With the grunt i have i'll also look into adding ballast as i think the handling gains from better weight distribution will outweigh any increase in weight.

Anyways, very happy that my educated guesses came out pretty much as expected.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 11 August 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now we're finally seeing some real action. I got the hybrid MA/JZA70 diff installed as well as the twin plate button clutch. Gave it a very rough, and i thought safe, tune and got the thing to Wakefield Park on Mon. Took it pretty easy so no fast times but was still got a nice benchmark. Desperately needs a wheel alignment as we only did a dodgy by eye so who knows what it's set at.

Next step is get the tune fully sorted and a wheel alignment and go get some proper times. Once my digi cam reappears from Mon i'll post some updated pics of bits and pieces.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 11 August 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Justen,
Next time you go, give me an email or something! I wouldn't mind seeing your beast on the track!
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 26 August 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think when you can get this to the creek for a run, it will end up basically being an official club trip, that many of us will be there. Very Happy
I especially want to see the faces fo the crowd when they see it, and then when they HEAR it run. Evil or Very Mad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 26 August 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So true!

we should organise a group discount on that night! Very Happy lol
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 22 October 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just another update.

Got the thing on the dyno for another sneak up on the tune. Still only running the single 2.5 inch rear muffler so no point trying to stuff any boost into it.

Running on 6.5 psi it laid down 265rwkw.

If you want to see what this does to a set of 18x35x235 rears try this link

http://www.4gcelica.net/gt8.avi
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 22 October 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice. Even without sound it looked beasty.

I'm guessing you'll be entering the Burnout comp at Summernats? Laughing
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 22 October 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be sound....and it sounds awesome. Listen closely and you'll hear the compressor surge on lift off.

Summernats ain't my thing..in fact burnouts aren't really my thing either but nice to know it'll do a ripper if required Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 22 October 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My work computer doesn't have sound, that's all.
I save it & go "listen" to it at home.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 22 October 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy moly! I wish I had that sort of power under my right foot!
Great result dude!

So when are you gonna run 20psi? hehe
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 22 October 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hmmm, 20psi will require forgies and alot more rubber than i could ever fit undet the guards.

Looking to run 12 psi once i have a decent exhaust solution sorted...should be good for 350rwkw which will probably do me for a while.
Pages (4): [1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - DynoCharts Up
Next Topic:SleekHer's RA28 - MISFIT -
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:52:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099918842315674 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.