Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Thu, 15 April 2004 15:32 Go to next message
Now that my car's finally handling a little better I want to give it a bit of a punt around a few nice corners. It's a fair while since I've been up the Old Road at night and I thought it might be a good excuse to get people out again for some good old fashioned fun the way we used to. Of course anyone is welcome to come along, it's always good to meet some new faces.

The finer details:

What: A drive up the Old Pac - This is not an official cruise
When: Saturday 17th April
Where: Meet at Thornleigh Maccas
Time: Meet around 10:30. Munch and chat for a while then get going
Why: 'cos it's been too long Cool

[Updated on: Thu, 15 April 2004 15:34]

Send a private message to this user    
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Fri, 16 April 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm guessing that's 10:30pm?
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Fri, 16 April 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a mad idea and it has been way to long but i might meet you guys outside because Thornleigh macs always has cops there now and thats the place where i got defected so im a bit scared. Crying or Very Sad
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Fri, 16 April 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Fri, 16 April 2004 13:21

I'm guessing that's 10:30pm?

That's correct Nod
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Fri, 16 April 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hotrolla wrote on Fri, 16 April 2004 13:42

Thornleigh macs always has cops there now and thats the place where i got defected so im a bit scared. Crying or Very Sad

Hmmmm... well we never used to attract any undue attention in the past but I know I'll be on my best behaviour. Smile
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Fri, 16 April 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, the cressidas new wheel bearings & rear brake pads really need a good running in, so I guess I'll be there. Very Happy

Can't wait!
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sat, 17 April 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a miniture plan...
I might see if the Grey's got any plans tonight,
I'm sure we could meet u at Thornleigh @ 10:30 after I finish work @ 8...

decisions decisions...

Old Pac Run...
Early night...

such a hard decision...
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sat, 17 April 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a plan.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sat, 17 April 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good , myself and a few mates will meet you there and tag along.
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sat, 17 April 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This still on?
Coz I got a bunch of ppl who may be keen.
See u there..
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sat, 17 April 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul,

How far up the highway are you coming?
It would be good if you could give me a call when you are going to stop, I may come out to say hello.
0402 030 561

Regards
Jason
Juggalo
Regular

March 2003

Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sat, 17 April 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well last time I went we stopped at West Gosford Maccas I believe.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sat, 17 April 2004 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well after coming home halfway through the cruise I can say that I have found the new limit of my tyres , and unfortunatly it is a notch below the old tyres and subsequently lead to an incident that left me rather red faced and shaken up nervewise.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sat, 17 April 2004 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was fun, can we do it again??! Very Happy

I only planned to go up the old road then come back along the freeway. It was all a bit too fun though and I ended up coming back the windy way. Now it's 2:30am and I've just crawled into bed. Confused

Thanks to everyone who came along, it was good to get out again.

Jase - Sorry I didn't call mate. I was out all afternoon and didn't check the thread before I left. A mate of mine would've loved to see your car too!! We ended up at the Shell in Kariong for a bit of a recharge before heading back home a bit after 1am.

Oh, and Diz - You're one LUCKY mofo!! Shocked
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sat, 17 April 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry i couldnt make it i fell a sleep watching TV Crying or Very Sad

Should organise another cruise soon!!
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sun, 18 April 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i was at wonderland and was gonna try get to the cruise afterwards but i was just too buggered. Hope you guys had a great time, its a sweeet road. i always get shit scared when my dad drives along there Surprised
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sun, 18 April 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hoping u guys had fun!!!! Smile Tried to stay up to listen to the roar of toymodders but sadley fell asleep.....
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sun, 18 April 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries Paul, I actually thought that you may not have read the posts before leaving. Keep my number and feel free to call me whenever, especially if you are up this way.
jase
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sun, 18 April 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, that was a bit of fun wasn't it??? Very Happy

The cressida certainly proved it's worth through the corners, which wasn't very worthy at all. If it wasn't for the sections of straight Steve in his turbo diesel would have left me for dead! *shudder* Smile I can't wait to get my car back on the road (or highway as it were), & leave the cressida for the drag strip. Unless my brother forks out for some sway bars for it, which is highly unlikely.

Front row seats to Diz's little mishap was a bit of fun, at least we know he was the only one trying hard enough! Smile
don't worry about it mate, it's all part of the learning curve, at least you know a bit more about the limits of your car & alot more about the quality of your tyres.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sun, 18 April 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diz, please tell me what happened...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sun, 18 April 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn i wish i had of seen this before hand....

next time pm me someone
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sun, 18 April 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay , here is the scoop.

Two weeks ago I changed from a tyre that had a very high dry performance , and a dog's bum wet performance to a tyre that has above average dry performance and a high wet performance.

Then I attended the old drive event. To put a long story short I came around a corner with too much peep for the tyres , the car then started to understeer , as a usual tatic I punched the brakes to get more weight on the front of the car and steer it around. HOWEVER I grossly overestimated the dry grip of my new tyres and jab of the brakes caused the wheels to lock up , The lock up was sufficent to put my car completely side ways along the now straight 2 lane road. Desperatly attempting to retame my out of control beast I managed to spin 270 degrees before coming to a stop on the wrong side of the road facing the back up at the other cruise goers that had stopped to watch my show. I then whacked my hazzards on and had to give the old girl a bit to restart her after the nasty stall in 3rd while in the spin.

Luckily the only casulty was my pride.

Thanks to all who checked if I was ok and avoided hitting me during the ordeal Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sun, 18 April 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*phew*
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sun, 18 April 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was good fun. Very Happy
Especially on the way back after I tightened my struts. Evil or Very Mad
mmmm... Koni adjustables.
It was handling like a Cressida on the way up Laughing
Brake pedal heading towards the floor after a dozen or so hard stops not good though.

Diz, you're lucky that the bit of road you spun on had 3 lanes otherwise you'd smashed the rear end.
You did well though to not touch anything.

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Sun, 18 April 2004 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was good fun.....

Diz mate.....double lines mean you stay in your lane Razz

I need some lower profile tyres i think, waaaaaaay too much tyre wall flex......soon they shall be here!

Damn wagonist riding my ass through the tight bends! (dont take that the wrong way bitches)

Oh yeah, and GRLTOY didn't show Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 18 April 2004 23:38]

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Mon, 19 April 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn Supras for having too much grunt in a straight line so I can't pass. Mad Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Mon, 19 April 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i don't even have a turbo!

When i minimise my tyre wall it should be a much better comparison Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Mon, 19 April 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, but 3L DOHC 24v 6 cylinder petrol
vs
2L SOHC 8v 4 cylinder turbo diesel
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Mon, 19 April 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't expect much from a corolla! Laughing
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Mon, 19 April 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's this Corolla crap!?

You musn't have heard the conversation at the Shell Servo.

It's like a Celica Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Mon, 19 April 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh i did.....and thus the above comment Laughing
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Mon, 19 April 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it just like we can't expect much from your Celica? Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Saturday night - April 17th - Old Pac Mon, 19 April 2004 06:11 Go to previous message
THATS IT!

I havent removed the celica supra sticker off the tailgate! That should rid it of the hairdresser label and pickup 10-20hp!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BRISBANE HOT ROD,STREETMACHINE & CUSTOM AUTO SPECTACULAR
Next Topic:Toyota Nationals 2004 - The Aftermath
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:55:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007580041885376 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.