Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ae86 high beam / indicator stalk problem

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
PerformanceCars
Regular

November 2003
ae86 high beam / indicator stalk problem Thu, 29 April 2004 02:49 Go to next message
anone ever had problems with the indicator stalk/high beams / lighs.

presently if i have the lights on and i turn on the indicator - the lights turn off, and the high beam indicator light turns on - but not the hight beams.. its really annoying - not to mention dangerous at night..

are these a replaceable unit ?
  Send a private message to this user    
Chrisso
Regular

August 2003
Re: ae86 high beam / indicator stalk problem Thu, 29 April 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had similar problems (still have), with my highbeams only working when the stalk is pulled back towards the driver.

I believe it's a problem with the relay in the steering column. If you take of the steering wheel and the plasic casing around the column, you can easily see the stalk mechanism and the relay. I'm lead to believe that the connections need to be resoldered, but since I don't have a soldering iron, I haven't been able to test that out.

Lastly, there was a thread on here ages ago (if you search for highbeam or headlights you should be able to find it) that raises the possiblity of fitting the parts from an AE82.

If you do resolder the connections, let me know how it goes.

Chris.
PerformanceCars
Regular

November 2003
Re: ae86 high beam / indicator stalk problem Thu, 29 April 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers chris - ill have a go at re-soldering tonight and let you know how it goes..
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: ae86 high beam / indicator stalk problem Thu, 29 April 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would like to know this as well as I have the same problem, let us know if it works! Can you take some pics?

cheers
Rob
Flogbag
Regular

December 2003
Re: ae86 high beam / indicator stalk problem Thu, 29 April 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kinda the same thing happened to mine only the parkers would come on then every now and then the high beams come on

pulled it apart n one of the wires become unsoldered
PerformanceCars
Regular

November 2003
Re: ae86 high beam / indicator stalk problem Fri, 30 April 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly what it was - took the mechanism off and one of the wires had un-soldered itself.. soldered it back up (i am really bad at soldering) and its as good as gold.. Smile

was pretty easy - have to take off the wheel and plastic surround to get it off the column..
http://brisbaneperformance.com/fileupload/store/stalk1.jpg
Chrisso
Regular

August 2003
Re: ae86 high beam / indicator stalk problem Sat, 01 May 2004 05:30 Go to previous message
Looks like I'll have to get a soldering iron and learn how to solder now!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sprinter conversion order
Next Topic:cressida steering box in a ta23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:51:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004302978515625 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.