Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » FS: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS - SOLD!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bman
Regular

November 2003
FS: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS - SOLD!!! Tue, 04 May 2004 22:31 Go to next message
Motor –
2TG twin cam, bored to 1800cc, 8222 head, ported, polished and shaved, TRD valves, HD springs, 8220 cams, TRD high volume sump, twin 40mm Solex carbs, ramflo filters, pointless dizzy, match ported 4 into 1 extractors, 2 ¼inch exhaust with hotdog and rear muffler (92 db when tested) 4 inch chome dump tip. Yet to be dyno tuned after head rebuild.

Gearbox –
T50 5 speed with lightened flywheel. Reco diff with new axles.

Suspension –
Professionally lowered using king springs front and rear, KYB Exel G shocks and struts,some nolathane bits.(october 03)

Interior –
Retrimmed a few years ago by previous owner, needs new carpet, Cobra Trophy race seat, RPM harness, (have original seat and belts to go back in) autotechnia s/wheel, autometer monster tach. Pioneer 180w head unit in dash, pioneer 6” 3 ways in doors with custom speaker pods.

Body –
EL GT burgandy 2 pack, usual marks and little dings, some rust in top l/h sill and a few bubbles in lower r/h door. Otherwise good condition. Engine bays needs painting and tidy up. Good bumpers. No badges. rear guards pumped to fit wider rims.

Wheels –
13inch black corona stockies with crappy positraction rubber.

Reg till may ’04, SLO-22 plates may be included if interested

*Apparently* the motor came out of an ex jap race car when imported, this is what im told, have all receipts from work done, car is always garaged and is not a daily driver.

Pics availiale by request, don’t know how to put up, for more info post here or email - slo_022@hotmail.com

[Updated on: Sat, 22 May 2004 08:18]

Send a private message to this user    
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: EOI: '75 TA22 Celica Wed, 05 May 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much are you looking for...ball park figure?

When you say "apparently" the engine was from a japanese race car, does that mean it doesn't go as hard as you thought it would, or you just can't verify it?

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2004 04:11]

bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: EOI: '75 TA22 Celica Wed, 05 May 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, looking at $3500 -$4000 at the moment, but i may be asking too much. yeah i can't verify it, was only told by the previous owner, could have been talking crap fo all i know!!
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: EOI: '75 TA22 Celica Wed, 05 May 2004 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as it goes alright, I guess it's all that matters.

Are you open to offers?
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: EOI: '75 TA22 Celica Wed, 05 May 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, open to the right offer.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI: '75 2TG TA22 Celica Thu, 06 May 2004 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may you please send pics my way Razz
mighty_mitch85@hotmail.com
cheers
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: EOI: '75 2TG TA22 Celica Fri, 07 May 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics sent!!!
SleekHer
Regular

March 2003
Re: EOI: '75 2TG TA22 Celica Fri, 07 May 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PLease send pics to slekaphreak@msn.com Smile
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: EOI: '75 2TG TA22 Celica Fri, 07 May 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres the beast!

http://www.users.on.net/evolution/ta229.JPG

http://www.users.on.net/evolution/ta224.JPG

http://www.users.on.net/evolution/ta226.JPG

http://www.users.on.net/evolution/ta223.JPG

http://www.users.on.net/evolution/ta222.JPG
julian
Regular

March 2004
Re: EOI: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Fri, 07 May 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AWESOME!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

how does $800 if ur realy desprete Very Happy Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Sun, 09 May 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seen this car - its a pretty neat little rocket Smile

The 2tg is definantly not stock - can tell that just by looking at it!

Be a good car for someone to " finish off " seeing all the great mechanicals seem to be all there already Smile

Bman - what are you thinking of getting instead ?

If you say a Gt4 - youll be my bestest buddy Wink
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Sun, 09 May 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seen this car - its a pretty neat little rocket Smile

The 2tg is definantly not stock - can tell that just by looking at it!

Be a good car for someone to " finish off " seeing all the great mechanicals seem to be all there already Smile

Bman - what are you thinking of getting instead ?

If you say a Gt4 - youll be my bestest buddy Wink
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: EOI: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Sun, 09 May 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the comments stu, yeah im looking into either 13BT RX3 or RX4, or getting into a 32 ford coupe hot rod, my first love!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Sun, 09 May 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NP - your rotors the better bet Smile

Hot rods are turds to drive Smile
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: EOI: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Tue, 11 May 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update, will take $3000 without the race seat, harness and pioneer head unit. (to be replaced with another head unit)
Buster
Regular

May 2004
Re: FS: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Wed, 12 May 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car looks good from the pic's, acouple of questions.

What sort of "pumping" has been done to the rear guards ?
Is the car reliable enough to make the cruise to Adelaide ?

I am definitely interested in the car and am keen;y awaiting your response or anyone else who has seen or knows the car that may be able to answer the above. The car if suitable would be going to a good home.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Wed, 12 May 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Refer to first post - its a good buy !
Buster
Regular

May 2004
Re: FS: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Wed, 12 May 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I Have read the first post and checked out the pic'sn several occasions, definitely looks to be a sweet 22 but the pics don't show the rear guards well and I am concerned that the beautiful body may have been altered badly or if the guards have only been slightly pumped with more emphasis in rolling/removing the lip on th inside of the guard. Sorry to be fussy !
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: FS: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Wed, 12 May 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buster - yeah they have only been slightly pumped, you would be hard pressed to tell unless you two cars together. the front and rear has not been rolled or lipped.
never really had any reliability probs, so yeah id be confident driving to adelaide.
Buster
Regular

May 2004
Re: FS: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Wed, 12 May 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great ! Very Happy sounds like it could be what i am looking for ! Are you located near the CBD or are you a fairway out ? I still would like to see the car in the flesh but am prepared to come over to Melbourne with the intention to drive it back if it fits the bill ! What is your schedule like in need to sell are you desperate ? or can you wait till next w/end. Oh yeah you mentioned the race seat will be removed, does this mean the original seat will be fitted ?
Buster
Regular

May 2004
Re: FS: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Wed, 12 May 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to be a pain but would it be possible to get some photos of the rear end quarters and rear bumper? I am close to buying but it is along way to come to find a biffed arse !
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: FS: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Wed, 12 May 2004 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you got an email address i can send pics to?
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: FS: '75 2TG TA22 Celica - WITH PICS Sat, 22 May 2004 08:19 Go to previous message
sold! off to a new life in south australia!!! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: '92 Celica SX
Next Topic:WTB: Corolla SX hatchback (100kw)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:28:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053000450134277 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.