Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
headlining for TA23 Mon, 24 May 2004 09:07 Go to next message
i'm after one of these, preferably new. i tried rare spares in auckland nz today but they haven't got a pattern, they can get me one made if i can come up with an old roof lining but i haven't got one. anyone got any recommendations on where i can get one (i don't mind importing from aussie) and a rough idea on price. they wanted between 250 and 350 (nz dollars) for the rare spares one, i'm hoping i can get it cheaper than that but if thats what i have to pay then i will.

cheers
Matt
  Send a private message to this user    
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: headlining for TA23 Mon, 24 May 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go straight to a full time auto upholsterer, it will be cheaper than going through rare spares
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: headlining for TA23 Mon, 24 May 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will they need a pattern? or can they just do it straight into the car? might work out a bit easier, could talk over interior suggestions at the time i guess,

cheers
Matt
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: headlining for TA23 Wed, 26 May 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
called a couple of auto upholsterers locally, the price ranges from $250 to $550 depending on material and time taken. seems pretty sweet compared to rare spares considering that its a custom job made to exactly fit my car and includes installation

now my problem is that i'm missing a few of the little plastic ends for the metal rods that run across the roof, anybody know if these are available out of other early toyota's????

i know where there's a few ke70's just waiting for me to rip the roof out but i don't want to wreck the headlinings until i'm sure,

cheers
Matt
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: headlining for TA23 Wed, 26 May 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just get some rubber caps to go on the end of the rods.
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: headlining for TA23 Wed, 26 May 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they're not just rubber clips, they're shaped extensions about half an inch long with a bit of an angle in the middle. i'd assume they'd have to be pretty close to the same or the headlining won't look right,

cheers
Matt
Ganjasaur
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: headlining for TA23 Thu, 27 May 2004 04:55 Go to previous message
well i took in a old one of my mates to get mine made up in hamilton. msg me on toyspeed if u want me to see if i can get you a old one for you to borrow.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GA70 Radiator Cap Rating
Next Topic:4AGE engine condition?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:15:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006397008895874 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.