Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Is This a Rare Find?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dizzy
Regular

February 2004
Is This a Rare Find? Sun, 30 May 2004 14:50 Go to next message
On the way to Parramatta today, i spotted this Corona MarkII, looked pretty clean for an old timer like that so I decided to take a photo of it.

Is this a rare car?

Is there anything special about it?

Thanks in advance.

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/kikkoman-coronamk2b.JPG

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/kikkoman-coronamk2.JPG
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sun, 30 May 2004 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally don't know about rare, but hard to find in good nick, as this one appears to be.

Almost have to buy it just for the venetians Laughing

What was the asking price ?
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sun, 30 May 2004 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's rare in the sense that I know the baldie fucker who owns it, and he only owns one so to him it's rare. Yes it's in fantastic condition and fully stock.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sun, 30 May 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2-door MkII's actually are pretty rare. And they're heaps cool - I want one!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sun, 30 May 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Extremely rare. That's an MX23. I haven't seen one on the road down here for over a year. I own one and have been looking for another for a year.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rare enough for me to sell a kidney for one Very Happy

i've only seen 2 on the road one a rusty pos and a black one which the guy has smashed in to a tree and mangeled the front end

i went and asked him how much he said i've spent 4000 on the motor so no less than that Rolling Eyes

go the white walls
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pic of this car is already buried in the Toymods files ...And its local to me...well sort of..GT is running a mini Melbourne register on these cars...this looks like a gem...I need to quite moment to my self to assess the sell for a kidney quote from coronamark2...
How do you define rare? In this case..its possibly one of less than say 20? in such great condition in this country...just a guess only ..

clubagreenie...see if he will get some pics up on the www.toyotacorona.com site??? I am happy to take them if he does not have a digi.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cambelt has all the details - he's running the registry.
I am aware of 6.
I have heard stories that there is one in Sydney getting a 1UZFE. Would be impressive.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats pretty low for a stock ride height isn't it?
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dizzy wrote on Mon, 31 May 2004 00:50

On the way to Parramatta today, i spotted this Corona MarkII, looked pretty clean for an old timer like that so I decided to take a photo of it.

Is this a rare car?

Is there anything special about it?

Thanks in advance.

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/kikkoman-coronamk2b.JPG

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/kikkoman-coronamk2.JPG

very nice looking rig I LOVE IT!! Very Happy
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you also like the 4 doors? we're selling ours in about a week
immaculate condition, no rust, perfect all round.
pm me for more details
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks so awesome!
Love everything about it!
dizzy
Regular

February 2004
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote

<Snip>
What was the asking price ?

Nah, wasn't for sale (that I know of), I just happend to see it on the road while sitting in the passenger seat of my brothers car and decided to take a photo of it as I had my camera there at the time.

clubagreenie wrote on Mon, 31 May 2004 06:19

It's rare in the sense that I know the baldie fucker who owns it, and he only owns one so to him it's rare. Yes it's in fantastic condition and fully stock.

LOL!!!!

Yeah, it was some bald guy driving it...

Is he a member here at toymods?

[Updated on: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:50]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Mon, 31 May 2004 17:48

thats pretty low for a stock ride height isn't it?

Stock ride height? That bitch has been SLAMMED!!
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I know him to

Thats was the car that was going to get my 7M good to see it is back on the road after its last lttle stint off the road.

Its very very smick in real life
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not too parcial to alot of old cars there is few i like, and i love this one, i would most definatly considering buying that 2 door if ever i saw something in that good of condition
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 31 May 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The more I see the older toyota's, the more I love Toyota's. Insane, I love it. Another added to the "Toyota's I'd love to own" list Very Happy
frr33q
Regular

June 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 01 June 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks shmick!!! i love it. seen it around Northmead a couple of times before but i heven't seen it for a while.
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 01 June 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it belongs to who i think it belongs to, then it is a "rare" find.

Reason: He always finds Bloody cars in bloody good nick, whereas i keep finding CRAPPY ones Crying or Very Sad
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 01 June 2004 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it is the same person who does this ALL THE BLOODY TIME.

Have you seen his celica yet? Another pristine example. Anyone would think he followed the obituaries.
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 01 June 2004 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn damn damn

Some people have all the luck.

And yes, i saw the celica as well, as well as the coronas too, and the crown.

Lucky bugger, is all i can say.

OK, he is a good bloke too.

But i now have his slot cars.........MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 01 June 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which crown had you seen? I boought the blue ms55 from him a while back but it's now in the great crown grave yard
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 01 June 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The crown i saw was the MS5X sedan.

Usual mods, lowered with whitewalls.

Sorry to hear it went to the graveyard in the sky. One of my wagons is heading that way soon, unfortunately, after i strip her down.

Andrij
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 02 June 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome Smile

If anyone knows of one of these for sale (even in poor condition), please let me know!
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 02 June 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could have got a rough one one...with rust of course and some pretty minor front end damage at Fowles Auctions in Sydney last week..went to Pick n' Pay for $300...I put a bid in at $250 but really have no where to keep it so it went to them..I did get a 1975 sedan with a perfect black interior and lots and lots of other good bits for $250 though so was not a lost day Smile Smile
marc00013390
Regular

November 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 02 June 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMN.... Got one of them for FREE not too long ago from some
chick we met at the pub - perfect nick just bad paint. SAhe wanted it off her lawn........
anyways we drove it bush to our thrash spot had some fun and lit her up! Shocked
couldve made a sale hahahaha oh well

anyway, I know of another thats local and real, real schmick, black in colour

my 2c
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 02 June 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc00013390 wrote on Wed, 02 June 2004 22:52

chick we met at the pub - perfect nick just bad paint. SAhe wanted it off her lawn........
anyways we drove it bush to our thrash spot had some fun and lit her up! Shocked

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Mad
griminir
Regular

October 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 03 June 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nooooooooooooooo! Sacrilege! Nope
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 03 June 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc00013390 wrote on Wed, 02 June 2004 20:52

my 2c

BAN! Very Happy

Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 03 June 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona2 mafia now on alert to stomp infidels who trash the rare ones.. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 03 June 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why the hell would ya do that?? Surprised

marc00013390 wrote on Wed, 02 June 2004 22:52

my 2c

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 03 June 2004 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like i like Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

must have good eyes to see in them review mirror, there hell far away
andyman
Regular

April 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 08 June 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a year or two ago, i used to have one exactly same colour, but with different lights. it had roll cage, dragways, looked pretty beasty..but didnt go very good (didnt have any need for the roll cage)..although it got stolen and stripped and there went any ideas of an engine conversion.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 08 June 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The MX23 that was at the autions is now residing at pick and pay less at Blacktown. It is in pretty good nick (except for the front end damage which is minor but parts would be hard to get) there was only some rust in the passenger side sill and that was only bubbling. Also had some of the original wheel covers inside.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 08 June 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are not many 2 Door MX series corona's getting around any more. That white one sure looks like sweet MX23.

My old girl was haildamaged front to back but was still a great old beast. If i could get a sweet one for the right price i would jump at it. (I'd prefer an early MX13 tho for modification reasons)

marc00013390, Paddock bashing a Classic Toyota is an offence punishable by death around here. Perhaps you should stick to Holdens or Fords and leave the real cars to those of us that appreciate them. No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 08 June 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 2 good wheel trims(there were only ever 3 on this car) are with me now.Pick 'n Pay paid $300 for the whole car at auction ..I bid on it but really do not have the space so I decided to pass and got a '75 sedan with a very good interior and lots and lots of other bits..I did get the 2 Doors grille sections(which will fit my sedan) and the guard and rear badges..nothing special but not broken..The dxxx's at the yard damaged the boot/boot lock to see what was in there...it was very good until then!!!...there is perforating rust in the sill on the passengers side but a huge bubble half a small football on the drivers side to the rear of the sill that I did not investigate ..the interior in the rear was fair and the front seats were sad but restorable..looks like it had been repainted at some stage in original mid gray gun metal..couple of good panels .rear bar looked good as did the tail lights...I think the headlights were OK as well.. any takers for the whole car you better get there quick..they will just crush whats there with no consideration of the vehicle...if 'tonnage' is down particularly at the end of the month they just take out a row..or two ...
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 08 June 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why is this Rod..

"early MX13 tho for modification reasons"

Something to do with the tiny steering box with no power steering??
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 08 June 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg,

The earlier models have to meet less ADR requirements. Pre Jan 73 has its perks Smile
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 08 June 2004 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be an MX10, 12 or 22 (coupe). Shitty E series diff. Silly square guages. Not as cool a front section. Slightly shorter in the engine bay too.
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So will the gutted shell in my front yard have the stronger? "F"? series diff?..
its a 12/1975 build ..uummmmm ..another delay to getting rid of it..?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT,

I was hopeing I could swap the MX23 front grills and panels onto it. The MS23 grill are much nice IMHO altho the earlyier model has chrome fill ins under the headlights which look a treat. I was planning to mix and match to get the right combo.

mmm Engine bay shortage may be a bugger. I din't realise they were different Sad How much shorter is it ??

I have the Complete set of Factory Parts manuals for the Mk II corona's so if you get stuck with something drop me a line. I have the workshop manual set too but I am sure you have that already.

I also just remebered something. When Joe had my old MX23 I bought him an original rear venetion for it. Im 95% sure it is still in his garage roof ?? I paid $50 for it and it would be a sweet addition to the back of your Race car LOL. I'll go over and dig it out if your interested.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm and now I think of it I think I kept the Import Hubcaps off it too ! (Mine was an import not alocal. ie it had the badge/emblems on the hubcaps. There should be half a dosen or so there somewhere ???
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg,
If it does have an F series Diff in it, would you be interested in selling it? (the diff I mean)...
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So Rod.. you have "another" set of manuals besides the ones you sold me?? I put them with my car when I sold her but have been able to borrow them back for photo copying (thanks Tiff)but would like another set if you have them..???
PM me if this is a go..thanks..
I thought they all had 'badges' on the caps..big blue coloured back disk things with clip fittings onto the s/steel disk.. about a million clips around the inside retaining edge so they will not fall off...if they did and hit someone they would kill them for sure..
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica - see your PM..
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rare find found

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=104694&current_re c=1&total_rec=8&sort_type=&make_id=8&a mp;model_id=246&state_id=-1&search_distanc e=25

Very Happy

Rod: buy buy buy Razz
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Owwwwwww BONE!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm Shit Greg, Now you have me thinking. I am pretty sure the manual you bought I had 2 of. I'll have to check now as I know I had the complete set of all 3 books for the car. (engine, Body, Chassis)

These are not something thats for sale but I am happy to refer to them if I can help you out. I actually have a rather large library of Toyotra Manuals and Parts manuals.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got the original service book & manual that came with the car and an old repair manual for the 4cyl mk2's and the 2m ones.

make an offer Laughing
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Wed, 09 June 2004 12:21

rare find found

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=104694&current_re c=1&total_rec=8&sort_type=&make_id=8&a mp;a mp;model_id=246&state_id=-1&search_distanc e=25

Very Happy

So very sad and ........................ green ?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And Greg, I have seen/had 2 different types of Hubcaps. The local ones had no badge/cap on them and the MX23 caps that do have the Badges on them.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have 2 sets of hubcaps with badges, plus a couple spare. They all came with the blue emblem bit in the middle, but sometimes they fell off.
Can take some pics.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 09 June 2004 13:13

EvilJack wrote on Wed, 09 June 2004 12:21

rare find found

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=104694&current_re c=1&total_rec=8&sort_type=&make_id=8&a mp;a mp;a mp;model_id=246&state_id=-1&search_distanc e=25

Very Happy

So very sad and ........................ green ?

Put a decent motor in there, paint it, and it would be a hell cool tow/support vehicle...
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i have them hub caps (the ones that had the badge)

but i didnt like the badge so i ripped them of but i still have the actuall hub caps Confused Very Happy

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT,

I have a few of the caps without the badges. They don't even have the holes to fit the badges on !
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That Crown has been up for sale before but as already noted...its icky lime ice cream Green!!!...and on purpose too by the look of it..
Sorry in advance to the green people...I have nothing to skite about..My Corona is "but its Brown dad??...Brown???"...
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My brown Corona.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/JZX23/R%20backside2.jpg
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

got camber Shocked
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only 5 degrees. Very Happy
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GT..
There is "rip up the road and blow you away Brown" like yours and "lay in the corner like dead leaves Brown"...Like mine.
I had a Bombadore years..one of those poxy VC 4 cylinder auto ones...we called it "Russell" because it was just brown and leaves...my daughter finally killed Russell in a beaut rear ender coming home from school..she was OK but the Hoonda she hit died on impact(no loss)..We ripped off the bonnet and drove Russell home - water pump jammed in the radiator and leaking everything - left him to die on the front drive..we then got our first MX32..
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:is it possible to over power a clutch???
Next Topic:Where to find panels for imports
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:40:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093951225280762 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.