Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
WTB: RA21/22 taillights Sat, 07 September 2002 15:12 Go to next message
The very early ones, to suit a '71 celica coupe.
Thanks,
Stefan
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Sun, 08 September 2002 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are the same as ta22 rear lights - - they are very hard to get in decent condition , though i do know of one OK ish set

anyone that has them usually hangs onto them stefan , as they are that hard to get
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Sun, 08 September 2002 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks. I knew 21/22 were the same, but didn't know if we got T-engines or R-engines in Australia. I was tying to find a set for someone I know.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Sun, 08 September 2002 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All T series motors till about 1976 when the ra23 came out - but T series continued in the ta23 , ta25 and ta28 .. Also a ta40 too ...

Anyway - what was he lookign for - just the lenses or the whole lot ( cghrome surrounds and flap in the middle ?)

i could probably get this other set for about 40 - 50 bux but they are a little tatty
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Sun, 08 September 2002 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info. Have never seen a ta40, thought they only got 18Rs. The guy I am trying to find parts for is actually in the US (having trouble getting hold of them) and would most likely need the whole lot as they are slightly different to the ones they got. If you can get hold of the whole lot, I could ask him how good a condition they need to be in.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Sun, 08 September 2002 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last check the whole lot was there - and nods to ta40 - thats what my 2T-B came out of - It was a jap import Smile

keep me informed of his wants and ill direct u to the person who has the lensesx

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Mon, 09 September 2002 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dual carbs Smile

About the taillights, he asked if you can get a pic and we'll go from there.
mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Mon, 09 September 2002 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stefan, you say ur friend is in the US? could you please ask him to try to get some clear front indicators for a ta22? i have a set of tail lights from a 74 ta22 if thats what hes after we could do a deal? they are in good condition
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Tue, 10 September 2002 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havent got a chance to take a pic for him - but i can tell you they were a bit tatty - the lenses had fadeda little - one of the chrome trims had cracked i think - and the rubber seals had perished

the flip down thing had been sprayed black by previous owner and was peeling

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Wed, 11 September 2002 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry all, I just found out he specifically wants the ta21 type, not ta22. I thought they were the same, but the ones he needs are completely flush and don't have any chrome parts, just a red lense and an amber one together like in an sa63/ra65/ma61. They didn't get them in the US. He does have a set of clear corners though.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Wed, 11 September 2002 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a pic of the sort:
http://www.speedtoys.com/~stefan/temp/Tails.jpg

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Wed, 11 September 2002 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan/Classic 71

Ok There are actually two types of Lenses in question here ! The ones in the pic were ftted to TA22's prior to October 1972 !

The RA21/RA22 ones DO NOT have the amber bit but are all Red !

I assume you are after the TA22 ones by your pic. These are getting old and harder to get but are still around. I havethem in my car actually.

Good luck !

BTW if anyone had a set of RA21 ones (same flat shape but All red) and Stefan wasn't after them I would be interested !

[Updated on: Wed, 11 September 2002 05:55]

mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Wed, 11 September 2002 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stefan, when you say clear corners you mean clear front indicators right? if so could you ask your friend how much he wants for them?
chutz_pah
Regular

September 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Mon, 07 October 2002 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the dude above is correct... ta21 have the flat style lights with the amber bits on it

ra21 has the flat ones with red all over...

i have been searching high and low for a great deal of time for the ra21 set... so hard to come by...

if neone has some, just start the bidding wars, cos i WANT IT!!!
wil8115
Regular

June 2002
Re: WTB: RA21/22 taillights Mon, 06 December 2004 05:41 Go to previous message
I'm in the US and can get clear indicator lenses and the 71-72 RA20/21 ALL RED taillights. Have friends that want to trade clear front indicators for amber ones and possibly red flat lenses for red/yellow flat lenses..

Here it is legal for both amber and red rear indicators.. amber on the front though.
I thought down under only amber was legal for street use??

btw a big thanks to FADE-E my new amber indicators looks sweet!

http://www.classic-celica.com/albums/Will-s-72/Amber_Corners.jpg

and the red tails..

http://www.classic-celica.com/albums/Will-s-72/Tailights_72.jpg

and "celica" script badges, and "blue" dragon emblems..

Who wants to wheel and deal ?!?!?!

Will
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Intercooler for TA22
Next Topic:eoi- ae86 bolt in roll cage
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:12:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055310726165771 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.