Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Celica suspension/brakes for AE92 Corolla?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SuperRA
Newcomer

July 2004
Celica suspension/brakes for AE92 Corolla? Wed, 14 July 2004 05:15 Go to next message
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I was looking around for possible brake upgrades for my AE92 Corolla. I was surfing quite some time ago and saw an AE92 that had a 20V motor installed. Some of the brake upgrades he did was to take the brakes and or suspension from a Celica (near same year) and use them on the corolla. His webpage is now gone and I unfortunately didn't print the info. I need to know what model celica to get donor parts from, and which parts. I was wondering if anyone here has done this or knows what is involved.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celica suspension/brakes for AE92 Corolla? Wed, 14 July 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm well after 1986 the celica's had to 5-stud with the exception of the ST162 ST models.. which you do have in the US under a different name I think

some of the earlier model's are 5 stud too methinks??? actually no, I don't think they did

check this dude

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Toyota___V ehicle_Bolt_Pattern_Reference.cfm

looks like the only one that would fit your 4x100 is the ST162 ST, but I would not be suprised if it has the same brakes as you

unless you change your hubs Evil or Very Mad
SuperRA
Newcomer

July 2004
Re: Celica suspension/brakes for AE92 Corolla? Wed, 14 July 2004 21:44 Go to previous message
Hi Rob? thanks for the info. Yea, I knew that some celicas had a 5bolt pattern and some 4. Were those the ones that came with 4AFE engines? Is the ST162 Celica what you have? I don't suppose you recall the size of your brakes do you? Changing wheels is not a big problem for me if I have to go 5 lug. I really just wanted to know if anyone has heard of this conversion or done it. I could just goto the junkyard and pull parts and see if they install into a similar corolla, but that means time and $2 entrance. Just thought i'd see if anyone knew first before I do that.Rolling Eyes

Thanks

As for the earlier celicas, i'm a bit familiar with those as I have an RA24 Celica. But once they converted to FWD, everything changed.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2004 21:46]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:22r/18R head bolt question
Next Topic:Seafoam
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:17:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465989112854 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.