Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:01 Go to next message
Its fun to read the people who obviously don't have AE86's bag them out because of the cult status and attention they recieve.
thoughts?
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have driven one and really like the whole car in gheneral yet i am not a fan of them. personally for me i dont like the shape but other than that its completely fine.

for me its not a hate of the car but an over done car! almost everyone has done it, is doing it or about to do it up.

theres my comment Rolling Eyes

WAITING FOR THE ABUSE TO BE HURLED AT ME NOW
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres no need for abuse to be hurled at you because you answered honestly and it makes sense. But i think that there aren't many done up 86's out there or even standard ones.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im in SYD and work for optus and there are about 4-5 here alone. so theres 5 people that work for optus here that have 1 Very Happy

also just look art the 86 cruise a few weeks ago, theres another x amount

[Updated on: Sun, 08 August 2004 07:16]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit thats alright. there aren't many here in newy thats for sure.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are heaps of cars owned by every man and his dog, the first one that springs to mind is the Subaru WRX...

But I mean, there are shitoads of Corolla's, celica's, Skylines, Soarers and the list goes on...

I tend to dislike a car that I see all the time and that is everywhere...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as Sprinters are concered, I like the car but just don't like the image. I hate the following sort of posts all the time as well ,"Whats a cheap drift set up for a sprinter?" or "I was driffting around a corner and smashed my Sprinter into a pole" this is what pisses alot of people of about Sprinters, hearing the same old story and thats why so many people hate them. some of the drivers also are fucking idiots (not all) and they give the Sprinter a bad image, it's the same with the Holden Commodore it's the image pepole get sick of, when I first come on this forum, I was expecting to hear Supra this and Supra that, it seems the Sprinter gets more of a mention then any other Toyota on here, so it is easy to see why pepole hate them.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think there is more attension on 180's or silvias and in some circles mirages or some shit like that. many people see the chance to have a cheap rear wheel drive car that handles well and has some street credsand even a cartoon made about them. And as drift is getting popular, there is so much attension put towards them. personally think the handling feel of an AE86 is fantastic and can be a great project car. i love the attension you get from enthusiasts that approach you and talk to you about the car.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude
get used to the haters

ae86
its the new "hate me" bandwagon
Rolling Eyes
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i personally like the car, lathough i dont own one. If its stock as a rock, it nothing special. But a few mods here and there and they're sweet ass cars Cool
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinters are everywhere??

Im lucky if I see a single sprinter during the week.
I drive over 700km's to and from work and then some courier driving through CBD during the day.
Maybe its just SA... but we do have the oldest fleet of vehicles here in Aus, so I would expect to see them more here than in other states?
When I do see them, they are normally a stocky driven by an old timer, or somebody I know.
And about the people that drive them, I can only think of one owner that ive meet in SA that would give them a bad rap? but he had chromies and P plates on the thing!

Thank fuck im in SA where they still have respect if thats the case...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are overrated for sure.
personally I dont think they're a terribly pretty car, but then I drive an ma61, which most people think are ugly Smile
if I had one, it would have to endure a 4a-gze conversion with a possible turbo thrown in, plus some serious suspension, drivetrain and brake mods.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 17:41

dude
get used to the haters

ae86
its the new "hate me" bandwagon
Rolling Eyes

thats true
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good god, bring out the violins... http://www.crayonline.com/smilies/violin.gif

lets just add another thread to the 'whinging about ae86's' list... and then lets all stand back and wonder why the non-ae86 driving world is sick to death of hearing about them

just go drive your bloody car already

[Updated on: Sun, 08 August 2004 08:22]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 18:07

good god, bring out the violins... Rolling Eyes

lets just add another thread to the 'whinging about ae86's' list... and then lets all stand back and wonder why the non-ae86 driving world is sick to death of hearing about them

just go drive your bloody car already

haha

like this ed?

http://www.crayonline.com/smilies/violin.gif
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where was that when i needed it Laughing

actually... edit/cut/patse... hey presto!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually like AE86's, to me they're the spiritual successor to the TA22 Celica (ie small, light and fun), and I loved my TA22's. In fact I nearly bought a Sprinter years ago but settled on the MA61 instead.

There's no way I'd own an AE86 today though, simply because of the image they have, the wannabe's who drive them, and threads like this. Razz
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*cue generic sprinter van dorifto battle pic*

http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Sprints/driftbattle.jpg

I just can't resist.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 18:39

There's no way I'd own an AE86 today though, simply because of the image they have, the wannabe's who drive them, and threads like this. Razz

100% agree
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont like sprinter's because they are overpriced and not that good looking.

I prefer my AE71, it has all the same features, with 4 doors and waaaay more boot space. plus it's faster.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 20:41

I prefer my AE71, it has all the same features, with 4 doors and waaaay more boot space. plus it's faster.

you think a AE86 looks worse than a AE71? AE71 are cute but not that cute Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 08 August 2004 11:02]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinters are over-rated. They might be a half decent car, but I'm sick of hearing that it's the most fantastic car in the world.
It's not.
It's a RWD Corolla. And it doesn't handle as fantastically as the AE86 crowd seem to think it does.

Build a bridge.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 20:11

how can it be faster? a stock ae71 vrs a stock ae86 will be same, since its the same car.

and yours is modded with a 4age, plenty of 86's out there like that, cant compare it with a stock ae86 Wink
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 21:08

Sprinters are over-rated. And it doesn't handle as fantastically as the AE86 crowd seem to think it does.

my stock car handles amazingly. the old pac run during the 86 cruise was great. i have driven many great handling cars and i was astounded by the feed back and ability to hang on and 4 wheel slide its way through corners while chasing 4ages. it definatly rates up there as one of the best handling cars i've driven. as for saying that they don't handle - just a cheap stab, and something i wanted to illustrate about attitudes towards 86's by making this thread.

[Updated on: Sun, 08 August 2004 11:33]

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 21:13

THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 20:11

how can it be faster? a stock ae71 vrs a stock ae86 will be same, since its the same car.

and yours is modded with a 4age, plenty of 86's out there like that, cant compare it with a stock ae86 Wink

Yes how is it faster ? I have raced a few ae71 , ke70's sports sedans etc which the same power and less weight than my car , and compared to the ae86 shape they a brick though the air ! Shocked You can see this very well when they get to 180ish . Try getting one of those to do 250ks with the window open and not get buffeted to death Sad . I don't even begin to hear wind noise with a helmet on at 200 with the window down Smile . The ae86 is a good car aerodynamically with the correct gearing and about 125hp atw i have seen one do over 220k's down the main straight at Phillip island thats fast for a 1.6litre car . I could see the door tops sucking out above 160 on the four door sedans , just like Datto 1600 etc . The design of the windows edges etc was never intended for such high speeds as a sprinter thus it wasn't given the same engine for a start .
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha
i think you will find it handles like a bucket of shit
now get out of your stock corolla and get in one that has some work done to the suspension

you will learn
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think my car handles like shit and its got wicked susp in it!

because its not set up properly atm Wink

*waits for adam to tell me off*
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 21:35

haha
i think you will find it handles like a bucket of shit
now get out of your stock corolla and get in one that has some work done to the suspension

you will learn

i'd love for you to come for i ride with me mate.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would i do that?
to show me your car handles?
ive been in enough of them to know they can be set up VERY well

but stock there a stock corolla
nothing that great
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 21:31

as for saying that they don't handle - just a cheap stab,

Why is it a cheap stab? It's the truth. They have trouble keeping mid-corner speed.
Ever seen a 4A-GE KE30 hang on to the back of a 3S-GE AE86?
They do not have world-beating handling.

Ever watched the Altezza vs Tsuchyia's AE86 videos on the Net? (1, 2, 3)
Now that is a great handling car. Shame the guy went off before he was able to pass the AE86.

and something i wanted to illustrate about attitudes towards 86's by making this thread.

You may not have noticed, but this thread doesn't really improve the attitude toward AE86s...
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
notice how its usually the same people that pop-up in these threads saying the same shit over and over again. Smile

ae86 jealousy? no. narrow minded-ness? yes. Smile

ive said it before, and ill bet that ill say it plenty more fucking times, but its not us AE86 enthusiasts that start the "how to drift a Sprinter?" or "drift setup for Sprinter?" threads, it's little smart-arses and wannabe's that do it, not us, so dont generalise about the owners, cos its all the fucktards that dont even have the money for a stock Sprinter that give us real owners and the vehicles the bad image. Very Happy
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for what they are they are fantastic handlers. brakes are shit though
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

my stock car handles amazingly.... 4 wheel slide its way through corners while chasing 4ages. it definatly rates up there as one of the best handling cars i've driven. as for saying that they don't handle - just a cheap stab, and something i wanted to illustrate about attitudes towards 86's by making this thread.

haha to refer to the 'elite dorifto' corolla in a manner such as '4 wheel slide' and 'best handling' seems like someone is a little confused as to what defines handling.

Add another person to the list that thinks stock corollas are drift weapons. Rolling Eyes
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i never said it was drift weapon.
i'm not talking about defining handling i'm talking about driving tecniques aqnd controlability
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

my stock car handles amazingly. the old pac run during the 86 cruise was great.

So is your car a street car or a track drifter? Because the suspension would be set up TOTALLY different. And a drift car isn't really going to handle on the street. I would assume it would be a DRIFT car based on your signature....or are you perhaps just another stock corolla wannabe?

If your doing a '4 wheel slide' on the old pac run you better get the fuck outta my way if im coming the other way. Just you remember how easily corollas bend.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 21:56

Why is it a cheap stab? It's the truth. They have trouble keeping mid-corner speed.

Now that is a great handling car. Shame the guy went off before he was able to pass the AE86.

and something i wanted to illustrate about attitudes towards 86's by making this thread.

You may not have noticed, but this thread doesn't really improve the attitude toward AE86s...

how did that video show anything.
the guy was around the outside of the altezza in the wet.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 21:58

notice how its usually the same people that pop-up in these threads saying the same shit over and over again. Smile

ive said it before, and ill bet that ill say it plenty more fucking times, but its not us AE86 enthusiasts that start the "how to drift a Sprinter?" or "drift setup for Sprinter?" threads, it's little smart-arses and wannabe's that do it, not us, so dont generalise about the owners, cos its all the fucktards that dont even have the money for a stock Sprinter that give us real owners and the vehicles the bad image. Very Happy

noisy minority syndrome.

nevre mind fellas'
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Err.. If you hadn't noticed, the Altezza was trying to pass the AE86. Until he went off at least.

Point 1: That AE86 is perhaps the most famous and most worked AE86 around. It was clearly faster than the Altezza in a straight line.
Point 2: The rain was a disadvantage to the heavier Altezza.
Point 3: Stock Altezza vs fully worked racing AE86.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys can't even have a civilised debate and chat without using personal attacks.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You posted a rhetorical question to begin with, you knew what to expect.

But i haven't seen an answer yet.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 22:25

Err.. If you hadn't noticed, the Altezza was trying to pass the AE86. Until he went off at least.

Point 1: That AE86 is perhaps the most famous and most worked AE86 around. It was clearly faster than the Altezza in a straight line.
Point 2: The rain was a disadvantage to the heavier Altezza.
Point 3: Stock Altezza vs fully worked racing AE86.

narky, are you sure that SXE10 is stock?

and the sxe10 is the next ae86 the toyota designers were rumoured to have said!

a modernised ae86 with 4 doors! dunno if its true though.

but the truth is, this thread is dumb
tthere is a lot of ae86 haters on toymods
its probably due to "sik dorifto kunts" and "WTD:panda hatchbatch for 3k" threads

its sad but true, a LOT of wankers want ae86s and think they are "drift kings" and their stupid attitude and wankery generally gives us real enthusiats a bad name.

like ae92 seca hatch drivers, most are fuckign moronic tards, but theres your real enthusiasts out there.

again, the noisy minority.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 21:58

Top response , since owning my AE86's there has been a huge number appear in this area . Nice paint jobs , wheels , stickers , and i would guess all have 4ac engine . Just after my earlier post i went to pick a friend up from the train station underground car park .

And guess what two AE86's a haven't seen before , one gun metal grey , one silver . Both looking great and a group of about 8 guys , a few imports FTO 180sx etc . All looking at this faded to shit dirty Ae86 for a few seconds . And what really shits me is not one of them had the guts to come over and say hi , because my car looks like shit ? Or because i didn't have the correct stickers ? I had only a old set of skyline wheels since its raining as normal in Melbourne and there my wets ?.

Well if you are reading this i hope you hearing has recovered , and that smoke didn't make you too ill . Cannot wait to not have a Ae86 in this area . Too many tossers no wonder i don't drive my car more than one a week nowadays .Next person how asked did you paint you car panda colors will get hit , if you cannot work out by the fading that its 20year old paint you shouldn't be on this earth Mad .

But i guess i will get the same shit in a M3 so i guess i will have to de-badge it .

No matter what you drive there will always by idiots with the same cars , just look at the crap S13 owners go though . Sad
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there has been one 86 owner in newy that was shady and didn't approach us. so we don't get many of those in these parts.
i don't think this thread was dumb. look at the response. it stured the pot quite well. the only 86 owners i have talked to and hang out with have all been enthusiats.
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people laugh at 86s because 90% of them have stickers and wheels and stock mechanicals - oh and the owners of the aforementioned cars think they are some tofu drift masters

the other 10% are probably quite normal, they just happen to own a car that a lot of wannabes own

however compared to nissan silvia/skyline owners.... dont get me started Wink
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Sun, 08 August 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh Ever since I bought mine awhile back, my friends dont talk to me.
ROFL. Laughing

I however agree with one of the early comments about reading the same damn threads over and over 'i dorifted around a roundabout and hit a pole' However I disagree with the comment suggesting its 'just like why people hate commo's'

The difference is. Everytime a dickhead writes one off, thats 1 more off the road Wink and theyre isnt a plague proportion like commos.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Mon, 09 August 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love my 86 and i dont care what anyone says. Cool
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Mon, 09 August 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 21:08

Sprinters are over-rated. They might be a half decent car, but I'm sick of hearing that it's the most fantastic car in the world.
It's not.

TOO RIGHT.

We all know that it is the TOYOTA CROWNS, that are the MOST FANTASTIC car in the world Laughing

Love the sprinters, even if i have never owned one. Shame that when my parents had one brought over, for a test drive, when i was younger, they never let me have a drive in it.
MMMMMM, 50 something KM's on the clock, brand new demo car Surprised

Well, back to spreading the word about CROWNS Razz

Andrij

(PS: Fireproof racing suit on for the comments i get back about that one)
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Mon, 09 August 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 21:56

Yer a 3S-ge , has anyone here lifted one of those engines ? A ke30 4age on a tight track would be hard to beat with the best AE86 Sad . A 3s-ge Ae86 is not going to have very good balance , much better suited to a larger vehicle . The tried and tested set ups for 4age AE86s are not going to work with that engine in the front , plus maybe having a larger gear box hanging off to back too . I know the normal modifications that everyone follows didn't work for my car Sad . I am still waiting for the AE71 vs Ae86 reply .
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Mon, 09 August 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 22:33

but the truth is, this thread is dumb
tthere is a lot of ae86 haters on toymods
its probably due to "sik dorifto kunts" and "WTD:panda hatchbatch for 3k" threads

its sad but true, a LOT of wankers want ae86s and think they are "drift kings" and their stupid attitude and wankery generally gives us real enthusiats a bad name.

like ae92 seca hatch drivers, most are fuckign moronic tards, but theres your real enthusiasts out there.

again, the noisy minority.

yeah Garth completely agree...

After reading all these threads about baggin the shit outta AE86's for a long time and counless debates on their superiority, I'd have to say that this is the first time i've actually posted anything because all other times i get sick to shit of hearing the same mumbo jumbo - and this thread doesn't differ either. You will always get people who own ae86's and are somewhat new to the scene and like the recognition it recieves in Japan and OEM's, but when it comes down to it, the innocent minority who are genuine enthusiests will suffer from blatant attacks about image blah blah.

If you don't like ae86's and think they handle like shit, then that's your opinion, and there is no need for anyone to explain anything, and for those who DO own ae86's and back their thoughts and say 'well jump in mine' then this aint helpin, cuz all it's doin is just stirrin the 'anti-ae86 squad' to have another excuse into the attitudes of some owners.

Jealousy? far from it..........it's these threads that are flame throwers waiting to ignite. I don't care what anyone says but if you truly have a passion for something, it's personal, and there is no reason to defend one's self from other people's opinions.

Directing thoughts of attitudes about AE86 haters? well it's no different from AE86 haters themelves. I'm sure everyone is sick of the word 'drift' and anything to do with 'ae86' and 'takumi', and I'm sick of reading shit that is supposed to offend me but just pisses me off that i'm apparently owning the wrong car?! (or the right one for that matter)...

Me? Well as Arch says, I love my car and i don't care what anyone says, it's personal and anyone who approaches it and other ones with the same amount of work gone into them, will appreciate it, not for the fact that it is an AE86, but the fact that it is an AE86 (or general car) well maintained and owned.

Flame me if you will!

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Mon, 09 August 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finally we have the post answered. i knew it would be a huge flame thrower. Smile the title was a huge give away.
I have never experienced this sort of car bashing before. i find it interesting and this was fun to read. i love my 86 and i have always wanted one, well before all this recent hype. i don't really care what people think if they see me driving in it or sliding around. We have a good group of enthusiast 86 owners here in newy and i enjoy the 86 life. Very Happy
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Mon, 09 August 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You all missed the point of this thread.

This thread is just another one of those "trying to justify myself as a true sprinter enthusiast infront of other sprinter enthusiasts" threads.

for another detailed example read this post i wrote, it explains the psychology behind it all.

here is the post http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=326402&rid=19&S=9f29df2842bc578c4ea1fa a43160e5ca

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Mon, 09 August 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i liked cars before they were cool too Rolling Eyes
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Mon, 09 August 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 12:48

You all missed the point of this thread.

This thread is just another one of those "trying to justify myself as a true sprinter enthusiast infront of other sprinter enthusiasts" threads.

for another detailed example read this post i wrote, it explains the psychology behind it all.

here is the post http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=326402&rid=19&S=9f29df2842bc578c4ea1fa a43160e5ca

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

yeah you know your absolutly right...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Thu, 28 April 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should all sell your 86's and buy Z20 soarers
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Thu, 28 April 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish toyota would make a small rwd/front engined sports car like the 86 again.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Thu, 28 April 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err why did you bring a year old bitch fight back to life
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Thu, 28 April 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bitch fight?

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Thu, 28 April 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No No No Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Thu, 28 April 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 12:40

although i dont condone bringing up old threads especially ones as stupid as this...but i do however highly condone that idea you have there Wink

after all, there is no substitute Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: AE86 jelously, maybe Thu, 28 April 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 13:39

Merudo wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 12:40

although i dont condone bringing up old threads especially ones as stupid as this...but i do however highly condone that idea you have there Wink

after all, there is no substitute Very Happy

oh shit, i didnt realise i dug this one out of the ground

someone must've linked to it (i think it mightve been that other '86 thread) and i didnt check the date.

fuck, sorry guys Crying or Very Sad
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:15 year rule cut off official date - for real now
Next Topic:Autosalon TV Commercial for Melbourne Salon this weekend.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:23:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099828243255615 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.