Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What about BOSS Amps?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

What about BOSS Amps? Wed, 11 August 2004 09:35 Go to next message
for an extra $89 more from the avalanch i can get a 1000W 4ch BOSS amp

what are they like worth it or still a heap of shit?
  Send a private message to this user    
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: What about BOSS Amps? Wed, 11 August 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boss amps.... Rolling Eyes well same deal with the avalanche gear, but probably slighty better. dont expect anything fantastic sounding or with head turning bass Razz
its better thou, for someone building a budget system.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: What about BOSS Amps? Wed, 11 August 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks mate, i would like to have a kickass stereo but when you have such a loud exhaust system then whats the point with the best quality? and when $400 for an good amp is nearly the cost of a new billet ground cam shaft i can't justfy it.

i just want my stereo "clarion 4x45w" to be able to be turned up to full without distortion, which i see one of these amps should be able to give me 45W of good quality sound so i will be happy, i'm a firm believer that you should spend money on making your car go better then all on a stereo thats why i spent $3,000 on suspension while i still only had the standard casset player and front speakers.

i'm a person that usually spends big bucks on buying the best but in this case, cheap and nasty sounds fine to me Razz
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What about BOSS Amps? Wed, 11 August 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought a 1000W Rolling Eyes Boss amp just to run my 7x10's and it does the job pretty well.
Those 1000W on 4 channels translates to about 4x60RMS, so if you bridge it into 2 channels it's sweet to run 6x9's or 7x10's.

BTW it is better than avalanche although its nothing compared to pioneer and co Very Happy

Also, look on ebay coz i bought mine brand new for $160 whereas they retail for probably $300 ish

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2004 12:32]

cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: What about BOSS Amps? Wed, 11 August 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got the exact amp by the sounds of it i cant say how well they are up loud coz ive never turned it up much but my pair of 6x9s sound good with it also they durable mines been doused with watter from a hole in my boot but stills runs like when i bought it
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: What about BOSS Amps? Thu, 12 August 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i feel the exact same as you with the stereo/performance concept.
i got a free sub and some 6x9's and a 4x150 povalanche amp for $99....the amp pushes the sub and speakers much louder than i want em to go! no issues as of yet (about 2 months down the track) and i'm glad i went with the avalanche and used the left over money on some kw's!

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2004 08:00]

swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: What about BOSS Amps? Thu, 12 August 2004 10:09 Go to previous message
Ive got 1 of these BOSS amps and ive had mine for the past 3 years. I have bridged 2 channels to run my Alpine 12" sub and it does the job quite well. I just have my fronts and my rear 6x9's running off my headunit.

Quality is not anywhere near as good my my brothers alpine amp but it does the job and has been doing it for 3 years.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:which mags? For AE86
Next Topic:Painting the Valve Cover
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 19:25:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064749717712402 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.