Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ONSHO
Newcomer

November 2003
IGGZE BLOWER PROBLEM Wed, 18 August 2004 10:01 Go to next message

ok guys i have installed a 1ggze blower on my e46 2001 2.0L bmw. Im running bout 6psi and have a front mount intercooler installed,bosch by pass valve fitted, the throttle is after the blower! Now i have been having some problems the supercharger has been putting my auto/steptronic in limp mode, does any one know why this could be or potentiol causes?

Secondly latly my supercharger has a slight rattle what could it be?

Im seriously considering swapping it out for a centrifigul vortech setup could be a better option as im having alot of problems running the 1ggze blower! Any help guys would be appreciated!
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: IGGZE BLOWER PROBLEM Wed, 18 August 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have done some serious modifications to the 1G-GZE engine and it could be any number of things causing those problems.

For a start how and why is your auto/steptronic connected to the GZE ECU ? Any 'false' signal/frequency etc out of the Toyota ECU could upset the BMW box, it won't be expecting signals from a Toyota ECU.

Rattle ? - mounting bolts and/or bracket ? Electric clutch worn out on the front on it - hard to tell going on what you have said and how you have modified it.

The GZE motor produces 9psi of boost in standard spec and you are getting 6psi ? Loss due to the intercooler ? BPV, throttle after the blower, its no wonder you are having problems with the set-up and are considering swapping it out for something else. Why a BPV on a lowly Toyota supercharged engine ?

To me, swapping stuff, until a 'miraculous cure' to your problems is discovered is just a waste of money. Fix it or find someone who can before you go making wholesale changes. If you are dead set on a swap, go back to the original BMW engine and s/c that......it might cure your steptronic problems for a start.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 August 2004 11:07]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: IGGZE BLOWER PROBLEM Wed, 18 August 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He says he's installed a 1G-GZE blower, not a 1G-GZE engine!

We can only guess why your auto is going into limp mode. Have you read the error codes? That would be the logical place to start.

As for your supercharger rattle, maybe it's fux0red from running under load all the time, which it was never designed to do. Installing a vortech centrifugal blower is the way to go if you want to run your blower pre-throttle; it's not a good idea to run PD blowers like that.
ONSHO
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: IGGZE BLOWER PROBLEM Thu, 19 August 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i have installed the iggze blower on my bmw engine!

the code that comes up is 'CAN ENGINE TORQUE SIGNAL' i have no idea what cause this code to come up or what it means!

Next week ill be changing over to vortech! Very Happy
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: IGGZE BLOWER PROBLEM Thu, 19 August 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is common problem
i have run across this at a workshop

the bmw ecu does not understand boost pressure

it only understands vacuum which is what the factory
ecu ran

did u think u can just bolt of supercharger and everything will be fine

so many people dont look into these conversions properly
did u expect the factory bmw ecu to be tuned for the supercharger

if u are in sydney u can goto peak performance and they might be able to remap yr ecu to suit the supercharger

the ecu is goin into limp mode due to boost and the way bmw ecus work they stop the auto from changing properly

unplug battery for awhile then plug iut back on
this will reset ecu and drive it but try not to hit boost
until u get it tuned
ONSHO
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: IGGZE BLOWER PROBLEM Thu, 19 August 2004 05:26 Go to previous message

SORRY FORGOT TO MENTION MY ECU IS ALREADY RE MAPPED BY PEAK PERFORMANCE. THEY ARE GOINGTO DO A VORTECH CONVERSION!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae82 suspension?
Next Topic:Flasher unit
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:41:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048990249633789 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.