Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » RA23 LT and ST Celicas.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
RA23 LT and ST Celicas. Thu, 19 September 2002 06:09 Go to next message
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the differences are between the RA23 LT and ST Celica's are. I'm currently doing one of my many up and one has a ST grill. I know the ST were never officially released in Australia but I'm just interested to know how the 2 types vary. Also how often were RA23's sold with air con? If anyone has any feedback that would be great Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA23 LT and ST Celicas. Thu, 19 September 2002 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AFAIK it was mainly trim/equipment differences between the LT and ST. Aircon in an RA23 is pretty rare from my observations.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: RA23 LT and ST Celicas. Thu, 19 September 2002 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is also VERY LARGE!! hangs down like an ugly fridge under the glovebox...and no i dont have it
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA23 LT and ST Celicas. Thu, 19 September 2002 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, you're thinking of the TA22. I have an RA23 with aircon and it's all integrated into the dash like any modern car.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA23 LT and ST Celicas. Thu, 19 September 2002 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u can get a underdash unit from a RA40 and slot it into your RA23 apparently..

also should have existing loom for it, look for red tape on unused plugs.
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 LT and ST Celicas. Thu, 19 September 2002 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ST also had a 18RB with 2 SU carbies till 76 in japan then was 18re injected
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: RA23 LT and ST Celicas. Thu, 19 September 2002 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The air con unit on one of my RA23's is a big box on the fire wall on the passenger side which is a real pain because Celica carpets don't compensate for this. The one I'm doing up doesn't have the air con in it, it would be good to transfer it over but I think that would be difficult.
RA23 Dan
Newcomer

September 2002
Re: RA23 LT and ST Celicas. Mon, 23 September 2002 04:44 Go to previous message
Just to put my 2 cents in. The RA23 LT aircon has a compressor mounted on the front right of the engine running off the same belt as the water pump. There is a second radiator (for the aircon) mounted just below and infront of the main engine radiator and the pipe work feeds through the normal vents in the interior. I belive that it was quite rare. When it works it is fantastic but I have a problem with mine in that the gases seem to escape form the compressior over a period of time. got to get it looked at again.!!!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Finally got my car!
Next Topic:THE lowest!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 09:03:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011955976486206 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.