Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » CA18DET on a TA22....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
CA18DET on a TA22.... Wed, 08 September 2004 21:35 Go to next message
Hi Guys... I've got the opportunity to purchase a CA18DET+Gbox+computer (RWD turbo 1.8 litre DOHC four) for $1200 (for my TA22)... Now... My question is..
*Has anyone done or know of someone who has done this
conversion?
*Would the engine fit? if so how would it perform?
*What other modifications would i need to do?(Brakes
etc)
*How much would it cost to get the whole thing
installed?

Thanks.....Jeri.
  Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CA18DET on a TA22.... Wed, 08 September 2004 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything will fit if ur prepaired to pay the cash for it...

i think it would depend on ur budget as to whether you can make it all work for you,

Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Re: CA18DET on a TA22.... Wed, 08 September 2004 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A rough idea of how much i would need? I really dont know? im starting my research today.... this is the first place i thought of...
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CA18DET on a TA22.... Wed, 08 September 2004 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well...
ud need/want to upgrade ur diff, brakes, suspension, engineering, wiring, exhaust, intercooling, modification to crossmembers so the gear will suit ur car,

if ur paying someone to do all the work for you, at a rough estimation. it could cost you anywhere to like 10 grand, ive never done this conversion before so this may not be acurate, but i know that conversions almost always ended up costing that little bit extra Smile

having said that. if ur prepaired to take ur car off the road for a while and put some of the hard yards in where you can, the total cost will drop drematicly.

if you were planning on a shop doing the work for you, give em a call and tell them what you want to do, and how much it will cost you,

cheers gumby
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: CA18DET on a TA22.... Wed, 08 September 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A workmate of mine just completed this conversion in his ta22. His diff lasted about 1month Evil or Very Mad he has a hilux going in next week (the hilux conversion along is costing him ~2k). He has standard brakes, but in NSW you may not be able to get away with engineering like that. I'll point him in the direction of this board next time I see him.
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Re: CA18DET on a TA22.... Thu, 09 September 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info guys....
Ra28Freak
Regular

September 2004
Re: CA18DET on a TA22.... Fri, 10 September 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Friend of mine up the road got his done fully inclusive for $6.5K just as an estamate
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Re: CA18DET on a TA22.... Sat, 11 September 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CA18DET on a TA22.... Sat, 11 September 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the semi-hijack, but i'm interested in this as well. I just found a bargain...a written off 180sx for less than $500 with a good motor but an auto box. Front end damage.

Wouldn't have thought about it before, but when these things pop up they make the mind wander.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CA18DET on a TA22.... Sat, 11 September 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just recently been conviced that this conversion could prove very mouthwatering. And also investigating the pros/cons. If anyone has more info, but particuarly the modifactions to cross-members and pictures of engine installed I'd be very happy to see them.
Cheers, Jacob
Ra28Freak
Regular

September 2004
Re: CA18DET on a TA22.... Sun, 12 September 2004 13:42 Go to previous message
Ill see if i can convince my friend to let me have a look or perhaps pics i do know it has custom mounts and the shifter sits further back and it has custom tailshaft so pretty much everything Crying or Very Sad but never the less still goes like the devil quite fun Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Latter T18 axle info
Next Topic:t-50 gearbox question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 11:36:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005742073059082 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.