Toymods » Tech & Conversions » KE30 FWD 4age to RWD 4age Conversion

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
KE30 FWD 4age to RWD 4age Conversion Mon, 13 September 2004 08:46 Go to next message
I have a ke30 and i can pick up a FWD 4age and loom + computer cheap just wondering how to get it to RWD and put it in my ke30. If anyone has done this stuff before please help! Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: KE30 FWD 4age to RWD 4age Conversion Mon, 13 September 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use the search function, newcomer
Carissa
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: KE30 FWD 4age to RWD 4age Conversion Thu, 23 September 2004 03:14 Go to previous message
as above, search for it, thats where all my info came from. Ive seen you're interested in my gear, half the work is already been done. basicaly, to convert a FWD to RWD is relatively simple.
1. engine mounts to suit RWD need to be made up. or use the mounts of your motor, and midofy the crossmember in the car itself.
2. "cut n shut" the intake manifold, basically swith the side the intake is, so in the car the intake is in the FRONT
3. Water pump needs to be a RWD pump, if you want to run a pullety driven fan to cool your radiator.
4. Cooling system needs to be slightly modified, so the outlet of the radiator and inlet to the motor meed up. (on a FWD the inlet is at the REAR under the intake manifold. (just bend it around i guess? havent done this yet...)
5. RWD exhaust headers. the FWD ones will be no good, chuck em out and get some rwd ones made up. again, some people modify the crossmember to fit a larger exhaust
6. Gearbox bellhousing to mate to your 4age, if you get your hands on a t-50 box (should go straight into your corolla) you will need a hydraulic clutch, master and slave (to replace the cable clutch)
7. fuel system needs to be converted to EFI, requiring a pump to be put in, some people here use a surge tank, so they dont starve their motor for fuel (especially sucking from the top of the tank, as it is now) thinking about building a baffle into the bottom of my fueltank to fix this, running the EFI pump from the bottom of the tank.
8. wire it all up and away ya go.

of course, im selling all my 4age stuff, i havent got enough cashflow to actually put it in, hopefully i have covered it all for you.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1,2,3 gen injector colours
Next Topic:auto computer
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:14:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037071704864502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.