AuthorTopic
Gased
Regular

May 2002
Diff centre for T18 Mon, 23 September 2002 13:05 Go to next message
Hi,

wanted...... good/new condition diff centre, T series,
for late (82 - black bumper) model T18.

Diff code T302 (3.727 ratio). Will consider near alternatives.

David

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Diff centre for T18 Mon, 23 September 2002 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a centre from a TA22!
Gased
Regular

May 2002
Re: Diff centre for T18 Mon, 23 September 2002 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that what I asked for???

Is it T series? What's the ratio......

good try man.

D
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Diff centre for T18 Mon, 23 September 2002 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you not say "Will consider near alternatives"? Rolling Eyes
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Diff centre for T18 Wed, 25 September 2002 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A T-series centre from a TA22 will fit but has a 4.1:1 ratio. 3.7 ratio centre's are hard to find I run one in my 3TG TA22 and had it reconditioned for $350.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Diff centre for T18 Wed, 25 September 2002 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my T18, I have used the standard 3.7, as well as an RA23 celica 3.9, and 4.1 diffs. The only difference (apart from the ratio) between celica and T18 centres is one stud in the T18 housing is too long, and therefore cant be used with the celica centre, but your diff wont fall apart with one nut missing like this.

a 3.9 ratio diff would be more suited to the ratios of a W58 gearbox, but would also be quite suitable for the standard T50, the speedo reading does not change significantly, and it does not rev its nuts off on the highway. A 4.1 will be a highway screamer however, I only use it for track work.

Cheers
Gased
Regular

May 2002
Re: Diff centre for T18 Thu, 26 September 2002 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool now I'm getting somewhere!

The 3.7 (T302) is the way to go. I've found one at a wreckers for $150 30 days guarantee. It's a bit steep but is already pulled out. I will soon know if its a dud. Just better find out if it is a cash back deal not credit.

The 3.9 would be a good second bet.

Funny about the long stud - this appears to be the identifier of a T series diff. The RA60 and 40 I saw had this long stud - just the ratios are not on.

Tanman where did you get your diff reconditioned. What exactly is done? I mean if there is massive wear what can be done? Do they replace the gears/bearings re lap????. Seems if they did that is a reasonable option. What sort of warranty did you get?

I've tried once to get a diff out of another T18 and couldn't get the axles out - wouldn't budge. My lightweight $20 chinese panel beaters pull hammer bits straightened out Confused
I don't have a purpose built axle puller tool - anyone in Melb lend me one? Otherwise will need to make up a plate with an eye bolt or something.

Lastly are there any lower ratio T series than 3.7 and in what models/years.

Thanks

David

ChrisH
Newcomer

September 2002
Re: Diff centre for T18 Sun, 29 September 2002 02:04 Go to previous message
Hi all, a quick tip for removing axles that works time and time again for me, pull off the drum/disk from the axle assembly and refit back-wards, screw on 2 or 3 wheel nuts about 2/3 on or enough so the drum or disk you put on has about an inch or so movement then brace your self an pull like hell. You might need a few go's if the bearings are corroded but it WILL come out.

P.S don't for get to undo the axle retaining bolts or this will be a waist of time.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ta22 boot seal (sydney)
Next Topic:Powerchip for '90 Corolla Seca SX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:46:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054929256439209 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.