Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Sun, 19 September 2004 01:31 Go to next message
I am trying to find some brighter headlights for the pimper as the normal ones just dont cut it as far as I am concerned but it seems like my search may be in vain... Sad

Apparently they have some wierd ass globes in them which makes it very difficult to find them, does anyone know where i can find some??

Has anyone tried?
  Send a private message to this user    
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Sun, 19 September 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I managed to fit those Super Bright White light globes. I get try get the name and part number for you as soon as i can.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Mon, 20 September 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
much appreciated Very Happy
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Mon, 20 September 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've only had trouble getting new high beam globes, the low beam ones are easy to find... I just picked some up from a Super Cheap Auto store

Dan
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Mon, 20 September 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I dont really need the high beam ones just the brighter bluer (if thats even a word) ones
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Mon, 20 September 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i'm in the same boat, need some brighter lights for the supra.

I think they take H4 globes, not sure. But BLK1GGTE let us know the name of those blue lights.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Tue, 21 September 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
H.I.L H4 12V 60/55W Opti Blue Silver Max Platinum super xenon gas filled bulbs

I kept the packaging Very Happy

Dan
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Tue, 21 September 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
many thanks upon you daniel son! Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Tue, 21 September 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just use the xenon blue bulbs that match up in my car.. work a treat.. no stupid yellow lights
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Tue, 21 September 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The actual plastic cover on the H/L go yellow which restrict light from gettin thru. Polishing with the plastic works a treat most of the time. New series two ones seem to have better and clearer casings for some reason. High beam is H7 from memory
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Tue, 21 September 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just as an aside (as i've been researching globes recently), the blue ones are not all they are cracked up to be. ie not necessarily brighter!!

have a read of this
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue /good/good.html

basically what it comes down to is this.

Xenon globes are brighter than normal halogen globes, which are brighter than old sealed beams.

globes that have a blue tint on the globe are NOT AS BRIGHT as the unfiltered ones... think about it.. if you filter the light, you are REMOVING some of the light, thus making it not as bright.

many sites i read suggest that xenon blue globes are only the same brightness as normal halogen globes, but are a little whiter.

if you want bright lights, without going to higher wattage (which will always work for a given style of globe, ie xenon55/60 vs xenon 90/100) then go for the Xenon filled "Plus" type globes.

ones that come highly recommended were:
Hella Plus 50%
Philips Plus 50% (i have them right now)
Tungsram Plus 60%
also some cheaper brands like the US made Wagner plus 50's are ok.

basically, choose a good globe manufacturer (ie german Wink ), then choose their highest Plus globe in the style you want.

i got Philips 'cool blue' at the same time as my plus 50's (for my sisters car) and they ARE NOT AS BRIGHT Wink.. same car, same brand hew Hella lense.. not as bright.

in fact both the plus 50 and the cool blue seem to be about the same 'whiteness' too.. just the 50's are a bit brighter.

anyway.. don't get sucked in by the 'blue' craze... just get higher temp globes, and steer well clear of cheaper brands and "fooly sik" ones...

if you must get blue ones, get a good brand (hella tungsram, osram, philips)

Cya, Stewart

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Tue, 21 September 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 14:07

just as an aside (as i've been researching globes recently), the blue ones are not all they are cracked up to be. ie not necessarily brighter!!

have a read of this
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue /good/good.html

basically what it comes down to is this.

Xenon globes are brighter than normal halogen globes, which are brighter than old sealed beams.

globes that have a blue tint on the globe are NOT AS BRIGHT as the unfiltered ones... think about it.. if you filter the light, you are REMOVING some of the light, thus making it not as bright.

many sites i read suggest that xenon blue globes are only the same brightness as normal halogen globes, but are a little whiter.

if you want bright lights, without going to higher wattage (which will always work for a given style of globe, ie xenon55/60 vs xenon 90/100) then go for the Xenon filled "Plus" type globes.

ones that come highly recommended were:
Hella Plus 50%
Philips Plus 50% (i have them right now)
Tungsram Plus 60%
also some cheaper brands like the US made Wagner plus 50's are ok.

basically, choose a good globe manufacturer (ie german Wink ), then choose their highest Plus globe in the style you want.

i got Philips 'cool blue' at the same time as my plus 50's (for my sisters car) and they ARE NOT AS BRIGHT Wink.. same car, same brand hew Hella lense.. not as bright.

in fact both the plus 50 and the cool blue seem to be about the same 'whiteness' too.. just the 50's are a bit brighter.

anyway.. don't get sucked in by the 'blue' craze... just get higher temp globes, and steer well clear of cheaper brands and "fooly sik" ones...

if you must get blue ones, get a good brand (hella tungsram, osram, philips)

Cya, Stewart

mines are just clear bulbs that are white.. but sorta look blue if u look at them for a while
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Tue, 21 September 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All i want is a brighter headlight with some blueish tinge, my mate has a set of phillips diamond views in his audi, they were $200 and they are very very very very bright! as in blinding bright!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Tue, 21 September 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philips diamond vision 5000K?
yup they are bright too. they are similar to a plus 50, but with blue tint on the glass..
$200 for globes does seem a little excessive...

unless of course you are talking true HID globes Wink
but thats an entirely different story.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Tue, 21 September 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are the closest thing to putting HID's in your car without spending $500 on the kit Very Happy

I cant really see the sense in it personally
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Tue, 21 September 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

mines are just clear bulbs that are white.. but sorta look blue if u look at them for a while

lol.... i think that ur just burning ur retinas.. hahaha

i just chucked in some h4's from my local caltex.. the front left keeps going out, i think it may be to do with me letting them do their auto shutoff thing..

any ideaS?
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Brighter Headlights for a *Z20 soarer Tue, 21 September 2004 13:41 Go to previous message
Okies. The globes are Philips H4 globes. I can't get the part number because i trown out the box. The blue lights are actually duller the one i am talking about. The globes look blue but are called super white lights.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae82 gearbox?
Next Topic:leaking TA22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:03:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061080455780029 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.