Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Wed, 22 September 2004 12:41 Go to next message
hey guys...

i found a link to a site with toyota specs and it says the 5speed 2T fuel consumption is 20km to the litre?..is this right..im finding it a bit hard to believe..

what fuel economy are some of u ta22 2T drivers getting?

thanks

Magicmitch
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Wed, 22 September 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would mean 800km... the best i ever got after a full 2T rebuild stock and fully rebuilt stock carby and extractors was 500km... it was for the first 3-4months of driving it and its reduced to bout 350km since for the last 3 years and now droping close to 300km now
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Wed, 22 September 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
righto...well i dunno what the site is on about.. here is the link if u wanna have a look.... 20km/Litre thats flat ground by the way...

http://www.d2.dion.ne.jp/~yama_oto/specs/spec009e. html

while we r sorta on the fuel topic...i am pretty sure i dont have the key for my fuel cap....what are the chances of me getting a new cap and key for my ta22? pretty slim id assume
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Wed, 22 September 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen prety much every site and they all say that... on a completely flat road i would believe that figure they say

i wish roads were as flat as they state, but even still it would reduce over time

[Updated on: Wed, 22 September 2004 13:15]

magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Wed, 22 September 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at what speed?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Wed, 22 September 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to drive from Brisbane to Bundaberg and back again on one tank of fuel in my TA22. It had a rebuilt 2T with a webber on the stock manifold and a reground cam.
Oh and a one way trip to Bundaberg is damm close to 400ks so I think 800ks from a tank is a fair statement.
floppy
Regular

January 2004
Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Wed, 22 September 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,

when I first got my TA22 on the road, I took it for a burn from Ipswich to Boonah, about a 60k round trip,(plus some other back roads) used half a tank of juice and had only done about 190k's!

But since replacing leads, coil, cap and points, and regapping plugs I get fairly decent economy from a non rebuilt original 2T.

I havent got the figures with me now, but a full tank gets me around 380-410 and thats with me giving a good hiding friday and saturday nights, on some backroads where its mostly in 3rd gearand high in the revs.

(I do have some extractors and a 2 and a half inch exhaust (hi flow muffler[so they told me when I had to get it replace])

Cant wait to get the rebuilt motor in. (had some head work done and oversized and a cam + webber)(not sure of all the specs, havent pulled it down to rebuild yet!!!)

Floppy

-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Wed, 22 September 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to get about 300km to a tank...
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Thu, 23 September 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magicmitch wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 23:18

at what speed?

its not bout the speed you but how you get to that speed. if you full red line and flat change every gear upto 110k/h then you wont get those distances, but if you drive/change normally then they are very plausible limits

they are stating the ultimate/perfect conditions, but increase humidity, road temp, tyre wear, tyre pressure blah blah blah then the values change
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ta22 with 2T fuel consumption Thu, 23 September 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh righto thanks for your help everyone
schnitzel
Regular

July 2004
Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Thu, 23 September 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get betwn 380 to 400k wit a 2tgeu in my ta22. As for fuel caps and keys saw someone selling some on ebay refer link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=10428&item=2490353252&rd=1

cheers
toyoTA22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Fri, 24 September 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a stock '74 ta22 and get 11/12k per litre which is about 400 - 500 klms per tank. The engine has never been touched.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Sat, 25 September 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup - 400 - 440 on hiway - 300 - 350 about town
floppy
Regular

January 2004
Re: ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption? Tue, 28 September 2004 05:49 Go to previous message
Hey just a quick update,

I did a mileage test on the weekend. It just so happened that driving to and from work plus a little more gave me 103klms, so I popped into the servo and it took 9.8L.

so 9.8L per 100k's wasnt too bad I thought. That works out to about 30miles per gallon I think. My maths might be off a bit though.

Floppy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SANDWICH advice
Next Topic:open letter to all 5S-FE owners
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 12:32:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050499439239502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.