Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

hemi 6's Thu, 26 September 2002 08:29 Go to next message
Does anyone know about chrysler 6's? ive got 1 here and its big presuming its a 245/265 hemi. The number cast on the side is A2899230. Can anyone help? Ive got pics if that will help.

Tim.
  Send a private message to this user    
PIG KIL
Regular

September 2002
Re: hemi 6's Thu, 26 September 2002 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
245 is 4 litre engine i think it has about 180 horsepower
265 is the BEST. 4.3 litre i think it has 210 horsepower with 1 carby. The R/T charger is the fastest production car built in Australia. Standard it beats new 5.7L HSV's. It has a triple carby and i am told about 300 horsepower. Cops used to have chargers with 265 in it because no one could eva get away from them. I have a VK regal wagon and it beats a lot of cars off the lights.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: hemi 6's Thu, 26 September 2002 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drive my brothers 265 hemi powered valiant around and you would think its the slowest car on earth.

But i know the carb is crap and its way outa tune so that might have somthing to do with it.

Heh... i once saw a 74' RT104 corona with a 265 hemi Wink
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: hemi 6's Thu, 26 September 2002 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can tell you from experience, the Hemi 265 is both unbeatable and unbreakable, I had a 265 Charger with triple carbies and it was an awesome car. The only six I have driven that would bag up a set of 265 tyres Laughing

Anyone that thinks a side cam, 2 valve per cylinder Hemi sucks, should check out this guy who put a hair dryer on his and found 280kW at the wheels. Shocked

http://www.autospeed.com/A_0024/page1.html

If I could afford the fuel (and rubber) bill, I would still be driving mine.

The engine blocks normally have the capacity cast on the side of the block. The blocks look identical, so pics won't help, bar getting me a little excited. The number you quoted is the engine serial number, without a list of all the engines that valiant produced, I don't think you will get to far with it, sorry.

What are you planning to do to yours???
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: hemi 6's Fri, 27 September 2002 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I signed up to a mopar forum and they helped me out, it is a 77 245 Hemi. Not quite as good as I was expecting but still fine none-the-less.

Anyway I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I got it cause I was told it was a 202 and was going to go into my GF's torana, now that it's a worked 245...I dunno, put it into a torana!!

What's the difference in the bore and stroke on this thing? Can I just put in a bigger crank or will it not rev? I believe the 265's redlined at 7 grand or something so I don't want to lose that...Now I need to find a fat set of carbs!!

Tim.

Re: hemi 6's Fri, 27 September 2002 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you sure it's the fastest australian production car???

Smile

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: hemi 6's Sun, 29 September 2002 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.tac.com.au/~georgejo/charger/

fastest prodcution engine until recently....apparently dosnt say what beat it though, prolly some porsche or something, defiantly not a bombadore/falcodore/dunnydoor

RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: hemi 6's Sun, 29 September 2002 12:47 Go to previous message
I don't think the E49 was the fastest production car ever, stock R34 N1's kill it, not to mention the very expensive ferrari's and the like...

I think it is in Oz or something? There has been a bit of a stink lately becaust of the commodore GTS, When Holden released it they claimed 14 flat I think, the charger got 14.1 or 14.2. Anyway, I don't think any of the magazine reviewers could match this time so it was disputed, also, charger fans claime that if the charger ran on the same tyres then they'd beat it. (a stock E49 ran a 13.9 on some better tyres, same width, just better technology...)

Tim.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GZE speed limiter
Next Topic:freight to sydney any1 wont anything sent there
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:45:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059230327606201 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.