Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Twin thrrottle bodies Sat, 02 October 2004 11:14 Go to next message
if you made a custom inlet with two throttle boddies say just two normal inlets used, would you have to wire up the computer to both throttle position sensors or can you just wire up one.
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Twin thrrottle bodies Sat, 02 October 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wire up one TPS - however, the stock ecu will have troubles as any given throttle position no longer indicates true load conditions (as theres now two butterflies open - not one - a lot different in the load and airflow characteristics)

ed
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Twin thrrottle bodies Sat, 02 October 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That depends if the ECU uses the TPS for load sensing. Factory ECU's use MAP, MAF or AFM for load sensing, but of course some aftermarket ECU's can run with just throttle position.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Twin thrrottle bodies Sat, 02 October 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, mostly true norbs, but the TPS output still appears to be used for basic load parameters (more complex than just open/closed loop and accel enrichment etc) - and has impact on both fuel delivery and ign timing...

i admit the fidelity of the TPS signal is used pretty crudely, with its effects based on position binned into a few finite bands, but its does fuck the ecu royally...

trust me - the TPS is one of the biggest factors in my engine being 'out of tune' - specifically part throttle off idle, mid throttle, and good go, the worst bit - WOT

[Updated on: Sat, 02 October 2004 12:33]

robs
Regular

July 2003
Re: Twin thrrottle bodies Sat, 02 October 2004 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there i hav donr this on my custom 1jz manifold due to the fact that i still use my factory ecu i have the second throtle set to only open when the primary throttle is open by 75% over the last 25% the second throttle opens fully this was alittle tricky to set up but wrks well and doest seem to cause any ecu probs
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Twin thrrottle bodies Sun, 03 October 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very interesting... do you have pics of your setup?
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Twin thrrottle bodies Sun, 03 October 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't even run a tps..
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Twin thrrottle bodies Sun, 03 October 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Sat, 02 October 2004 22:28

yes, mostly true norbs, but the TPS output still appears to be used for basic load parameters (more complex than just open/closed loop and accel enrichment etc) - and has impact on both fuel delivery and ign timing...

i admit the fidelity of the TPS signal is used pretty crudely, with its effects based on position binned into a few finite bands, but its does fuck the ecu royally...

trust me - the TPS is one of the biggest factors in my engine being 'out of tune' - specifically part throttle off idle, mid throttle, and good go, the worst bit - WOT

Yep, i came across this acouple of weeks back. I took the throttle bodie off to give it a clean and forgot to re-connect the tps and the car ran like a pig.
robs
Regular

July 2003
Re: Twin thrrottle bodies Tue, 05 October 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not yet havnt been able to get hold of a digital camera my mate is meant to be making me a web site and takin pics of the different mods on car soon essentialy on a 1j throttle body one of the linkages only begins to engage after 90DEgrees of movment i used the sprokets and chain out of a ma70 electric seat 4 the seat rake and shortenedt the chain to suit this has a ratio of 4 to 1 because the second throtle requires 180 degrees of motion to open fully the movment of 90 degrees on the primary throtle has to b geared up ahh this is to hard to exsplain ill tryn get pics as soon as ;p
Ra28Freak
Regular

September 2004
Re: Twin thrrottle bodies Tue, 05 October 2004 03:44 Go to previous message
what if u connect the cable to the second throttle body with some slack so that when you put your foot down past a certain point it will open perhaps even spring loaded so it fully opened at 100% throttle tho i dont think it would be necessary for a standard ecu??? anyway jsut had a think cos i was confused about your setup Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Offset of rims for my ta22
Next Topic:why do 1ggte eat oil
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:48:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057621002197266 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.