Toymods » The Outhouse » Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 04:24 Go to next message
Just like Pimpin' Downunder, but with cars! Trueno/Levin lovers will enjoy this game i'm sure, you can buy one and tune it!

http://www.topshift.com

You probably need to work a bit to get started, the link for this is in the garage page. Once you have enough, you can buy a car... once again the link is on the garage page. Other people get sponsors first and attempt to make lots of money through them I guess.

The tuning section is pretty cool, you can buy lots of parts and you can tune the aspects of the car too, like A/F ratios, damer rates, and the like.

I'm on there as Hydra, and i've started a Toymods team, so ask and I will invite!

Enjoy!

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 04:51]

Send a private message to this user    
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this anything like that nitto1320 game?

that was cool, i liked being able to swap on different parts n such.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno about nitto1320...

Join up and play, it's fun! You can swap on parts, turbo your trueno and use a stroker kit, whatever you like within reason.

Some advice, dont bother buying press kits until your RNR is above 20%... mine is at 3% Sad
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't get it..... Where the hell do I buy a car?
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the left, there is a link named Garage, go there.

In the garage over to the right of the screen, there is a small "buy" link or "shop" I forget, go to that and you can choose a car to buy. Above that link is the "work" link where you can use credits to earn cash...

Some things require both cash and credits, so dont blow all your credits at once. You get 15 credits every 10 minutes.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeh, AE86slut, I have invited you onto the team...
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want sponsorship, aim low at first... go for the magazines, sound companies and possibly some tyre companies. Spend about 25 credits on each and you'll pick a few up!
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks pretty decent, have to wait till tomorrow because I already blew all my credits/money.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo, i've invited you to join the team.

Yeh it's good to wait, that way you can save for big items like suspension!
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyones picked the same car Laughing
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i joined up as bigwillie.
straight away i got an invite from some other team, called stylemasterez i think, they all drive hondas so fuck that.
i couldnt afford a sprinter so i got a golf gti, but i just beat ae86 slut! Razz
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol.. d'oh! you should have worked and bought a toyota!! Razz

I'll invite you anyway, because toymods members are cool!
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We need a team message, STAT!
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm on there as da_horse....
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
username: dimmy77_03
driver: Dimmy
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lame thing said i'm using two IP addresses... one was the transparent proxy from internode, the other my IP address... oh well, give me 10 minutes and i'll add you!
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Invites done!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used 20 credits and got sponsored by pioneer Very Happy
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god dammit, i won most of my first races, i was at about 4 and 1, now ive lost 5 in a row. Mad only by little bits.
once ive installed bits, cheap bits, like the testpipe (wtf?) how do i make sure i get the power out of them? when i installed the testpipe, my power didnt change (cant afford a dyno run right now). when i got my intake and exhaust done, i got a bit of extra power, but i cant afford the credits and the money to keep messing with the dyno. any tips????
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to dyno run... then you can tune your A/F ratios from way too rich/lean to just perfect.

Dyno is an essential part in the game.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know, but what are some effective ways of doing it? they seem to be a a waste the way im doing them at the moment.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do one dyno run, then adjust the A/F ratio's up and down.. it'll make sense.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, thats what i did before. im not TOTALLY clueless, but i find it hard to get the most out of the dyno, without just purely guessing what ratios are best and what arent. and if the AF ratios that i adjusted are actually making a difference, as in, i might make one right change and a wrong one, so it cancels out.
should i be messing with the ones at around the 5500 mark? thats what ive been doing, and ignoring the rest. wrong? right?
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where do u guys get enough money to buy a car? Confused

im stumped
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Testpipe = cat convertor

dimmy, do work to earn money to buy car.

bigwillie, adjust all of the values to get them to an optimal setting... i'll get pics of mine in a sec.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
workin' Smile put a couple of hundred credits into working, until you have enough money to buy a car. but save your credits, you need them to tune your car and to race.
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i wish they gave you a bit more of a hint on the dyno etc. I too have flushed a lot of credits due to tuning Sad
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i spent all my credits to buy a trueno..feel like im 12... Evil or Very Mad
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.users.on.net/~hydra/afratio.jpg
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet as. i just put is 73 for all of them, and raised my power by 10 hp
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I keep on losing drags Razz I think my wheels are holding me back?
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you messed with the test and tune? i tried to make the rear springs harder and the front softer, by 1 unit, but i dont know if a higher number is a stiffer spring (i presume it is, by pure logic), but i seriously fucked my E.T. Confused
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, i've just run some times.. my best is something like 14.4, I could probably do flat 14's with non factory tyres and rims.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

seemed to me like i was getn nothn while logged out

i saw if you leave ot for a while it just logs out after a couple of mins

meh Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 10:54]

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think you have to be logged on to get credits?
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you get credits when logged off.
but it wont show ur new credits immediately when u log on.
jabtronic
Regular

July 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 18:29

[img]Hydra's dodgy tune[/ img]

Nah mate this is how the line should look. (FYI mine is sitting on 12.5 because it's turbo - 13.5 is for NA)

http://jabbatron.fateback.com/blaaah.txt
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, i was lazy and out of credits Razz
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aw11Clown
AW11
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Clown, i'll add you to the team if you give me the girl in your avatar Razz

Gimme a minute and i'll add ya.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Team is now FULL.

Sorry guys, someone will have to be brave and create a new team.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit man that was quick!
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn straight! Now where's my girl? Razz
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha if i knew that i'd be poken her, then i'd palm her off to you
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dammit!

Lets get this team up and going! There's a club on there called CCC... any guesses as to what it stands for?
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Thu, 14 October 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i started another team called Toymods2.

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can we venture the 2?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF am I doing wrong??? My power is 165, I have Advan tyres, but I am still pulling 17.5 sec qtrs!!!!

This is ghey wif teh aids!!! I have lost EVERY race!
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you played with the a/f in the dyno tune?

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My times got worse with new rims... I hope new tyres fixes this?

Maybe I should start saving for weight reduction.

I hope to get in on some circuit racing action soon too!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 14:32

have you played with the a/f in the dyno tune?

Yeah dude, it's tuned really well....
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you upgraded your skill level? Once you have enough experience you can upgrade skill level, it really helps with 1/4 times!
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've joine as stradlater..
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 15:56

Have you upgraded your skill level? Once you have enough experience you can upgrade skill level, it really helps with 1/4 times!

Dude, I can't upgrade that.....

I don';t get it. I have 175 power, good tyres and my 1/4 time got slower by 0.5 seconds!

Has anyone played with plug gaps?
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im up to 195hp and doing high 15s. Havent done anything to suspension or with the spark plug gaps.
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i join toymods2
my name is olihaub how original i know
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dammit i didnt refuel and ive just lost 2 races cos i wasnt paying attention
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much does it cost to install shit?!! I have 640 credits left after paying the 985 credits for them and I can't put my new HKS cams in.. Mad
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Never mind I am a dumbass!

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 07:06]

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game Fri, 15 October 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
invite for toymods2 plz
name is upgarage
Pages (8): [1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TPG Internet
Next Topic:Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday *FREE LIKE A BIRD!!*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:27:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013676881790161 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.