Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
hard to find hose clamps Mon, 18 October 2004 08:02 Go to next message
i dont know if it is purely because i am an idiot or something, but it seems i just cant find "proper" hose clamps for high pressure (efi) fuel line, or high pressure fuel line for that matter.

i have been to bursons, ryco, enzed, pirtek (had some hose, but no clamps) auto pro, some truck parts place etc etc and nobody has had anything like i wanted. why would none of these companies have either high pressure fuel hose or decent hose clamps? this is what they are supposed to do!

can someone post a photo of what these special bevelled edge hose clamps look like? and then possibly mail me some of said hose clamps Laughing

i think ill get the hose from pirtek, but that still leaves the clamps.

kennairs has been suggested to me, but they would surely have to buy these items from somewhere, i suppose ill have to go talk to them too.

im sick of looking for this shit.
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: hard to find hose clamps Mon, 18 October 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was just going to use these ones
http://www.rxplastics.co.nz/images/camlocks/clip3.gif

that what you are after?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: hard to find hose clamps Mon, 18 October 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, and they are "Norma" brand.. got them from a local engineering supply shop..
Cya, Stewert

http://www.hishose.com.au/products.htm
are in Vic.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2004 08:34]

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: hard to find hose clamps Mon, 18 October 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i suppose so, pirtex has them, but they only go as small as 20mm or so, nowhere hear small enough for 6 or even 8mm lines (plus a bit for the hose OD of course)

im starting to wonder if they make hose clamps that are bevelled all the way around, would it be possible? maybeye they just pay attention to the screw block bit of it, dont really know. i just dont want to use the ones that when you tighten them, bits of hose stick out through the screw thread slots, that looks dodgy.

yeah, have heard the name norma (just saw your second message) i think ill check the yellow pages.

just saw you update with the link, cheers! i went to HIS, they were frigging useless for hose, but i can get clamps from them, and hose from pirtex i guess.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2004 08:37]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: hard to find hose clamps Mon, 18 October 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a look and these ones are pretty much bevelled all the way round...

hmm, for 8mm hose, OD will be?? approx 13mm ..hmmmmm

i'll ask around, i need to get some soon anyhoo.
Cya, Stewart

ps, Xenium rocks Wink

more Edit:

a have a cat from Moyles.. has a listing for Norma GBS'M' clamps (liek the pic) they go to 17-19mm as smallest Sad.. that sucks...

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2004 12:05]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: hard to find hose clamps Mon, 18 October 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norma also do smaller clamps without the t-bolt setup, more like a regular hose clamp but the thread slots don't go all the way through the band so the inside is smooth & like you said has bevelled edges.
I just spent 100 odd dollars on hose clamps the other day, & the smallest I have is 8-16mm. I also got them from a local engineering supply shop.

There's a couple of other brands too, but I can't remember any of them.....
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: hard to find hose clamps Mon, 18 October 2004 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, I've been looking for some of these too. I've already had to replace one oil cooler hose only after 6 months because the vibration from the engine has caused the hose clamp to chew through the hose...
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: hard to find hose clamps Tue, 19 October 2004 02:52 Go to previous message
i called HIS again, the norma clamps dont go small enough for the 6mm hose, but he said they have some that will do the job, ill go check it out today.

im going to go to a place that just does fuel injection too, see if they can help me out. will post pics of what i buy.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Davies Craig EWP
Next Topic:HELP!! celica 86 engine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 08:51:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049488544464111 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.