Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
icon3.gif  1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Mon, 25 October 2004 16:07 Go to next message
A lot of people have been emailing me regarding 1JZ-GTE oil filter relocation kits. Hopefully this will help everyone interested and put less strain on my memory loss.

lumpy bought the kit which now belongs to me and is installed and works beautifully alongside an oil cooler that was purchased separately.

AUTOSPORT PTY LTD
..Automtve Parts & Accessories 248 Magill Rd Beulah Park 5067 (08) 8332 8811

The above company in Adelaide sells the plate that fits to the engine block and the plate that screws to the oil filter and sits remotely.

The only plate that has to be specifically 1JZ or 2JZ (both the same) is the plate that fits to the engine block. The remote plate can be any oil filter type that suits you.

All you have to do is purchase some high pressure hose that is specifically suited to hot engine oil passing through it. Barbed fittings and heavy duty clamps are also recommended. The right angled and other brass fittings must also be purchased seperately.

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/soarer/enginebay/DCP_2619.jpg

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/soarer/enginebay/DCP_2618.JPG

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/soarer/enginebay/DCP_2617.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2004 16:09]

Send a private message to this user    
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Tue, 26 October 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was intent on remote mounting my filter based on thinking that 1.it was hard to reach
2.the oil required extra cooling
I rocked up to my favourite shop and they walked me through 4 converted 1j vehichles none of which used a remote filter/cooler.
Is this one of those subjects that all cant agree on or do some particular vehichles require a remote filter as they are hard to reach?
Confused Confused. Cheers.Pete.
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Tue, 26 October 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete, not hard to reach! but in a shit of a position in regards to where the oil dumps, when you remove the filter. Oil all over your engine mounts. PIA to clean up.

regards Chuck.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Tue, 26 October 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChuckLandwehr wrote on Tue, 26 October 2004 22:11

Pete, not hard to reach! but in a shit of a position in regards to where the oil dumps, when you remove the filter. Oil all over your engine mounts. PIA to clean up.

regards Chuck.

And here I was thinking I was the only retard who spilt oil when changing the filter Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Tue, 26 October 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spilt oil is unavoidable Smile
and when the 1j is in an ma61, it is hard to reach!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Tue, 26 October 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get ur skinny bitch body in there!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Tue, 26 October 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have scrawny girly arms, and it's still a challenge!
it's more the maneuverability of an oil filter wrench around all the cabling etc
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Tue, 26 October 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do it up with your hands

and attack it from under the car
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Tue, 26 October 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ideally, any good cooling system should have a thermostat, just like the water system, although in our climate it is not as critical as places like the states where it gets really cold.

One other suggestion though, wherever possible, use mandrel bent connectors rather than the 90 deg brass ones shown, as they cause restrictions, turbulence and add heat into the system. The fitting are siteloads more expensive, but much better.

Whether you need an oil cooler can be debated, as it depends entirely what you use the car for

Neat setup though Danish
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Tue, 26 October 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm addicted to remote filters/coolers. Mounted one on my car the other day, and I've mounted the filter right next to the sump drain plug at the bottom of the engine - nice and easy oil changes! It amazes me how people mount the things sideways right up the top of the engine bay - think of the MESS come service time! I'm also surprised how few people use a proper cooler with a highly strung engine, or even bother to measure oil temp. Also, having that stuff in the engine bay makes it real easy to find oil for your turbo Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Tue, 26 October 2004 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danish - price on the engine plate?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Wed, 27 October 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any ideas about one for a 1g-gte soarer , are they they same thing , dont the 1j use the same oil filter zr14 or something similar to the 1g

apparently the oil filter is water cooled in the 1g-gte engine

anyone know anything in this regerds

cheers
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Wed, 27 October 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a generic Ford relocation kit for my 7M (yes I owned a 7M once Razz ) and it fits on the 2JZ also. More than likely it will fit on your 1G as well. Just go to Autobarn or similar with a spare oil filter and try it out on one of their generic kits, you'll soon figure out which one you need.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Wed, 27 October 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks norbie iil chek it out im pretty sure i dont need one as my car is stock but maybe later i might

im in the proscess of putting in a powersteering cooler for the soarer , got a small tranny cooler from the ford will be using that
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Filter Relocation Kits - Where To Purchase Wed, 27 October 2004 03:46 Go to previous message
POA, many other cars like Ford will fit ours, so just ask or try. Easiest way, find out what oil filter codes fit your car, then tell them.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Can you help me please?
Next Topic:13T-G?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:13:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061688423156738 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.