Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Silver_r33
Occasional Poster

November 2004
icon1.gif  1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 02:43 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I've recently purchased a '98 JZX100 Chaser Tourer V, but unlike the R33 Skyline i used to own, the information available about the engine and other components is a little thin on the ground. I was wondering if any of you guys knew details like injector size, impedance and style, turbo size and relative power threshold, and that kind of thing about the late spec 1jz-gte with VVTI. I've tried searching thru google, but until i learn to read Japanese i'm pretty much screwed!

Thanks for your help!

Send a private message to this user    
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You tried Google, but did you search here? There is LOADS of Info of the 1J here! Damn Nissan drivers!! Razz

BTW, Nice ride man, Manual??
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry... i have no information, but i NEED to see pics of your car.

NB. There may be drool involved
Silver_r33
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile I'll try to post pics, but i need some web space 1st... And its just an auto... couldn't justify the extra 300,000+ yen at auction for the manual.

And yeah, i did search on the forums, but havent really got much info on the turbo, found out that the 1JZ runs 370cc injectors (still not sure if they're hi or low impedance or top or side feed). And they're MAP based!?!? Hmmmm, i guess that shows how much i've been reading Nissan stuff Razz

Anyone got info on cams which will drop in and still utilise the VVTI? And anyone know what plugin (not piggyback) ECU's there are for the auto?

Cheers!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your VVTi 1JZ has a few differences compared with earlier non-VVTi 1JZ's. It uses a hotwire airflow meter, not a MAP sensor. The injectors switched from side-feed to top-feed, and I'm pretty sure they're bigger as well (440cc?).

As for cams, you don't have many options. There is the HKS VALCON upgrade which includes cams and a VVTi controller, but from what I hear it's very expensive.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u forgot that vvt-i 1jz has a bigger single instead of twin turbos.
Dont worry about it being an auto as the autos run in the high 13s where the manuals run mid 14s
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the injectors are 440cc ones which indicates that they should be good for around 290rwkw or so at a guess. So you shouldn't have to upgrade these for a while.

Computer options for auto toyotas are limited and yours being a vvt-i type will be even more limited. If you aren't planning on anything too crazy, I would just be getting a SAFC and leaving the timing side of it stock.

So what are the goals for this car?
Silver_r33
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, i'm not going to try and fool myself into thinking its a track car or a drag car, because at the end of the day it was bought to get me around the town Smile So essentially my goals are to get some nice power to the ground (i'd say around the 230-250kw mark) but keep the response level around the same, if better than stock. Which means that i'll look at keeping the standard turbo on it as long as possible so that spool up is quick.

Good to hear that the injectors are 440's, gives me some headroom to play with. What are the fuel pumps like in the Chasers?
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 15:09

the injectors are 440cc ones which indicates that they should be good for around 290rwkw or so at a guess. So you shouldn't have to upgrade these for a while.

Sorry to disappoint but the Injectors are not 440cc they are 380cc top feed (Denso Grey tops)

Unfortunately injectors are also on an extremely flat angle and most top feed injectors dont fit as they are too fat... Sard are the only ones making aftermarket injectors of the correct width available in 540cc and 720cc

Another difference with the later model 1jz is the ignition system which is wasted spark (3 coils) instead of coil on plug (6 coils)

The real difference comes in with the power delivery where its peak torque comes in at 2400rpm as opposed to 4200rpm for the TT

The stock turbo has the factory designation CT15b (although no markings are on the turbo itself) and have a ceramic turbine.. These turbos are good for around 210rwkw
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Use alavista babelfish to translate japanese pages Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry Smile I swear there were some for sale and they said 440cc.

Oh well, even if they are 380cc that is enough for your goal.
E30-323ti
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good score, Awsome cars, A friend of mine has a 5spd one.

He is running a 300x600x75 FMIC with 3" piping, 3" zorst and 15psi and is cranking out 220rwkw.
The turbo has held up on 15-17psi for the last 100,000km so the ceramic turbines can't be too bad.
deesonet
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a 3 page spec sheet on the JZX100 and 90 engines.

unfortuantely I don't have the full address of where it came from but can email sheet if required.
banhbao
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 15:02

u forgot that vvt-i 1jz has a bigger single instead of twin turbos.
Dont worry about it being an auto as the autos run in the high 13s where the manuals run mid 14s

ohh wow....that is interesting...i thought manual wud b faster to 400m?

and SILVER R33 r yu in canberra? my brother has jzx100 too its kool...but someone hit the car from behind (X_X) its gonna be expensive!

BTW dus anyone know where to get this SANDWICH plate for defi oil temp? you do need one rite?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danners wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 13:48

I'm sorry... i have no information, but i NEED to see pics of your car.

NB. There may be drool involved

I would also like to drool over your car Shocked Very Happy

and possibly commandeer your turbo Evil or Very Mad Laughing
Silver_r33
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

Just another question, what is stock boost? The car came with a blitz TT with a built in boost gauge and peak boost is (apparently) 0.8 bar, which i thought was pretty damn high for a stock car. Is restrictor of some description between the actuator and the manifold pressure line?

Deesonet: That would be great, I'll pm you my email.

Banhbao: Yup, I'm in canberra. I've seen another pearl white one (could be your brothers) around with a fairly large dent in its back corner. Ouch Sad

E30-323ti: Is that all the mods your friend has done to get 220rwkw? Jesus, thats awesome... Any aftermarket management?

MR 1GGTE & Danners: I've got some pics, but nowhere to host em. If someone can pm me their email I'll send them thru and they can host for me? Cheers.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
send em to della@airnet.com.au

ill host them for you Very Happy
banhbao
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Thu, 04 November 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver_r33 wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 09:12

Hey guys,

Banhbao: Yup, I'm in canberra. I've seen another pearl white one (could be your brothers) around with a fairly large dent in its back corner. Ouch Sad

yeh ur one is like my bro...pearl white...the colour is nice but thing is they cant match the paint! yu knw how much it cost to repair that back!!!...over 13k (X_x)

where abouts in canberra do yu live? wat mods has ur chaser got?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Fri, 05 November 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and he said "LET THERE BE PICS" Razz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Chasers/Picture057_small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Chasers/Picture056_small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Chasers/Picture055_small.jpg

Personally i love it, drop in an R154, coilovers and drift that puppy Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Fri, 05 November 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I would do the same if it didn't look so clean.

If you want a drift pig get a silvia! Razz
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Fri, 05 November 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used a 1JZ-GTE VVTi from a JZX100 in a RA23 Celica, the big front mount I/C may gave upped the pressure output a little, but absolutely no other mods it runs 10 psi boost. Love your car! you gotta be Very Happy

regards Chuck.
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Fri, 05 November 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked looks good... I own about a 1/4 of one of these nice to see what they look like when there not cut in half Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Fri, 05 November 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who says that all drift cars have to be drift pigs, there is such thing as a weekend drifter Very Happy
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Fri, 05 November 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice, you need a TRD Grill!!

Banho, I seen your Bros one at wakefield a few weeks ago.

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Fri, 05 November 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 14:39

who says that all drift cars have to be drift pigs, there is such thing as a weekend drifter Very Happy

I just think that if it isn't a drift pig when you start, it will become one soon Smile
Silver_r33
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Fri, 05 November 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, she's already got some suspension of some sort, Ohlins somethings... They're lower than standard, but definitely not Coil over hard!

I think i'll keep the slushbox for a bit (hey, i'm lazy!) but if it blows a manual will be sourced Smile

She's a bit porky for a drifter tho - 1435 kgs! If she goes on a diet, maybe... Razz

Exhaust will soon be added... i'll get her on a dyno for before and after graphs.
banhbao
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Fri, 05 November 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 14:51

Very nice, you need a TRD Grill!!

Banho, I seen your Bros one at wakefield a few weeks ago.

yeh he was there at trackday...me too and sum frend...did yu drive that turbo is200? and yeh stock grille is not too kool...needs to hav trd one but where in australia to get?
E30-323ti
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Fri, 05 November 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

E30-323ti: Is that all the mods your friend has done to get 220rwkw? Jesus, thats awesome... Any aftermarket management?

He has done nothing flash with it at all, just bolt-ons basically.
It is a Mark II Tourer V not a chaser sorry (same shit different funnel).

He runs 17x8" front w/235/45's & 17x9.5" rear w/265/40's and it is loose as (to the point where with 4 people and luggage you still can't give it any gas out of easy 2nd gear corners)!! I don't know weather it's because it is a Taxi with too much power or Toyota didn't quite get the rear suspension right?? I guess I can't comment too much as I've only been in his one!?!?!
FYI
My 220rwkw E30 with the 1JZ weighing 300kg less has heaps more traction (unless it rains, then you take the civic)!!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Fri, 05 November 2004 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E30-323ti wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 23:45

My 220rwkw E30 with the 1JZ weighing 300kg less has heaps more traction (unless it rains, then you take the civic)!!

that is interesting!

Have you set your car up to squat in the rear or is it stiffer for better cornering?

Maybe Toyota did design the Chaser family as drift cars not family cars after all Razz
kduong01
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Sat, 06 November 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all, I am banhbao's bro. And yes I own a Chaser (Manual as well Very Happy ). I havent seen ur car around Silver_r33. A new exhaust is a definite yes. I currently have the Blitz NurSpec on right now. I am getting another exhaust though.

By the way, ur car looks good MR 1GGTE Very Happy . What happened to the fog lights???

I was at trackday couple of weeks back. Wat car wer u drivin KOFFEE-BLACK ???
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Sat, 06 November 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, its not mine dude Laughing

i just hosted the pics for the dude who owns it Very Happy
E30-323ti
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Sun, 07 November 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 10:53

E30-323ti wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 23:45

that is interesting!

Have you set your car up to squat in the rear or is it stiffer for better cornering?

Maybe Toyota did design the Chaser family as drift cars not family cars after all Razz

It was relatively soft in the rear, but with good shocks (koni's) and good tyres (225/45 R16 T-1S's).
I'm currently changing the rear shocks/springs/wheels & tyres, I will be running 245/40 R17's and harder springs, hopefully it doesn't turn into a wheel spinning monster like the Tourer!!!
mischief1
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: 1JZ-GTE info Mon, 24 January 2005 15:27 Go to previous message
stark wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 12:39

Sorry to disappoint but the Injectors are not 440cc they are 380cc top feed (Denso Grey tops)

Unfortunately injectors are also on an extremely flat angle and most top feed injectors dont fit as they are too fat... Sard are the only ones making aftermarket injectors of the correct width available in 540cc and 720cc

Another difference with the later model 1jz is the ignition system which is wasted spark (3 coils) instead of coil on plug (6 coils)

The real difference comes in with the power delivery where its peak torque comes in at 2400rpm as opposed to 4200rpm for the TT

The stock turbo has the factory designation CT15b (although no markings are on the turbo itself) and have a ceramic turbine.. These turbos are good for around 210rwkw

listen to this person Razz I just got a jzx100 chaser myself. sweeet car indeed.

Theres an Apexi Power FC available for auto chasers(only ones made for autos), i'll be getting one soonish.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 January 2005 15:27]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Blocking heating hoses ???? 4AGE
Next Topic:MX83 Suspension.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 12:35:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075721740722656 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.