Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 95 3VZ-FE Camry - help on practical go-fast mods PLEASE?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
i_cant_find_a_name
Newcomer

November 2004
95 3VZ-FE Camry - help on practical go-fast mods PLEASE? Wed, 24 November 2004 02:29 Go to next message
Hey all..

I've done a lot of searching for performance mods on the net, I can find a turbo kit for the 3VZ-FE ( http://performance.narcs.net/3vzfe.htm ) but that's about it.. Just wondering if any of you guys can give me soe help regarding go-fast?

Really looking for acceleration rather than top speed; thinking supercharger/twin turbos/smaller turbo for fast boost..
I realise though that any of the above options really means custom work which really means lots of $$.....$$ i dont really have..but this will be a long-term project and i'm prepared to wait, so..

Any cheaper ideas that i may have overlooked would also be appreciated..

Thanks heaps guys, if any more info is needed let me know!!

Dave
  Send a private message to this user    
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: 95 3VZ-FE Camry - help on practical go-fast mods PLEASE? Wed, 24 November 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude,

Trying to modify the 3VZ-FE could be an excercise in futility, but traveling down the road less travelled is how the majority of cats on this forum got to where they are.

You mentioned alot of options, twin turbo's, supercharger etc. I'd strongly sitting down with a pen and paper, and decide on a route of modification, and stick to it. Sure theres the usual, exhaust, extractors, breathing mods, but frankly I don't think you'd get too much out of that. If you are seriously considering on making this a long term project, save, save and save till you can afford to do it right the first time.

Now my knowledge asociated with your engine is 0, but after having a look at the parts list for the turbo package theres alot of that stuff you can buy in bits and pieces on the forum, so keep your eye out and snap up some bargains. Before you know it, you'll have all the stuff you need, and I'm sure theres a few people on here who'd be able to do the conversion for you too Very Happy

Cheers
Soapy
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: 95 3VZ-FE Camry - help on practical go-fast mods PLEASE? Wed, 24 November 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well there is a TRD supercharger for a 1MZFE (Another v6 toyota) so you may be able to adapt this to the 3VZ... TRD may even make one for your engine but im not sure
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: 95 3VZ-FE Camry - help on practical go-fast mods PLEASE? Wed, 24 November 2004 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a few buggie boys from south aus that are using the camry and avalon V6's in twin turbo guise with some pretty damn impressive results. . . low boost with some head room left in the tuning has netted some good numbers, and with superb reliability.
just some food for thought.
Eddo
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: 95 3VZ-FE Camry - help on practical go-fast mods PLEASE? Thu, 25 November 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to my knowledge, trd doesn't make a supercharger for the 3v, only the 1mz.

from what i've also read off other forums, the 3v isn't all that good at handling boost, the 1mz, like the one in my camry, can take about 8psi without problems, but anything more will cause it damage.

an interesting note, some guy in america has done a full rebuild of his 1mz including forged internals, custom fuel rails etc and rebuilt his auto tranny and has hooked up a garrett t66 turbo (i think) onto it and is running about 30psi, the last time i read.

your best bet is to do a search on the toyota nations forum to get more ideas. the address is www.toyotanations.com
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 95 3VZ-FE Camry - help on practical go-fast mods PLEASE? Fri, 26 November 2004 11:55 Go to previous message
Quote:

to my knowledge, trd doesn't make a supercharger for the 3v

But they do make one for the 5VZ (3.5L) in Yakee hilux's and our early prado's ie similar intakes to 3VZ
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JDM AW11 ECU plug capability
Next Topic:Project KE70
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:16:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034630298614502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.