Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Headlight repairs Wed, 24 November 2004 08:22 Go to next message
As is the case with many older cars, the headlights on my Sprinter basically SUCK. The adjusters are stuffed, the reflectors aren't too hot, etc, and if I'm going to have the car back on the road soon, I'd like to do something about this! New lights are a bit on the pricey side, but there are several places around that say they can work wonders on old lights. Has anybody ever used one, and can anyone recommend one, preferably in Vic? Also any suggestions on improving the lights would be loved too, as even though I do plan to add driving lights, I don't want to make it into a B+S Redneck Rally Kid Car.
  Send a private message to this user    
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Headlight repairs Wed, 24 November 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres two good places in Melbourne , Headlight & heater co , and the headlight factory { i think thats the name } Ones in Abbotsford the other in Glen Waverley , have had dealings with both on repair of shitty old Italian headlights etc . Both did good work . Most panelshopd get the lights repaired / reconditioned lights from these people , especially if your car is insured with a crappy company like aami Laughing

I also was thinking of changing the Globe type or placement in the headlight to improve the lighting to a level like new car , without going to add more weight to the car with transformers for HID kits etc . Another problem seen with allot of the large k range globes is burnt out wiring , overheating of the lens which causes discoloration really quick . Phillips have a large range of these Globes , most are on display and Autobarns etc . Just place your hand over theres for a minute , then add the correct current directed for that Globe . You soon see how if used in a older headlight unit like Toyota ones , that oneway waterproof ducting for aircirclation will be need .

Please keep us informed mrshin
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Headlight repairs Wed, 24 November 2004 11:29 Go to previous message
Yeah, I've heard of both those places, just wanted some kind of recommendation. I'll give them a call tomorrow, see what they say.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae71 to ae86 engine wire conversion (loom?)
Next Topic:18RGU
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:28:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045380592346191 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.