Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 7MGTE fault code 34: abnormal boost pressure

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Barney
Regular

July 2002

7MGTE fault code 34: abnormal boost pressure Thu, 25 November 2004 08:54 Go to next message
hey i just blew my head gasket, got 15 thou taken off my head, replaced the gasket, ran it in without boosting the engine at all. now that it is run in, i give it the beans and when the boost starts to rise, the engine shuts down and the orange 'check engine' light comes on the dash.

this never happened before i had the head off, but i am sure that everything is plugged back in.

now i have a bleed valve boost controller but have since removed it. i am running stock boost where as before i blew my head gasket i was running 11psi and this never happened

is there some sort of pressure sensor that could be malfunctioning?

has anyone had this before?
  Send a private message to this user    
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 7MGTE fault code 34: abnormal boost pressure Thu, 25 November 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its overboosting, check and see if your pipe between the turbo housing and the waste gate hasn't come off or leaking. Thats my 1st suggestion.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE fault code 34: abnormal boost pressure Thu, 25 November 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not neccessarily overboosting... mine did EXACTLY the same thing after it came back from the mechanic (surprise) The two clamps that tighten over the rubber join that connects the throttle body to the 3000 pipe were undone, when I gave it a bit of sauce it would suck unmetered air in and cause the car to jolt and the check engine light would come on. I would make sure that everything has been done up properly since the head has been off, especially the intake piping

Good luck!

Dan
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE fault code 34: abnormal boost pressure Thu, 25 November 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I beg your pardon! technically that would be overboosting.... i'm sorry for being stoopid
Barney
Regular

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE fault code 34: abnormal boost pressure Sat, 27 November 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my boost gauge only reads about 4psi when this happens, even less on hot days. i have checked most of the hose clamps on the inlet piping, i just need to check the ones underneath. also my waste gate lines are in good condition and hose clamps are tight. i have also checked the airflow meter and it is in spec.

has anyone heard of the 'turbo pressure sensor'? apparently it has 3 wires coming out of it (orange, white and brown) and this is what lights up the 'turbo' light on the dash. i would also like to investigate this sensor if all my hose clamps are ok, but i dont know where it is.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 7MGTE fault code 34: abnormal boost pressure Sat, 27 November 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the turbo sensor with orange vrown and white wire is purely for the boost gauge on factory cars
goes nowhere near the ecu
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: 7MGTE fault code 34: abnormal boost pressure Sat, 27 November 2004 23:12 Go to previous message
ok then.. you've done the headgasket thing..
i did that one month ago..

i'd u retorque it higher to.. i forget now
mines running on 4.5 , thats what the auto runs on and manual 6.5 psi

another thing u watch. i had this problem last fortnight, i was comin home along the highway and the main output hose to the intercooler off the bottom of the turbo popped off completely and the car just lost all power, still was running,, but couldn't accelerate at all! , i was spinning out, thought i blew my turbo up and all shit. but no smoke, no oil everywhere, all was kool, got a tow truck Sad 100 bucks later home, cost $49 for it get fixed, i gotta get the service and tune all that,

i can very easily come off.. if it isn't put on very very firmly!
, with your boost problem.. its leaking somewhere! maybe it fried ur computer and it needs to be reset? , computers decide everything, when the cars running,

ur boost cut is coming on, but there not rise in boost, ur computers wacked or something, or it loses huge amounts of pressure from somewhere, and the turbos trying to keep up.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:17" wheel for celica 86
Next Topic:3TGTEU ECU Q
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:53:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004918098449707 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.